Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Concession Stand Lines and Service

appswin1

Concession Stand Lines and Service

Unread post by appswin1 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:46 am

I don't post but have been reading for years on our site. We need to contact ASU and get them ramped up on our concessions at FB games. I have been on Yosef Club and season ticket holder for years on the East (State) side. With a very average amount of fans this past weekend the lines for any type of food or drink were ridiculous. This weeks game will be crazy if they don't improve it. They don't seem have any desire to make it better for fans IMO.

I know the ice cup discussion has been debated and I'm on the side of having ice/cups and paying for them.

Our team on the field looks great, but we need to get this straightened out as we look like armatures on the concession side. Is there any place where we can voice a concern about it?

T-Dog

Re: Concession Stand Lines and Service

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:49 am

Chancellor's Office

Telephone: 828-262-2040
Email: chancellor@appstate.edu

Athletics
PHONE: 828-262-7825
Doug Gillin 828-262-7825 gillindp@appstate.edu

YesAppCan
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by YesAppCan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:36 pm

I have heard from several sources that by halftime East side lines were ridiculous and room temperature drinks/water were being served. This HAS TO GET FIXED. As my friend App74 says; "You HAVE to listen to your customers and they are always right whether they are right or not." Our "behind the stands" experiences with concessions lines and restroom lines has been a long time issue. Now, with the plastic bottle approach, they have made it worse.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:37 pm

We need Larry Culpepper out there selling ice cold Dr. Peppers. ;)

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:39 pm

Soon, this will hurt concession sales. Any benefit from the Pepsi bottle approach will be lost AND you have disappointed the customer/fan!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:39 pm

appswin1 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:46 am
I don't post but have been reading for years on our site. We need to contact ASU and get them ramped up on our concessions at FB games. I have been on Yosef Club and season ticket holder for years on the East (State) side. With a very average amount of fans this past weekend the lines for any type of food or drink were ridiculous. This weeks game will be crazy if they don't improve it. They don't seem have any desire to make it better for fans IMO.

I know the ice cup discussion has been debated and I'm on the side of having ice/cups and paying for them.

Our team on the field looks great, but we need to get this straightened out as we look like armatures on the concession side. Is there any place where we can voice a concern about it?
Be careful about the complaints or you’ll be told you don’t have a life.
Last edited by NewApp on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:40 pm

I think Larry Culpeper is looking for work.

AppScott89

Unread post by AppScott89 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:44 pm

I also sit on the east side. I agree the lines were long and the choices are slim. I pay for my Yosef dues and season ticket just like the people who sit on the west side. We should not have to walk to the other side to get decent concession.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:50 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:39 pm
appswin1 wrote:

There is a difference between having legitimate complaints about services (or a lack thereof) that impact many fans vs acting like a crotchety old geezer yelling at kids to get off of his lawn.

appswin1

Unread post by appswin1 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:52 pm

I completely agree. People get frustrated and if the fan experience is not good they will not come back.

They (we) need to get this straightened out and make it right....Fast!!

appgrad2010

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:54 pm

Lines were way to long. FACT!

JGthatsme86

Unread post by JGthatsme86 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:01 pm

I’ve got to say...this one to me is a head scratcher. With college campuses across the country outsourcing food services to third party companies and restaurants, actually that have a core competency in food services, I’m not sure why we went the other direction. It was the only black eye on an otherwise awesome day.

QueencityApp

Unread post by QueencityApp » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:23 pm

Did anyone get to experience the pregame Biergarten that was talked about being set up right by the Rock near the ticket booth plaza?

Oldlknapp

Unread post by Oldlknapp » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:41 pm

Sitting on the east side, I chose not to stand in the long lines to get a drink.

Next week I’ll try to make sure my group has a snack and “liquids up” so we won’t need to buy concessions.

TurfMonkey

Unread post by TurfMonkey » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:48 pm

I'm not a crowd control designer, may be not be enough room, but the
bank type ropes (queue?) would help a ton. Hate having to cut through the
concession line to get from A-B.
If anybody knows a reason why not, I will shut up about.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:50 pm

They need to think about using ropes to accordion the lines to free up walking paths. I can't imagine having lines 25 people deep that span the entire width of the concourse making it impossible to walk through is up to fire code.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:57 pm

QueencityApp wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:23 pm
Did anyone get to experience the pregame Biergarten that was talked about being set up right by the Rock near the ticket booth plaza?
Someone said they went there to socialize and were out of beer.

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:49 pm

Without insulting too many people, is Helen kellar the person running the pedestrian flow under east stands? It has been like this for years. I also mentioned the long lines across the east concourse to Pam Cline. I asked why not use theatre type roping and she said it was against fire code per fire marshal. But I think she didn’t understand my thinking. I don’t mean roping perpendicular to the vending stations but parallel with and they are merely waved forward by next associate ready to serve them. I have said this for umpteen years. I have actually gone to the men’s room and started telling guys to line up behind then next guy at each pisser instead of waiting single file for the guy in front to finish up. It’s rather easy but unless you address the situation, the powers that be don’t pay any attention. When you have two different vendors across from one another, they are going to create competing lines and those lines will clutter the walk thru traffic. The more I think about the inefficiency, the more I think how idiotic this has become.
Last edited by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY on Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:52 pm

Why not try it...experiment with better ingress/egress...bitching...yep, I am but it’s a sad day when I think I’m the smartest person in the room but after seeing this cluster...I know I am.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:56 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:50 pm
NewApp wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:39 pm
appswin1 wrote:

There is a difference between having legitimate complaints about services (or a lack thereof) that impact many fans vs acting like a crotchety old geezer yelling at kids to get off of his lawn.
Your snark is lost on me as I just see it as coming from a bitter pathetic loser. Too you will notice that my complaints were about things that definitely impacted many fans.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”