Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ESPN+

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: ESPN+

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:31 am

I watched a few highlights a few hours later and the color was correct. Whatever it is, it must be starting at the internet transmission stage or a slow connection on the user side is dropping some info that messes up the color on those devices.

If everyone is getting the same bad colors I would think it is on the production side in the stadium. If some have correct colors and some have others do not have correct colors and the colors are different for each laptop then that would suggest it is on the receiving side or something going on with ESPN’s servers and bandwidth there. I think it is an issue past the App State stage personally.

When internet transmissions first started over a decade ago creating a ticket sent the concern to App and for me it generally meant an email from David Jackson some of the time as a response. I assume then all the hardware was in Boone and bandwidth issues was due to App State limits and Neulion had no real part to play beyond the software/hardware sold to App. In other words Neulion did not have a set of servers themselves pushing the data out to the internet. At one time I thought it was App>Neulion>internet but I think it was App (with Neulion software/hardware)>internet. Now with ESPN I just don’t see anything except App>ESPN>internet unless it is App>internet for the live productions and ESPN is just getting a feed they are saving on their servers for the replays. But if that is the case and the problem is with App then even the replays would have the same color problems.

If there is a ticket button for customer service I would suggest using that. It will either go to ESPN or App. Someone is in charge of this and it will eventually get to the right person.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:35 pm

Ya'll claim you love the gold, then complain when the picture is tinted gold. :P

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:26 pm

I'm also on the bandwagon of no love for ESPN+ thus far. I've spent an hour sitting at the desktop trying to find the replay from yesterday's game with no luck. What am I missing?

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:30 pm

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:32 pm

This is on the computer since you said you were at your desktop.

Log into ESPN+ page.... click second toolbar down (Schedules and Replays)...third button over on next page (Replay)...right under the buttons is a calendar. Select the date and scroll down to NCAA football. Games are listed by visiting team first.

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=127 ... 0f8175ad77

Charlotte game is still there is you select the 8th.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:33 pm

Guess we have both a video and written tutorial now. Sorry T. Was typing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”