Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Kickoff chant thread, Part II

1ASU78

Re: Kickoff chant thread, Part II

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:10 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:37 am
Hasn't everyone been saying "Kick Ass!" in our fight song instead of "win Apps" for eternity or do I just hear it wrong?
I n 1975 it was give em hell. I still say give em hell as some other old heads do

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:32 pm

Better yet...allow us to bring our souvenir cups into the game (empty of course) and get a refil 50 cents cheaper. Isn’t that sustainability?

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:09 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:32 pm
Better yet...allow us to bring our souvenir cups into the game (empty of course) and get a refil 50 cents cheaper. Isn’t that sustainability?
I'd struggle internally to even pay 50 cents for Pepsi. Yuck!
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:08 pm

I swear some of y'all probably can't hear the "App.....State" chants.

That give me a solution.

How about doing an "App....State" chant along with the pointing starting before the kickoff through the whole kickoff play?

It's different, it's something young and old can agree on and it's awesome.

Plus, it personally would make me happy since I helped do the first-ever "App.....State" chant versus Southern Illinois in 2005.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:10 pm

1ASU78 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:10 pm
Hasn't everyone been saying "Kick Ass!" in our fight song instead of "win Apps" for eternity or do I just hear it wrong?
I n 1975 it was give em hell. I still say give em hell as some other old heads do
Give em' Hell was still around 88-92. I guess I'm old as well.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:43 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:32 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s crazy how out of touch they were when they pulled the cups and ice. If they only knew how many comments would result from their negligence......
The Appalachian State

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:48 am

T-Dog wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:08 pm
I swear some of y'all probably can't hear the "App.....State" chants.

That give me a solution.

How about doing an "App....State" chant along with the pointing starting before the kickoff through the whole kickoff play?

It's different, it's something young and old can agree on and it's awesome.

Plus, it personally would make me happy since I helped do the first-ever "App.....State" chant versus Southern Illinois in 2005.
Unfortunately, these kids can’t get the pace right on this one, they do it too fast. Man, it was awesome yelling the slow “App......State” back in Chattanooga. Someone needs to get these cheerleaders to help slow the pace down on the chant. When done right, everything gets quite and that chant will give you chills.
The Appalachian State

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:45 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:10 pm
1ASU78 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:10 pm
Give em' Hell was still around 88-92. I guess I'm old as well.
I can't remember when Give'Em Hell went away, but I dearly miss it.

MtnDevil95

Unread post by MtnDevil95 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:50 pm

It was still "Give 'Em Hell" through the 1994 season, as I remember.
“When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows.”

MountaineerKidd

Unread post by MountaineerKidd » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:04 pm

Just an idea for another chant not necessarily during kickoff but why don't we use the "n-o-t-h-i-n-g that's what (enter team name) mean to me" chant that the team uses in the locker room after games?
I feel if we had a player start that chant on the video board that chant could really catch on and would be really cool if the whole crowd was chanting that.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:56 pm

MountaineerKidd wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:04 pm
Just an idea for another chant not necessarily during kickoff but why don't we use the "n-o-t-h-i-n-g that's what (enter team name) mean to me" chant that the team uses in the locker room after games?
I feel if we had a player start that chant on the video board that chant could really catch on and would be really cool if the whole crowd was chanting that.
We can't even "app state" right, how would upgrade that to 14+ syllables?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:22 pm

NoLongerLurking wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:56 pm
MountaineerKidd wrote:
I thought we got the App State right Saturday. Even heard it watching the replay

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:22 pm
NoLongerLurking wrote:
MountaineerKidd wrote:
I thought we got the App State right Saturday. Even heard it watching the replay
It was much better, but let's focus on being unreasonable and hateful to one another.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:50 pm

NoLongerLurking wrote:
MountaineerKidd wrote:

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:53 pm

NoLongerLurking wrote:
MountaineerKidd wrote:
I agree the App - State chant was a lot better than the GWU game. We sit on the "State" side and the students in 105-107 tried a few times to start the chant again while we were on offense during the first half. The cheerleaders in front of them were even doing it too with the signs, but I didn't see it happen any more in the 2nd half, so hopefully they have it figured out now.
Give Em Hell!!

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:01 pm

Get the Student Yosef Club involved somehow. It'll only change if it's a student led thing. Even if it was just "YOU SUCK" that'd be ok...kind like they do in hockey. The As*hole part just sounds trashy. It's not that I'm not offended, it's just sounds classless....the kind of stuff you'd expect from GaSouthern, Maryland, Buffalo Sabres, etc.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:47 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:46 am
QueencityApp wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:15 am
The band just needs to play Bugler’s Dream and drown out the student chant as much as possible. I have no idea why the band stopped doing that a few years ago.
I'm all over this with you. Play it...hold the note and at kickoff "Go App State" on the video Board to get the crowd to try that. And my pet peeve of the last 5 years....We need a Band leader who is marching band first. Time to transform the Band back into the Band of Distinction and practice like other Bands do. I'd like an aggressive drumline too!
I was going to start a thread about our band but I'll settle for this for now, at least. This year's band, under the direction of Don Peach, is about a 50%+ improvement over the last five seasons already. This is the *second time* Peach has stepped forward out of semi-retirement to serve as interim MB director while a search is under-way. Peach had a long, successful and award-winning career with the Hickory Senior High School Band, among others. He and the HSHSMB have a room-full of ribbons and trophies won in MB competition both in the USA and over-seas.

Peach purposely downplayed his role with his comments in the feature linked below
but don't be distracted. The guy is all about details and excellence--as one must be when working with marching performers numbering 320+. To approach it otherwise, one is pursuing the e-z way out and lackluster mediocrity.

Peach, BTW, is a proud member of our Appalachian Family.

http://theappalachianonline.com/2018/09 ... ssic-rock/
Last edited by asu66 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:52 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:46 am
QueencityApp wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:15 am
The band just needs to play Bugler’s Dream and drown out the student chant as much as possible. I have no idea why the band stopped doing that a few years ago.
I'm all over this with you. Play it...hold the note and at kickoff "Go App State" on the video Board to get the crowd to try that. And my pet peeve of the last 5 years....We need a Band leader who is marching band first. Time to transform the Band back into the Band of Distinction and practice like other Bands do. I'd like an aggressive drumline too!
I was going to start a thread about our band. This year's band, under the direction of Don Peach, is about an 80% improvement over the last five seasons already. This is the *second time* Peach has stepped forward out of semi-retirement to serve as interim MB director while a search is under-way. Peach had a long, successful and award-winning career with the Hickory Senior High School Band, among others. He and the HSHSMB have a closet-full of awards won in MB competition both in the USA and over-seas.

Peach downplays his role in the article I've linked below, but don't be thrown off by his remarks. He is all about details and excellence as one must be when dealing with a 320+ marching/performing outfit unless ragged mediocrity is one's goal or unless you're looking for the easiest way to a monthly salary.

Peach, BTW, is a proud member of our APPALACHIAN FAMILY!

http://theappalachianonline.com/2018/09 ... ssic-rock/

tjpappy

Unread post by tjpappy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:15 pm

I agree about the band - already greatly improved! They even marched onto the field!
Last edited by tjpappy on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:51 pm

tjpappy wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:15 pm
I agree about the band - already greatly improved! They even marched into the field!
Yes...they marched onto the field, into and out of every formation and off the field in strict precision. Helter-skelter, middle-school run-to-place-if-you-can-find-it is over--for now anyway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”