Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Raley trash - spots 70s-80s

Snwbrdro

Raley trash - spots 70s-80s

Unread post by Snwbrdro » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:26 pm

To anyone that parks in raley lot:

It was Embarrassing at how the bottom of raley lot was left, particularly spots 70-80s. Mostly students i know but someone pays for those numbered spots and to leave that much trash is ridiculous. Me and my 5 yr old son left at 4th qtr and two parking isles of the bottom of raley had so much trash and cans you wouldn’t be able to walk through it if you wanted to. School staff, I assume Was picking it up. My 5 yr old said , don’t they know how to throw trash away! How does a 5 yr old know that and students of our university don’t or won’t. I park at the top of raley and I can And will drink with the best of them but I also Have some respect and can throw my trash away. Anyone that has any ties to Yosef or the alumni association needs to make them aware. I’ll be contacting both if i can get to the correct person. This is a terrible image for the school and piss poor use of our funds to clean up someone else’s mess. I know You can’t stop the students that walk up to these spots but you can fine or revoke parking privileges of the people that park in those spots. Spots were in between the 70s and 80s .

DaphneUrquhart
School: Appalachian State

Re: Raley trash - spots 70s-80s

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:10 pm

I saw some of the same in the stadium lot ... except the trash was left by folks who appeared to be younger alumni and friends. Additionally, while they were tailgating, they were blaring music that had decidedly non-family friendly lyrics. I was shocked when I came out after the game at the amount of trash in the lot. I can't fathom why folks didn't use the free trash and recycle bags available to them.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:30 pm

Homecoming one & done’s...different crowd and mindset than the usual scene... videos circulating of the table crashing nonsense in Raley was ridiculous also...

Snwbrdro

Unread post by Snwbrdro » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:40 pm

Wish that were true. I stopped and talked to the 3 nice cops watching the staff clean up and they said worse the week before for GW. There’s video of the table crashing from GW as well. Which if that’s what they want to do, buy a table and crash it. That’s there choice, but buy a trash bag while at Walmart picking out your table to break and throw your trash away! I have a feeling it will be the same in two weeks.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:14 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:10 pm
I saw some of the same in the stadium lot ... except the trash was left by folks who appeared to be younger alumni and friends. Additionally, while they were tailgating, they were blaring music that had decidedly non-family friendly lyrics. I was shocked when I came out after the game at the amount of trash in the lot. I can't fathom why folks didn't use the free trash and recycle bags available to them.
Security/ASU Police should not allow profane lyrics period.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:55 am

Would it be possible to remove parking privileges for those that leave a mess? I get that it may not be the person who has the rights to the spot that is doing it, but it would set an expectation of accountability. I know that some teams will revoke season ticket holders for behavior in the stadium. Heck, the Tampa Bay Lightening revoke season tickets if you allow someone from the visiting team use your seats.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:14 am

Unfortunately I don't think this problem will get any better. Thanks to social media, namely the "oldrow" brand, trends fly through at record pace and the goal is to one up every other school with the antics. I saw a huge difference in Raley tailgating from when I was a student in the early 2010's to when I went last year, namely the fact that I saw beer pong, flip cup, gigantic tents, etc. I'm not sure if the rules changed or if they just aren't enforcing them anymore, but I know there was a rule that specifically stated "no games shall be played that have a goal of accelerated alcohol consumption"

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:49 am

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:14 am
Unfortunately I don't think this problem will get any better. Thanks to social media, namely the "oldrow" brand, trends fly through at record pace and the goal is to one up every other school with the antics. I saw a huge difference in Raley tailgating from when I was a student in the early 2010's to when I went last year, namely the fact that I saw beer pong, flip cup, gigantic tents, etc. I'm not sure if the rules changed or if they just aren't enforcing them anymore, but I know there was a rule that specifically stated "no games shall be played that have a goal of accelerated alcohol consumption"
That was all pretty common when I was in the thick of Raley during 2009-2013 and things never really got out of hand.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:57 am

I remember the days when campus police would tackle you if you walked across Duck Pond Field with a bottle of Pepsi.

jm18668

Unread post by jm18668 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:15 am

At some point last year they stopped passing bags out, or ran out at the entrance to Duncan. There were groups with “Sustain Appalachian” shirts that would bring them by, but I didn’t see anyone on Saturday. Giving bags to every car that comes in would go a long way, it’s not going to fix the problem, but it’s a start.
Brad Manning '99
Raleigh, NC

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:36 am

jm18668 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:15 am
At some point last year they stopped passing bags out, or ran out at the entrance to Duncan. There were groups with “Sustain Appalachian” shirts that would bring them by, but I didn’t see anyone on Saturday. Giving bags to every car that comes in would go a long way, it’s not going to fix the problem, but it’s a start.
They did that in rivers street all last year and at the G-W game this year. Didn't get one vs USA. Might have missed them, but I don't think the majority got one.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:50 am

I'm not ok with throwing cans on the ground. I'm totally ok with beer consumption games, table jumping, loud profane music, and general rowdiness.

I was a Raley-tailgating student from 07-11. We did some rowdy stuff out there, but these kids are taking it up a notch and I'm happy they are. It's awesome. I'm glad Boone PD/ALE aren't derailing the entire scene by relentlessly handing out citations to students, giving them criminal records and taking money they don't have. I'm glad Barstool is glorifying these behaviors because I want them to escalate and continue.

The student tailgate in 2018 is the best it's ever been. I'm proud of that. But I do wish they'd clean up after themselves.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:51 am

GregPercussion wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:36 am
jm18668 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:15 am
They did that in rivers street all last year and at the G-W game this year. Didn't get one vs USA. Might have missed them, but I don't think the majority got one.
They came by the far end of Raley, across from Walker, earlier in the day.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:57 am

YesAppCan wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:14 am
DaphneUrquhart wrote:

diehardapp18

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:31 pm

YesAppCan wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:14 am
DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Good idea if you want to kill us from a recruiting standpoint.

LKN_Lawyer

Unread post by LKN_Lawyer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:48 pm

I remember the lifeguard stand tailgate party days in Raley circa 2005-07. The good ol' days when you could crack a beer as soon as you wanted.

wb247

Unread post by wb247 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:56 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:50 am
The student tailgate in 2018 is the best it's ever been. I'm proud of that. But I do wish they'd clean up after themselves.
Yup.

NeersBy90

Unread post by NeersBy90 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:07 am

Gonzo wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:50 am
I'm not ok with throwing cans on the ground. I'm totally ok with beer consumption games, table jumping, loud profane music, and general rowdiness.

I was a Raley-tailgating student from 07-11. We did some rowdy stuff out there, but these kids are taking it up a notch and I'm happy they are. It's awesome. I'm glad Boone PD/ALE aren't derailing the entire scene by relentlessly handing out citations to students, giving them criminal records and taking money they don't have. I'm glad Barstool is glorifying these behaviors because I want them to escalate and continue.

Couldn't agree more Gonzo. Bring on the antics, but clean up after Yosef. I still enjoy shotgunning beers and spiking the can at tailgates, but they're always picked up after.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”