Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Arkansas State

MountaineerChemist10
School: Appalachian State

Arkansas State

Unread post by MountaineerChemist10 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:53 am

I was a bit curious, so I paid a visit to their post thread (https://247sports.com/college/arkansas- ... en-105452/). Despite still talking trash about us, a lot of their fans are already predicting a blow out by us. Have lots of respect for Satterfield & Jalin Moore especially.

However, they still hate our guts. Dilly Dilly!

Yosefus

Re: Arkansas State

Unread post by Yosefus » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:12 pm

Dilly! Dilly!

nomadb

Unread post by nomadb » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:44 pm

I'll be honest....I'm a little disappointed that they are not more confident than what is showing on that fan message board. It's a lot more fun to watch them ride the spiral of disappointment after we wood-shed them on their own field. As is, they will just have a bunch of "told you we sucked" threads instead of "what happened?!! App isn't that good!!!".

You can still count on the "We have superior talent" threads, though.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:51 pm

thanks for the link...reading these comments is awesome. This one's my favorite so far:

App State is a joke! We will surely cream them!

Sure, Satterfield has won 30 games in three years but does he have a catchy alliterative slogan? Nope, score one for Faith, Family and Fun!

Yes, Satterfield has won back to back titles and three consecutive bowl games, big deal. How many hours do his assistants have to work to produce those results? Probably more than 35! Half day Fridays for the win!

I checked his wiki page and see that he has a .848 winning percentage in Sun Belt play. That's nice and all, but I didn't see anything about what church he goes to or him being "a really good guy." I bet he's even working on the sabbath!

Okay, Satterfield has his team ranked in the top 25 in scoring offense, total offense, scoring defense, total defense, rushing offense, rushing defense, and passing defense while replacing 4 year starter Taylor Lamb at QB - that sounds good "on paper." But is he doing all of this with a team as inexperienced as us? I mean, we only have 9 scholarship players!!! It takes 6 to 7 years to dig out of 4 coaches in 4 years!!

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Dang, we're a confident bunch! Did anybody stick around for the first 10 minutes of the third quarter on Saturday? I know the outcome was settled, but if we play like that again, it'll be us who gets boat-raced.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:40 pm

Believe a lot of that is sarcasm.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:43 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:51 pm
thanks for the link...reading these comments is awesome. This one's my favorite so far:

Sure, Satterfield has won 30 games in three years but does he have a catchy alliterative slogan? Nope, score one for Faith, Family and Fun!

Yes, Satterfield has won back to back titles and three consecutive bowl games, big deal. How many hours do his assistants have to work to produce those results? Probably more than 35! Half day Fridays for the win!

I checked his wiki page and see that he has a .848 winning percentage in Sun Belt play. That's nice and all, but I didn't see anything about what church he goes to or him being "a really good guy." I bet he's even working on the sabbath!

Okay, Satterfield has his team ranked in the top 25 in scoring offense, total offense, scoring defense, total defense, rushing offense, rushing defense, and passing defense while replacing 4 year starter Taylor Lamb at QB - that sounds good "on paper." But is he doing all of this with a team as inexperienced as us? I mean, we only have 9 scholarship players!!! It takes 6 to 7 years to dig out of 4 coaches in 4 years!!
To me, that one read more like a sarcastic App fan's post..

Also, why do they hate us so much?

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:44 pm

biggie wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:40 pm
Yeah, I understood the point behind Rick's post. It's the other folks who think we'll win just by showing up.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:51 pm

Part of me wants us to get outcoached, yet win by virtue of having better athletes at every position.

Of course that’s not going to happen because our coaches are better than theirs too.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:05 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:55 pm
Dang, we're a confident bunch! Did anybody stick around for the first 10 minutes of the third quarter on Saturday? I know the outcome was settled, but if we play like that again, it'll be us who gets boat-raced.
I believe SS said either postgame or last night on Mountaineer Talk that He called that quarter different than he had all season (not as “safe”). He pushed ZT and purposely called plays that put him in uncomfortable positions to see how he would react. It was a humbling moment for ZT and will be valuable to ZT’s development.

nomadb

Unread post by nomadb » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:16 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:44 pm
biggie wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:40 pm
Yeah, I understood the point behind Rick's post. It's the other folks who think we'll win just by showing up.
What makes you think anyone believes we will win "just by showing up"?

