Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Arkansas State

bigdaddyg
School: Appalachian State

Re: Arkansas State

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:42 pm

I rate the league as:

1.App
2.Troy
3.GSU/Arky

4-bottom- terrible

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:59 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:14 pm
Rick83 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:57 am
There are so many things wrong with this post on the Ark State board. It's by a Georgia Southern fan who had been posting on their board:

Nah, them hillbillies ain't nothing special. Georgia Southern has been there, done that and won our share of games throughout the years. Your at home, not the rock. Borrow a little Gata from us and put the goats to sleep. Hansen is the top rated QB in the belt. Put his skills to work and the mountaineers won't be able to protect their goats from the wolves. Get motivated damnit.

Reminds me of why we hate those guys from Gnatsboro...and "won our share of games throughout the years."...not any time recently!
Hansen is 5th rated in the conference. He's been sacked the 3rd most at 14 times. He does lead in TD passes, however, I don't think he accounts for many rushing TD's as he's one dimensional. I've always thought we do better against those kinds of QBs
Not sure where you get the idea he's one dimensional. He definitely can hurt you with his feet. Also, he's thrown fewer INTs than Zac. He has been sacked a lot as they have an inexperienced OL. Conversely, on defense they have sacked their share of QBs. I don't think we should let the GA Southern loss fool us.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:27 pm

Ark State - Anderson and Faulkner presser.

http://www.kait8.com/2018/10/04/red-wol ... ian-state/
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:33 pm

hapapp wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:59 pm
Rick83 wrote:
There are so many things wrong with this post on the Ark State board. It's by a Georgia Southern fan who had been posting on their board:

Nah, them hillbillies ain't nothing special. Georgia Southern has been there, done that and won our share of games throughout the years. Your at home, not the rock. Borrow a little Gata from us and put the goats to sleep. Hansen is the top rated QB in the belt. Put his skills to work and the mountaineers won't be able to protect their goats from the wolves. Get motivated damnit.

Reminds me of why we hate those guys from Gnatsboro...and "won our share of games throughout the years."...not any time recently!
Hansen is 5th rated in the conference. He's been sacked the 3rd most at 14 times. He does lead in TD passes, however, I don't think he accounts for many rushing TD's as he's one dimensional. I've always thought we do better against those kinds of QBs
Not sure where you get the idea he's one dimensional. He definitely can hurt you with his feet. Also, he's thrown fewer INTs than Zac. He has been sacked a lot as they have an inexperienced OL. Conversely, on defense they have sacked their share of QBs. I don't think we should let the GA Southern loss fool us.
Against UNLV, outside of 1 rush for 31 yards, he rushed 12 times for 4 yards. Against GaSo, outside of a 16 yard run, he rushed 15 times for 24 yards. Perhaps these stats are taking into account all the sacks. He got sacked 3 times against UNLV and 6 times vs. GaSo. He might not be a statue, but he's not gonna bust out a 54 yard TD scramble. His longest run in 3 years is 38 yards. Zac exceeded that in his 4th game.

appgrad2010

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:36 pm

Wonder what town/city and hotel property App stays at for the game?

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:59 pm

appgrad2010 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:36 pm
Wonder what town/city and hotel property App stays at for the game?
Memphis.

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:44 pm

hapapp wrote:
I disagree. I watched a lot of the GaSo/Ark.StAte game. He looked like a drop-back passer to me & ran only when the pocket collapsed. He has a cannon for an arm & throws cannonballs. Pretty one-dimensional, if you ask me. He is big and rambling, sort of like Ben Roethlisburger. He is not a svelte athlete who can evade our d-line or linebackers. Their o-line is going to be challenged (ALOT) by App's 3-4 defense & blitzkrieg schemes. I predict he's gonna be hurtin' after the game is over from all the hits he takes.

Not fooled. I think we win in a blow out.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:24 pm

Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:33 pm
hapapp wrote:
Rick83 wrote:

Against UNLV, outside of 1 rush for 31 yards, he rushed 12 times for 4 yards. Against GaSo, outside of a 16 yard run, he rushed 15 times for 24 yards. Perhaps these stats are taking into account all the sacks. He got sacked 3 times against UNLV and 6 times vs. GaSo. He might not be a statue, but he's not gonna bust out a 54 yard TD scramble. His longest run in 3 years is 38 yards. Zac exceeded that in his 4th game.
It may not say much but he is their leading rusher and has run for two TDs. He also has rushed per game the same yardage as Zac. He runs as often as Zac (11 per game v. 9). Their styles are different but he can be very effective when he runs. He may not break off a 70 yard jaunt but he can still hurt you.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:37 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:44 pm
hapapp wrote:
I disagree. I watched a lot of the GaSo/Ark.StAte game. He looked like a drop-back passer to me & ran only when the pocket collapsed. He has a cannon for an arm & throws cannonballs. Pretty one-dimensional, if you ask me. He is big and rambling, sort of like Ben Roethlisburger. He is not a svelte athlete who can evade our d-line or linebackers. Their o-line is going to be challenged (ALOT) by App's 3-4 defense & blitzkrieg schemes. I predict he's gonna be hurtin' after the game is over from all the hits he takes.

The challenge for us is to protect Zac and give him time to pass. StAte is second in the Belt in sacks and leads the conference in pass defense. On the other hand they rank at or near the bottom in rush offense and defense.

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:32 am

hapapp wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:37 pm
AppAlum1 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:44 pm
hapapp wrote:

The challenge for us is to protect Zac and give him time to pass. StAte is second in the Belt in sacks and leads the conference in pass defense. On the other hand they rank at or near the bottom in rush offense and defense.
Yes, I agree. I think their Coach said it best. They want to see a team that passes the ball. Why oblige? We would do well to run 70 percent of the time or more. Show us they can stop the run. Bring their D up into the box, whether they want to or not, and then throw it deep. That may not even be necessary.

ncman071

Unread post by ncman071 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:08 am

i predict we will win by 2 tds

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:34 am

If our Oline protects and punches holes we will be fine.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:29 am

ncman071 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:08 am
i predict we will win by 2 tds
At least

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:06 pm

App90 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:09 am
The last time I went to Arkansas State we were treated with respect and the fans were rowdy but not obnoxious. Cant say that when I go to "The Stink....". This game will be fun to watch. And calling them Ark State guys is like calling us Appy State. They have been on top of the Sun Belt for along time prior to ASU's two year run with Troy and them.
Yep, why call them Arky State when we fight the same battles as an in-state school. i hope we beat them by three touchdowns, then they turn their season around and win some games. We need as many strong programs in the Sun Belt as we can get.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:14 pm

Red Wolves Raw: Hansen, Bingham, Clifton, & Bayless after 10/6 practice. Another “Appalayshun”...time to teach them a lesson.

https://www.kait8.com/2018/10/06/red-wo ... -practice/
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

apexredwolf
School: Arkansas State

Unread post by apexredwolf » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:17 pm

Just had to interject about the one-dimensional comment on Hansen. He's far from a statue in the pocket and we do run a few called QB runs and zone read option.

Here can move for a big guy...2017 Highlights

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”