Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

"I'm glad to be getting back to someone throwing the ball," Blake Anderson, today

NattyBumppo'sRevenge
School: Appalachian State

Re: "I'm glad to be getting back to someone throwing the ball," Blake Anderson, today

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:21 am

I'm hoping he says he's looking forward to getting back to a one dimensional running team after playing us. I hope that the only way you'll be able to tell the difference between this game and the GW game is the broadcast quality.

Rick83

Re: "I'm glad to be getting back to someone throwing the ball," Blake Anderson, today

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:55 pm

On Appstatesports.com today:
BOONE, N.C. — Appalachian State's rushing average is anything but pedestrian.

With the offensive line, tight ends and receivers blocking for App State's running backs and quarterbacks, the Mountaineers rank No. 2 nationally at 6.5 yards per carry. Only Memphis, at 7.3 yards, is ahead of Appalachian.

Individual success is part of the bigger picture, as running backs Jalin Moore, D'Andre Hicks, Marcus Williams Jr. and Darrynton Evans are all averaging at least 6.6 yards per carry. Moore has rushed for 242 yards on 27 attempts in his last four quarters of work — he had 119 yards in one quarter against Gardner-Webb and 123 yards in three quarters against South Alabama — to increase his season average to 6.6 yards per carry, a mark that ranks 20th nationally in the official NCAA statistics. Hicks leads the running backs with an 8.5 average on 21 attempts.

In addition to the four backs, quarterback Zac Thomas is averaging 4.8 yards (with sacks included), and true freshman running back Camerun Peoples averaged 5.9 yards in his App State debut against Gardner-Webb.

Yeah...so stAte won't have to worry about defending the run against us...

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:36 pm

I guess our game at Arky State will be the first Tuesday night football game of the year for college football.?. I was hoping there would be a game on tonight, but I cannot find one any where.
Give Em Hell!!

jm18668

Unread post by jm18668 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:37 am

I can relate to his frustration. I hated playing 3 Triple-Option teams when we were in the SoCon. First game, your guys get embarrassed. They see the mistakes they make on film, and think they have it together for the second game. Nope, they make the same mistakes again and see it on film, and finally by the third game, they're doing it right.
Brad Manning '99
Raleigh, NC

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:03 pm

I saw somewhere, maybe on this thread, where Arky State had allowed close to 900 more rushing yards than App this season. That will not bode well for them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”