Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Ice in cups,Train whistle

asu1978

Ice in cups,Train whistle

Unread post by asu1978 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:34 pm

AD D.G. Says on pregame ,Ice in cups will stay,so will train whistle.He heard from us. :D

The Rock
School: Appalachian State

Re: Ice in cups,Train whistle

Unread post by The Rock » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:58 pm

Will the ice in cups still come from second line in tiny cups?

ASUGrad2014

Unread post by ASUGrad2014 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Doug said during pregame that there would be three ice stations at the game on the 20th.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:28 pm

What sense does that make??? Why not have them at the stands where you buy the drink? Why wait in line twice?
It makes no sense, but I suppose it’s better than none at all

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:02 pm

The Rock wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:28 pm
What sense does that make??? Why not have them at the stands where you buy the drink? Why wait in line twice?
It makes no sense, but I suppose it’s better than none at all
It looks as if the pooch is screwed for the remainder of this season, at least. My guess is all the fancy new coolers, any accompanying electrical work, etc. has taken up the little available space the previous ice makers occupied and the logistics just don't work for bringing them back into the actual concession areas in short order. I guess this is the best stop-gap the department could come up with, and that food services thought sensible. Food services...ugh. I think the only real win the remainder of this season would be souvenir cups - if we get that I think we need to consider ourselves lucky, unfortunately. The long game win would be a quick realization that food services don't have the slightest ability to pull this off. This game is VERY different than a tofu burger or gluten-sensitive menu in a controlled cafeteria environment. Hopefully, TPTB hasn't committed athletics to any long-term arrangements with food services that will not be able to be severed at the end of the academic year. Fingers crossed that come July 1 Compass or Sodexho or someone with a record of mass-service in athletics will be opening up an office somewhere around The Rock.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”