Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

You Suck @sshole

AppinATL
School: Appalachian State

Re: You Suck @sshole

Unread post by AppinATL » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:23 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:17 pm
I chuckle each time I hear it. I believe it might be one of the least offensive things I hear during the game.... Considering all the old drunk morons with cups of ice.... Anyways.... The u suck ahole chant is a winner winner chicken dinner. I'd say it's far less offensive than the gangster/trash rap that is played all the time.
Of course you would feel this way. Class-less to the core.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:30 pm

AppinATL wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:23 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
I chuckle each time I hear it. I believe it might be one of the least offensive things I hear during the game.... Considering all the old drunk morons with cups of ice.... Anyways.... The u suck ahole chant is a winner winner chicken dinner. I'd say it's far less offensive than the gangster/trash rap that is played all the time.
Oh you say such sweet things. You flatter me!

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:37 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:07 pm
JerryJerryJerry wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:03 pm
Why is this even a thing? We're going on, what, four years of this chant now?

Last year, Gillin and Co. launched an "initiative" to combat it, yet failed to do anything productive with it. There was an email announcement to the student body that the CLASS values we used to display on the big screen were still very much valued (although we no longer show the CLASS stuff anymore) and an attempt to replace the chant was half-assed.

Let's blare Kernkraft 400 and flash words on the screen in hopes that a fanbase that's incapable of chanting anything other than "APP" and "STATE" will catch on and run away with an awesome new tradition. That'll work.

We've got an incoming freshman class with a 4.05 average GPA and SAT scores around 1110-1310, yet we sound dumb as hell on live ESPN broadcasts when an opponent kicks off to us and you hear a resounding "YOU SUCK ASSHOLE". It's also a wonderful element to the "family-friendly" environment of KBS.

For a program that's showing a lot of promise, and lined up to receive more and more attention over the coming years, we should do something to polish up our image and show the rest of collegiate football that we're not a bunch of dumbass mountain holler rednecks clinging to an 11 year old upset, slinging insults at anyone who challenges us. We've got it hard enough already in being taken seriously, and the fan base should start working for, instead of against, this program.
Go listen to what LSU students sing when their band plays "Neck". Our "Smart Kids" sound like angels compared to them.

Good luck trying to get a bunch of inebriated 18-22 year olds to stop. Let them have their fun. They're paying for it...instate residents will pay upwards of $60k for 4 years. Have you contributed more than that to the Yosef Club recently?
Well the LSU administration banned the marching band from playing “the Neck” so...

JerryJerryJerry

Unread post by JerryJerryJerry » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:51 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
JerryJerryJerry wrote:

Last year, Gillin and Co. launched an "initiative" to combat it, yet failed to do anything productive with it. There was an email announcement to the student body that the CLASS values we used to display on the big screen were still very much valued (although we no longer show the CLASS stuff anymore) and an attempt to replace the chant was half-assed.

Let's blare Kernkraft 400 and flash words on the screen in hopes that a fanbase that's incapable of chanting anything other than "APP" and "STATE" will catch on and run away with an awesome new tradition. That'll work.

We've got an incoming freshman class with a 4.05 average GPA and SAT scores around 1110-1310, yet we sound dumb as hell on live ESPN broadcasts when an opponent kicks off to us and you hear a resounding "YOU SUCK ASSHOLE". It's also a wonderful element to the "family-friendly" environment of KBS.

For a program that's showing a lot of promise, and lined up to receive more and more attention over the coming years, we should do something to polish up our image and show the rest of collegiate football that we're not a bunch of dumbass mountain holler rednecks clinging to an 11 year old upset, slinging insults at anyone who challenges us. We've got it hard enough already in being taken seriously, and the fan base should start working for, instead of against, this program.
Go listen to what LSU students sing when their band plays "Neck". Our "Smart Kids" sound like angels compared to them.

Good luck trying to get a bunch of inebriated 18-22 year olds to stop. Let them have their fun. They're paying for it...instate residents will pay upwards of $60k for 4 years. Have you contributed more than that to the Yosef Club recently?
Yeah, you're right. I didn't do the same or anything. Or go back for a year and a half grad program, or spend thousands per year on Yosef Club tickets, away game tickets, my maximum allotment of season tickets, charitable one-off Yosef Club campaigns, or fundraiser events. You're right. Since I'm not actively a student, but just actively a lowly fan, I should just pipe down and let the situation continue on.

