Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Showing grace for YC

APPARJ
School: Appalachian State

Showing grace for YC

Unread post by APPARJ » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:15 pm

I've seen dozens of tweets, PMs, DMs, and posts about the later donor gifts from YC.

Make no mistake, this is a sloppy situation and YC should've never let it happen regardless of employee turnover in late spring.

That said, college athletics - like many other industries - is a fairweather fan business. We love YC when we win, when the tickets are on time, when the ticket designs look great, and the giant scoreboard is finished in time. But for all the joy that App State sports brings ALL of us, it seems like we (myself included) show zero mercy when something goes wrong.

This situation reminds me of when people were booing Michael Rubino for doing a terrible job. He knew he sucked, we knew he sucked, the team knew he sucked. Booing him did nothing but make him feel worse and therefore made it unlikely that he would improve. We aren't wrong for being pissed that Rubino was costing us points. But we also weren't helping our own cause by making him feel worse.

I would like to offer a simple suggestion, let's collectively just write off this year's ticket packet and donor gift situation as a relative failure. Yes, we'll get our stuff in the mail super late. Even the ones that don't receive their stuff in the mail will almost certain be able to have gear sent to them if they speak with the ADept.

Even if it's been handled poorly and annoying in general, receiving gifts late is not that big of a deal in the GRAND scheme of things. If we all show grace to DG and the rest of the staff I believe it will send a positive signal that will further show that we're a fan base worth working hard to please.

Regardless, it's great to be a Mountaineer!
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

NoLongerLurking

Re: Showing grace for YC

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:19 pm

Just wow.

drcoley79

Unread post by drcoley79 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:25 pm

Well said. Thank you.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:28 pm

My opinion, totally unnecessary post.
Bring Your A Game!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:07 pm

I’m just happy , and grateful , for being a part of APPALACHIAN experiencing and enjoying what some of us worked very hard to achieve.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:37 pm

I don’t think anyone is going to pull their donations over a goof up. At the same time as a donor it is my duty to make Yosef aware of the poor handling of this. If you don’t how do they know to fix it?

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:05 am

late is tolerable. Sending stuff half way packed is not.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:55 am

....When people get in their feelings about people getting in their feelings on a message board.

As negative as it may come across to you, I am certain the Yosef Club would welcome any and all feedback. In fact, when I have called in the past, I expressed some issues I had with various things, most notably them messing up my monthly payments causing me to get behind on my pledged amount. Within two days I received a phone call back to discuss things further. The issue was resolved, and I was even sent a vehicle decal. It was a WHITE block A, so their apology was more than accepted.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

dp42828

Unread post by dp42828 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:25 am

Well said AJ. Stuff happens. Timelines on some of this stuff is LONG because lots of gifts are made over seas. I've used similar vendors. While we would all love our AD gifts on time, it's not the end of the world.

BTW - Look at all the threads on here...every "negative" thread is pretty much a non-essential to having a good football team :) THAT is a good "problem" to have!
David
2004 Marketing & Management Grad

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:39 am

It's actually kind of great that the late YC gift stuff and tickets, and the ice issue at the stadium, are the biggest things that people can complain about. We've got a great athletic department and Doug is doing a great job. The Yosef Club stuff is just a blip and they had to deal with construction issues in the Stadium Lot for the ticket deliveries. I appreciate the YC club and have only had positive experiences with anyone I've dealt with there.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”