I'm confident in our team because our coaching is better and we have an incredibly diverse offense along with a stingy defense. I think our guys will come to play. I think many of them will remember getting their teeth kicked in 2 years ago when stAte came to Boone.

It's ok to have some confidence in your team

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:30 pm

Had to pull away and do some actual work but from the posts I've read on their board so far, including the sarcastic one I copied and posted above, they almost want to lose so they can get rid of Anderson. Here's another one of their comments about how they feel about their program:

stAte sucks and APP is our daddy until we prove otherwise next week . . .

The GSU loss has really burned their fan base, at least as far as these posters on their board demonstrate.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:36 pm

AppDawg wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:05 pm
AppGrad78 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:55 pm
I believe SS said either postgame or last night on Mountaineer Talk that He called that quarter different than he had all season (not as “safe”). He pushed ZT and purposely called plays that put him in uncomfortable positions to see how he would react. It was a humbling moment for ZT and will be valuable to ZT’s development.
Only 1 INT in 3rd was truly on him, one should have been Def pass interference.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:39 pm

app97 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:43 pm
Rick83 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:51 pm

To me, that one read more like a sarcastic App fan's post..

Also, why do they hate us so much?
I suspect they hate us because they have been top dog in the league in recent history, either champions, co-champions or contenders and the last 2 years we've gotten in the way. And right now, we're looking stronger than they are, so this year might be a bust again for them. There's a lot of football to play though.
Regarding you comment about how it looks like a sarcastic App fan posting...I was thrown at first by seeing so many ASU's in their screen names...and then I connected the dots.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:01 pm

I hate to deprive Georgia Southern of this title, but Ark State is the worst fan base in the Belt. Not just from online idiocy or treating our fans badly per se, but the way they react internally when things don't go well from time to time. Petulant and entitled. Almost as bad as UNC Charlotte.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:19 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:30 pm
Had to pull away and do some actual work but from the posts I've read on their board so far, including the sarcastic one I copied and posted above, they almost want to lose so they can get rid of Anderson. Here's another one of their comments about how they feel about their program:

stAte sucks and APP is our daddy until we prove otherwise next week . . .

The GSU loss has really burned their fan base, at least as far as these posters on their board demonstrate.
Sorry...I just got a kick out of this one as a follow up to the "daddy" quote:

Well technically, Toledo is our daddy. App owned them twice so they're our granddaddy.

asuato
School: Arkansas State

Unread post by asuato » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:12 pm

As a stAte fan and alum, those posts quoted are just a very few who thing like that. I don't and have never hated App. It's always a good competitive game and I expect the same Tuesday night. Many of us just aren't sure what to think right now after losing to GS. But many on our board hold App in high respect and we better put our big boy underwear on or it will be a long night.

asuato
School: Arkansas State

Unread post by asuato » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:34 am

Well as a stAte fan and alum, I will say don't take what was reposted from our forum as what all ASU fans think. Simply not true. Most of us do not "hate" App...in fact we like the game when it happens as it is usually a good matchup regardless of who wins or loses, and most of us respect what App has done for their program and the conference. Yeah there were a lot of upset fans after the GSU game as it was one we probably should have won, but we lost...and the sun still came up the next day. Anyone planning on coming to Jtown Tuesday?

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:22 am

asuato wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:34 am
Well as a stAte fan and alum, I will say don't take what was reposted from our forum as what all ASU fans think. Simply not true. Most of us do not "hate" App...in fact we like the game when it happens as it is usually a good matchup regardless of who wins or loses, and most of us respect what App has done for their program and the conference. Yeah there were a lot of upset fans after the GSU game as it was one we probably should have won, but we lost...and the sun still came up the next day. Anyone planning on coming to Jtown Tuesday?
I will be driving into town with a friend next Tuesday afternoon. Looking forward to a good game and time.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:30 am

I’ve got it. UNCC is moving down to FCS, CUSA offered us the spot. We told them to shove it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”