Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Young guys that stood out

appvette
School: Appalachian State

Re: Young guys that stood out

Unread post by appvette » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:29 pm

87ASUgrad wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:23 pm
Don't forget the Offensive Line! I have been seeing some big wholes this season that I could drive my truck through. Their pass blocking is impressive also. I was worried about losing some really good ones that graduated last year, but these guys have stepped up and are doing great!
Did anybody in particular surprise you? I'm not good at judging lineman performance.

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:34 pm

The Rock wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:17 pm
falcoapp wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:41 pm
Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:13 pm
I cannot recall the last time we were weak at the QB position.
Probably sometime around the David Reeves/Daniel Jeremiah era. Since Joe Burchette, it's been All-Conference caliber QBs.
We were fairly pedestrian between AE and TL. Deandre Presley looked to be a solid replacement, but after his first year as a starter, he fizzled. Really the same with Jamal Jackson and Kam Bryant.
The only problem now is knowing we will probably lose a very talented QB because someone (or 2) will hardly ever see the field with a solid RS sophomore and RS freshman at qb1&2.
DP had virtually identical stats as Armanti for the first 6-7 games (rushing and passing) but was never the same after he got hit in the helmet... I think it was the end of the Georgia Southern game. I truly believe he would have had a similar career if that hit hadn't happened.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:38 pm

The Pressley,Cadet , Jackson years were not managed well. My opinion.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:38 pm

#6 PEOPLES is Special.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:52 pm

appvette wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:29 pm
87ASUgrad wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:23 pm
Don't forget the Offensive Line! I have been seeing some big wholes this season that I could drive my truck through. Their pass blocking is impressive also. I was worried about losing some really good ones that graduated last year, but these guys have stepped up and are doing great!
Did anybody in particular surprise you? I'm not good at judging lineman performance.
No, nobody in particular. We just have more depth at OL than I thought we would and their performance stood out all game long yesterday even with the younger guys getting in the game. I don't think I am good at judging the OL performance either, but I know we get QB sacks, QB hurries, and the running game sucks when they don't do their job.
Give Em Hell!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”