Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Pros and cons of or experience Saturday

NO.2
School: Appalachian State

Re: Pros and cons of or experience Saturday

Unread post by NO.2 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:33 pm

I'm sure AMB or Booneshine would jump at the chance to brew an exclusive "Rock only" beer.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:11 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:33 pm
I'm sure AMB or Booneshine would jump at the chance to brew an exclusive "Rock only" beer.
It's really not that far fetched. O'Conners in Norfolk brews an exclusive brew for the Norfolk Admirals(minor league hockey) team that you can only get at the arena. Maybe have a collaboration between the Fermentation Science program and one of the wonderful breweries in Boone. Let's make it happen!
FREQS AND GEEKS!

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:52 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:11 pm
NO.2 wrote:
It's really not that far fetched. O'Conners in Norfolk brews an exclusive brew for the Norfolk Admirals(minor league hockey) team that you can only get at the arena. Maybe have a collaboration between the Fermentation Science program and one of the wonderful breweries in Boone. Let's make it happen!
Ya'll realize App State makes their own beer, right?

yikas1

Unread post by yikas1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:23 pm

Anybody see a pro the fact that we may have one of the best teams we have ever fielded? Rather than a beer garden location?

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:24 pm

NoLongerLurking wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:52 pm
NavyApp wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
I don't drink beer, but when I had some of the in house stuff a few years ago it was good. I think part of that is due to very small batches of beer. I am not sure what limitations they have but I don't think there are allowed to make much, though I could be wrong.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:47 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:24 pm
NoLongerLurking wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:52 pm
NavyApp wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
I don't drink beer, but when I had some of the in house stuff a few years ago it was good. I think part of that is due to very small batches of beer. I am not sure what limitations they have but I don't think there are allowed to make much, though I could be wrong.
You are correct as far as I know, they are small batches. I was just throwing a bone. I had some App State beer at the high country beer fest 3 years ago and was also impressed.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:08 pm

Pro: The Tweetsie Horn!

tjpappy

Unread post by tjpappy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:53 pm

[/quote]

I caught a beeper a few weeks ago and the driver was a senior in Fermentation Sciences. He told me that they are shutting the program down due to a lack of funding.
[/quote]

The Fermentation Sciences program has recently merged with Chemistry. The renamed dept. is the Department of Chemistry and Fermentation Sciences. Hopefully nothing dire has happened since the official change in July.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:59 am

It’s shameful that Appalachian has to canabalize a groundbreaking program like FS for funding issues while the Tar Heels can afford to spend $15 Mil covering up decades of fraud.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... 62745.html

stafford

Unread post by stafford » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:13 am

I wasn't interested in a $5 program. Guy behind me bought a water and said it was $4.

How much was the beer in the garden? Got to think that in the stadium it will be very expensive

CharlotteApp05

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:26 am

Good point on cost. UNCC I think was $4 for domestic and $6 for craft, which I thought was acceptable.

Would love for us to study break even points on higher prices versus more sales. It seems like the Falcons have figured something out and it really helps the fan experience.

I imagine most people that leave early to go to the bar are going to pay 3-5 there, so if we price at 4-6 plus you get live entertainment, it seems like people would stay.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:32 am

CharlotteApp05 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:26 am
Good point on cost. UNCC I think was $4 for domestic and $6 for craft, which I thought was acceptable.

Would love for us to study break even points on higher prices versus more sales. It seems like the Falcons have figured something out and it really helps the fan experience.

I imagine most people that leave early to go to the bar are going to pay 3-5 there, so if we price at 4-6 plus you get live entertainment, it seems like people would stay.
$4 and $6 would be an acceptable price point for me...inside the stadium. I believe that is the price range at GA ST last year as well. It was great to be able to have a few beers at the seat while watching the Black & Gold run the Panthers out of "The Ted". I realize we can't do the same as far as taking beer back to the general seating area, but even a segregated in-stadium beer garden would still be a hit, especially with a good field view, IMHO.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”