Also, great idea. Let's benchmark ourselves against the respectable LSU fanbase. Maybe someday soon, we'll have the distinct honor of being held in the same regard.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:03 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Geez. What a perspective. :roll:
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:03 pm

AppinATL wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
Amen! Always has been, always will be.
Google SUX

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:04 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:17 pm
AppStateMtneer wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:04 pm
Need to do the App State Chant on the big board pointing at when the sides should say App and State.... Students been failing at that for few yrs and its just getting worse
I’ve been preaching this for a while. It would be perfect this year with no temp end zone bleachers. I attribute the downfall of the App state chant to those bleachers.
Send emails to Ad Admin requestion Vodoe Board flash the App State with arrows to the east and West sides

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:08 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
JerryJerryJerry wrote:

No, but I paid my tuition and fees, too, and paid most of them for my son 20 years later.
Google SUX

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:10 pm

Ideally we prohibit student attendance which will coincidentally allow Newapp to make a game on time.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:13 pm

appchicago wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:07 pm
This is often mentioned in the same sentence as booing the other team when they enter, and the latter bothers me more. Did we need to boo Gardner Webb? Most of us knew what kind of day they were likely going to have. We had to add insult to impending injury?
Eh, I’m all good with a hefty deep lunged “boo”.... that’s just part of fandom. Telling someone they “suck” and are “A-holes” is definitely a step up on the “hate scale”. The filth that protruded from my mouth for the early decades of my life are enough to make the South Park kids blush.... but most of it makes one sound classless and ignorant. I grew out of it. I’m sure one of these millennial students can conjure up a clever chant without using profanity, one thing I’ll never question about millennials is their cleverness.
Last edited by appstatealum on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Appalachian State

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:13 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:08 pm
kornegaylw wrote:
JerryJerryJerry wrote:

No, but I paid my tuition and fees, too, and paid most of them for my son 20 years later.
Everything doesn’t need to be tied to Yosef membership. Let’s not throw that up in fellow Mountaineers faces.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:28 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
JerryJerryJerry wrote:

Don't care who is paying what where. That statement is irrelevant. This is childish, boorish, and reflects poorly on every single person affiliated with ASU. It is a total lack of class, and should not be tolerated by anyone with any small amount of maturity.

AppStateMtneer

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:32 pm

https://youtu.be/f6VQhLUCGFc

Ssllllooowwwwww it down ;)

https://youtu.be/wBHiESfXtkU

Students have always been what makes the atmosphere what it is at App - Keep up the tradition!

My suggestion for kickoff would be bring back the band playing the Olympic theme and holding the last note until the ball is kicked
/caught.....
Much rather hear that than the piped in music.... I dunno....maybe I'm starting to get old :(

https://youtu.be/oL-6MdsK2N0

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:46 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:03 pm
AppinATL wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
Amen! Always has been, always will be.
You've always been a deranged individual. I enjoy being the bamboo sliver under your fingernail.

JerryJerryJerry

Unread post by JerryJerryJerry » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:49 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
JerryJerryJerry wrote:

Yeah, you're right. I didn't spend 4 years doing the same. Or come back and spend another year and a half in grad studies at ASU. I should just pipe down. I should let them have their fun because they're paying for it, because YC donations, away game tickets and travel, 4 seats worth of season tickets every year since graduation, one-off YC campaigns for video boards and other extras, and fundraising events are totally free. They don't require any personal commitment, investment, or effort.

Also, great idea. Let's benchmark ourselves against the ever-so-respected LSU Tiger fanbase. We can only hope that someday we're held in the same regard as them, right?

Since you're so concerned, I'll fill you in. I'm in the 89th percentile. In other words, I give more than 89% of the people that sit in those stands every Saturday. Talk is cheap.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:06 pm

Enough with the pissing contest. The ideas of using the video board to coordinate the App State a chant and bringing back the Olympic theme song have merit. Email the ADs office as I’ve done with these ideas. And by the way mine is bigger than all of youze!!!!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Can anyone with a straight face say this is a good cheer?

I bring my young children to the games and cringe ever kickoff.

I’m not here to pretend I never said stupid things at games (even as an adult) but this isn’t a good look for children, prospective students, donors, etc.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:33 pm

Hmmmm...how can I put this nicely...Can we put a comma between the second and third word in the thread title? Commas are important.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:36 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:28 pm
Can anyone with a straight face say this is a good cheer?

I bring my young children to the games and cringe ever kickoff.

I’m not here to pretend I never said stupid things at games (even as an adult) but this isn’t a good look for children, prospective students, donors, etc.
No one has said it was good..... I just think it's better than all the other trash we have a games. The druken fratathon on the duck pond field. Sorostitutes dressed like hookers.... Rap songs with over half the words bleeped out. Druken old Yosef members stumbling around yelling about cups and ice. People puking in the lots. You guys live in a bubble when it comes to things. The rock, with all it's shortcomings, is far and away better than most other places. You can't stop the student section from doing what they do. If they take student tickets away all youd hear at the games is crickets. I say get the student council involved, start a campaign on campus (hand out flyers or have the football team themselves hand out stuff and speak to the students) using a new phrase to chant, but as someone already mentioned....gotta be something they (the students) come up with. Us old has-beens aren't gonna change it. Neither is the admin...

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:36 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:33 pm
Hmmmm...how can I put this nicely...Can we put a comma between the second and third word in the thread title? Commas are important.
Post of the week. Hahahahahahahah

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”