Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Kickoff chant thread, Part II

NattyBumppo'sRevenge
School: Appalachian State

Re: Kickoff chant thread, Part II

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:16 am

I agree that it needs to stop with the exception for when Georgia Southern and Arky State come to town. I think it is warranted and acceptable for those games.

JerryJerryJerry

Unread post by JerryJerryJerry » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:30 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:16 am
I agree that it needs to stop with the exception for when Georgia Southern and Arky State come to town. I think it is warranted and acceptable for those games.
Interesting use of the double standard. This is a horrible idea. It's the type of idea that led to this chant being used at every home game (and one away game) to date. Don't like the other team? Stand up and be loud. No need to be crude or offensive.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:51 am

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:59 am

I want KBS to be hostile. There are so many issues with the students leaving early and screwing up the App State chant I just can’t bring myself to care about “you suck, ass hole” at all. It’s not even that comprehensible from my seat in 111, which is probably the best place to hear the student section acoustically.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:32 am

I've talked today with the AD's office. Discussed the issues using the scoreboard with App State and arrows to respective sides likethePanthers and getting the Band to play Buglers Dream again at kickoffs along with suggestion of "Go App State' at kickoff ( and getting rid of the a@@hole cheer by involving the band). It will be discussed at a meeting today/tomorrow.

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:34 am

The issue as many have said is that many students are anti-establishment and will do the exact opposite of what the athletic department will say.

Quite frankly I did not hear it on Saturday and I sit in 203 row J. If anything at least it's not as loud.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:38 am

How is it that a student body that has been raised with teachers for 12-16 years telling them to NOT bully and to be Fair think its ok to chant those words.
Our educational system is a failure and the university has done very little to curb this verbal abuse.
PBRhat guy should be 100% behind me on my comment.
Its stupid and should be stopped by the frats and sororities and any other campus group that is involved..

I just want my cups with ice. If the other team doesn't score we don't have to worry about the chant so i blame the defense !

Note my sarcasm inserted throughout this post but some things are serious.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:00 am

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:38 am
How is it that a student body that has been raised with teachers for 12-16 years telling them to NOT bully and to be Fair think its ok to chant those words.
Our educational system is a failure and the university has done very little to curb this verbal abuse.
PBRhat guy should be 100% behind me on my comment.
Its stupid and should be stopped by the frats and sororities and any other campus group that is involved..

I just want my cups with ice. If the other team doesn't score we don't have to worry about the chant so i blame the defense !

Note my sarcasm inserted throughout this post but some things are serious.
Perhaps we can get an ice vendor separate from the concessions, charge a dollar per cup of ice.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:30 am

I have been to college sports venues in the past where a sheet of paper was handed out at the gate/door that had the fight song lyrics, instructions on what to do on offense (Be quiet)/defense (Be loud as hell), etc. Would this be a reasonable option going forward? Maybe not this season, but starting next season. Get the students involved too. We want a more appropriate and traditional saying at kickoff, vote on the following four options. Once voted on it is then added to the paper handed out which would also include other grievances we've had on here about crowd involvement, digging deep into the traditional methods we've gone away from in recent years. I think it's an inexpensive way to get more involvement and people on the same page with some of these things. Would only have to be done for a season or two before it would stick and become the norm. Thoughts? Enough support and I will share this idea with DG via e-mail.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:37 am

Hasn't everyone been saying "Kick Ass!" in our fight song instead of "win Apps" for eternity or do I just hear it wrong?

97APP

Unread post by 97APP » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:38 am

If we're looking at traditions at other schools to emulate, I suggest Texas A&M yell practice. Use the Student Yosef Club to run it and elect a Yell leader. This way it can lead to a pretty cool "new tradition" and it would be student ran instead of the "man" trying to keep the kids under control. See:

https://www.tamu.edu/traditions/gameday/midnight-yell/

and

Today I Give My All for Appalachian State

JerryJerryJerry

Unread post by JerryJerryJerry » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:46 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:30 am
I have been to college sports venues in the past where a sheet of paper was handed out at the gate/door that had the fight song lyrics, instructions on what to do on offense (Be quiet)/defense (Be loud as hell), etc. Would this be a reasonable option going forward? Maybe not this season, but starting next season. Get the students involved too. We want a more appropriate and traditional saying at kickoff, vote on the following four options. Once voted on it is then added to the paper handed out which would also include other grievances we've had on here about crowd involvement, digging deep into the traditional methods we've gone away from in recent years. I think it's an inexpensive way to get more involvement and people on the same page with some of these things. Would only have to be done for a season or two before it would stick and become the norm. Thoughts? Enough support and I will share this idea with DG via e-mail.
This is by far the most productive thing to come out of this thread. I think it's a fantastic idea and if you need any help in execution, please reach out. I'd be glad to help.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:17 pm

Stencil it on the seats....oh wait the students stand on those. Lol can't tell you how many times I almost died trying to balance on those bleachers.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:24 pm

I don't think this will make anyone on either side feel any more validated or invalidated in their passionate opinion, but I never hear the "cheer". Its likely due to the fact I'm not trying to hear it. I sit on the east side. I do miss bugler's dream, something I could hear.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:31 pm

I also miss the imperial march

J_Mountaineers

Unread post by J_Mountaineers » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:40 pm

I like the "App State" chant using the scoreboard for arrows, but I'll add this: From here on out, when we are up, it should be a "Rank App State" chant.

Lavar Ball: "You just gotta speak it into existence."

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:14 pm

97APP wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:38 am
If we're looking at traditions at other schools to emulate, I suggest Texas A&M yell practice. Use the Student Yosef Club to run it and elect a Yell leader. This way it can lead to a pretty cool "new tradition" and it would be student ran instead of the "man" trying to keep the kids under control. See:
This would be my vote and would likely get the students to buy in if App were to follow suit. However, I don't think it could be done at midnight since Boone has a noise ordinance starting at 11p. :mrgreen:
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:13 pm

Mic the cheerleaders and have them lead all chants. I'm looking at the game on the field not arrows on the scoreboard.
Bring Your A Game!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:08 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:13 pm
Mic the cheerleaders and have them lead all chants. I'm looking at the game on the field not arrows on the scoreboard.
It’s not a problem for 70,000 Panthers fans!

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:25 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:30 am
Make the paper bio-degradable and Everts will jump in with both feet.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”