Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Arkansas State

MountaineerChemist10
School: Appalachian State

Re: Arkansas State

Unread post by MountaineerChemist10 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:32 am

asuato wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:34 am
Well as a stAte fan and alum, I will say don't take what was reposted from our forum as what all ASU fans think. Simply not true. Most of us do not "hate" App...in fact we like the game when it happens as it is usually a good matchup regardless of who wins or loses, and most of us respect what App has done for their program and the conference. Yeah there were a lot of upset fans after the GSU game as it was one we probably should have won, but we lost...and the sun still came up the next day. Anyone planning on coming to Jtown Tuesday?
Good to see some state fans have class & respect. I always look forward to playing you guys and/or Troy. I won't be coming this year but perhaps the next time we play in J-town. I always love to attend primetime games, weeknight or weekend.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:45 am

app97 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:43 pm
Rick83 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:51 pm
thanks for the link...reading these comments is awesome. This one's my favorite so far:

App State is a joke! We will surely cream them!

Sure, Satterfield has won 30 games in three years but does he have a catchy alliterative slogan? Nope, score one for Faith, Family and Fun!

Yes, Satterfield has won back to back titles and three consecutive bowl games, big deal. How many hours do his assistants have to work to produce those results? Probably more than 35! Half day Fridays for the win!

I checked his wiki page and see that he has a .848 winning percentage in Sun Belt play. That's nice and all, but I didn't see anything about what church he goes to or him being "a really good guy." I bet he's even working on the sabbath!

Okay, Satterfield has his team ranked in the top 25 in scoring offense, total offense, scoring defense, total defense, rushing offense, rushing defense, and passing defense while replacing 4 year starter Taylor Lamb at QB - that sounds good "on paper." But is he doing all of this with a team as inexperienced as us? I mean, we only have 9 scholarship players!!! It takes 6 to 7 years to dig out of 4 coaches in 4 years!!
To me, that one read more like a sarcastic App fan's post..

Also, why do they hate us so much?
Why hate us is simple: they were the big dog in the conference until we showed up and they see us as a threat, as they should.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:56 am

If we make it to the Conference Playoff Game, it will be pushed back to December 8th in order to reschedule the Southern Miss Game. Otherwise, we will play them on December 1st. How's that for a guess coming from right center field?

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:06 am

Is it Arky State or Arkie State ?

MountaineerChemist10

Unread post by MountaineerChemist10 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:39 am

WataugaMan wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:56 am
If we make it to the Conference Playoff Game, it will be pushed back to December 8th in order to reschedule the Southern Miss Game. Otherwise, we will play them on December 1st. How's that for a guess coming from right center field?
That was my guess at first. Unfortunately, there won't be a rescheduled game at all:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... escheduled

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:10 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:06 am
Is it Arky State or Arkie State ?
R-kee

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:14 pm

It's Razorbacks IIRC.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:45 pm

According to the podcast that hate Ark St the worst.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:02 pm

Worse fans than The Stink? Gonzo, are you thinking straight? The fans in Statesboro are the most foul-mouthed, kid bullying, car smashing, mouthiest bunch I've ever experienced - down there. That said, I've never been to Arky State.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:22 am

Apparently Arky fans were tweeting Arky players and coaches about how much they suck while melting down post-GS loss. Head coach Blake Anderson is responding in kind, offering to meet those critical fans to "discuss things" late night. :?

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas- ... 122693097/

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:14 am

We're getting ready to throw some turpentine on that dumpster fire in Jonesboro.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:35 am

Hopefully ArkSt isn't able to use all the uproar to the GS loss to their advantage. Playing at their place on a Tuesday night after an unexpected loss kind of puts their backs to the wall a bit. Since the PSU game App has done the expected and boat raced 3 inferior opponents, 2 at home and the other might as well have been at home. This is a different challenge and one I expect App to rise to....but it ain't automatic and it ain't gonna be easy.

Go Apps!!!

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:54 am

SpeedkingATL wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:35 am
Hopefully ArkSt isn't able to use all the uproar to the GS loss to their advantage. Playing at their place on a Tuesday night after an unexpected loss kind of puts their backs to the wall a bit. Since the PSU game App has done the expected and boat raced 3 inferior opponents, 2 at home and the other might as well have been at home. This is a different challenge and one I expect App to rise to....but it ain't automatic and it ain't gonna be easy.

Go Apps!!!
True! Also, watched Troy last night and they look really good.

App90

Unread post by App90 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:09 am

The last time I went to Arkansas State we were treated with respect and the fans were rowdy but not obnoxious. Cant say that when I go to "The Stink....". This game will be fun to watch. And calling them Ark State guys is like calling us Appy State. They have been on top of the Sun Belt for along time prior to ASU's two year run with Troy and them.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:07 am

sixtoes9134 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:54 am
SpeedkingATL wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:35 am

Go Apps!!!
True! Also, watched Troy last night and they look really good.
Troy did look good and we will have our hands full.....................Hate the weekend we play them. Im doubtful

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:57 am

There are so many things wrong with this post on the Ark State board. It's by a Georgia Southern fan who had been posting on their board:

Nah, them hillbillies ain't nothing special. Georgia Southern has been there, done that and won our share of games throughout the years. Your at home, not the rock. Borrow a little Gata from us and put the goats to sleep. Hansen is the top rated QB in the belt. Put his skills to work and the mountaineers won't be able to protect their goats from the wolves. Get motivated damnit.

Reminds me of why we hate those guys from Gnatsboro...and "won our share of games throughout the years."...not any time recently!

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:08 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:57 am
There are so many things wrong with this post on the Ark State board. It's by a Georgia Southern fan who had been posting on their board:

Nah, them hillbillies ain't nothing special. Georgia Southern has been there, done that and won our share of games throughout the years. Your at home, not the rock. Borrow a little Gata from us and put the goats to sleep. Hansen is the top rated QB in the belt. Put his skills to work and the mountaineers won't be able to protect their goats from the wolves. Get motivated damnit.

Reminds me of why we hate those guys from Gnatsboro...and "won our share of games throughout the years."...not any time recently!
I guess 4 out of the last 15 is a measure of success for the Eagles.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:14 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:57 am

Hansen is 5th rated in the conference. He's been sacked the 3rd most at 14 times. He does lead in TD passes, however, I don't think he accounts for many rushing TD's as he's one dimensional. I've always thought we do better against those kinds of QBs

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:34 pm

Sounds like some of their fans are going Vigilante. If we blow them out they may burn down Jonesboro and storm the Castle with pitch forks and torches

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:41 pm

Arkansas State can get yards but have a problem getting points. They sputtered repeatedly in "no man's land" in Statesboro, where it was too far for a FG and too close to punt.

Hansen put the team on his back late in the game by scrambling for yards and is someone to watch out for.

stAte also have the biggest offensive line in the conference, but have been giving up sacks. App isn't a big sack team, but there's been a lot of TFL's.

Also, stAte will likely throw out the gadget plays if they feel desperate. But that can work both ways.

The crazy thing is that even at 0-2 in league after Tuesday, stAte will probably still be the favorite in the west division.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”