Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Jalin Moore

The Rock
School: Appalachian State

Re: Jalin Moore

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:02 pm

Marcus Williams Jr has been more than serviceable in my opinion. He is a strong runner. Obviously Im fine with peoples geeting play in 3 more games as allowed, but I wouldn't burn a shirt at this point with our other backs who seem capable thus far. I wonder what the update on Harrington is? I would love to see Moore taking a knee on our last snap of either our SB championship game or NY6 bowl game

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:10 pm

At least hope Moore get back to make it on the field for coin flips/etc.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:56 pm

If we are going to use Evans as a #1 back, he's a threat to run it back on a kickoff but not sure I agree with using him on kickoff receiving.
BLACK SATURDAY

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:57 pm

I would move Marcus Williams into that #1 spot and leave Darrynton in his current role, but I'm not a football coach.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:06 pm

NewApp wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:39 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:21 am
If you don’t know for sure don’t speculate!!!!!

Good advice, Rekdiver, but keep in mind a majority of posts on this board since its inception are speculation.
Speculate about everything...but when it comes to our injuries we should not.....

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:42 pm

I think the most of Jalin Moore as a player. Tremendous Team Leader, who gave his all last night just like he has every game he suited up to play. Prayers for his full recovery.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:59 am

AppGrad78 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:19 pm
Maybe we could replace the APP-STATE cheer with a JALIN-MOORE cheer when the team takes the field on the 20th. Seems appropriate for someone who gave his all for Appalachian.
Any thoughts on how we get the ball rolling on this? This will take an effort of the masses. Do we need to contact the cheerleaders to make placards to direct the fans when to start yelling? Do we need to contact DG to get his help? I think that this can be done at the end of the first quarter. Thoughts.

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:41 am

I’m guessing Jalin will be on the field for the coin toss. It’d be a neat tribute if it just organically happened then.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:45 am

Has there been any official information released about Jalin yet? Not that there's anything wrong with doing something at the next game but he could be recovering from surgery and not even in the stadium for the ULL game. Maybe plan to have some kind of special recognition at one of the two last (regular season) home games.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:38 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:59 am
AppGrad78 wrote:
Maybe we could replace the APP-STATE cheer with a JALIN-MOORE cheer when the team takes the field on the 20th. Seems appropriate for someone who gave his all for Appalachian.
Any thoughts on how we get the ball rolling on this? This will take an effort of the masses. Do we need to contact the cheerleaders to make placards to direct the fans when to start yelling? Do we need to contact DG to get his help? I think that this can be done at the end of the first quarter. Thoughts.
Lets see if someone with some clout can get the video board operator to do this....

West Side "Ja-lin", East side "Moore" arrows pointing respectively.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:19 am

Rick83 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:45 am
Has there been any official information released about Jalin yet?
Not yet.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:27 pm

This has been a weird couple of days. People I work with all know I'm a big App State fan and trust me they all knew we had a big game Tuesday night. They've all been like offering congratulations about the big win and my normally excited acknowledgement isn't so excited because I always reply, yeah a great game but we've probably lost Jalin for good. And I'm not down because it hurts our team's chances, I think we've got the depth and talent to compensate against our remaining opponents (bowl game could be an exception), but it's because he's worked so hard and, as far as I can tell, did all the right things. Even as he's on the ground and you have to believe in excruciating pain, he's scrambling to make sure he didn't fumble and even as he's being loaded onto the cart he's trying to inspire his teammates.
He's like the personification of our program. A kid who wasn't noticed or offered by many colleges, comes to Boone, after initial attitude issues starts listening to the coaches, had to play second fiddle behind a great player for two years but goes to work and then works some more. Worked himself into not just a great college running back but, a solid NFL prospect.
I hope he recovers fully from this injury so that he can attain the goal he's worked so hard for and selfishly, so we can watch him play on Sundays. What a great kid. Sorry, I just feel like I'm kind of like in mourning.

AppSt91

Unread post by AppSt91 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:50 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:27 pm
This has been a weird couple of days. People I work with all know I'm a big App State fan and trust me they all knew we had a big game Tuesday night. They've all been like offering congratulations about the big win and my normally excited acknowledgement isn't so excited because I always reply, yeah a great game but we've probably lost Jalin for good. And I'm not down because it hurts our team's chances, I think we've got the depth and talent to compensate against our remaining opponents (bowl game could be an exception), but it's because he's worked so hard and, as far as I can tell, did all the right things. Even as he's on the ground and you have to believe in excruciating pain, he's scrambling to make sure he didn't fumble and even as he's being loaded onto the cart he's trying to inspire his teammates.
He's like the personification of our program. A kid who wasn't noticed or offered by many colleges, comes to Boone, after initial attitude issues starts listening to the coaches, had to play second fiddle behind a great player for two years but goes to work and then works some more. Worked himself into not just a great college running back but, a solid NFL prospect.
I hope he recovers fully from this injury so that he can attain the goal he's worked so hard for and selfishly, so we can watch him play on Sundays. What a great kid. Sorry, I just feel like I'm kind of like in mourning.
Thinking the exact same thing. Thanks for posting.

GoBoone

Unread post by GoBoone » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:00 pm

Amen. We’re a better team because of him.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:17 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:06 pm
NewApp wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:

Good advice, Rekdiver, but keep in mind a majority of posts on this board since its inception are speculation.
Speculate about everything...but when it comes to our injuries we should not.....
I read that from you, but it's done ALL the time on here everyday almost. I, personally seldom do speculate on injuries. In fact, I'm totally against posting info on official and unofficial injury reports on this board. It just makes it faster and easier for our opponents to prepare plan for us and even key on injured players who are still getting some playing time.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Call me foolish, but I actually respect the privacy act and hipaa..... I care more about both than I do any silly game.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:27 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:17 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:06 pm
NewApp wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:

I read that from you, but it's done ALL the time on here everyday almost. I, personally seldom do speculate on injuries. In fact, I'm totally against posting info on official and unofficial injury reports on this board. It just makes it faster and easier for our opponents to prepare plan for us and even key on injured players who are still getting some playing time.
I agree with you, but we all saw the play and aftermath, maybe too many times thanks to ESPN. There is not much "guessing or speculation" needed. ULLs coach is not game planning for Moore this week.
The Appalachian State

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:01 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:59 am
AppGrad78 wrote:
Hey guys. I reached out to DG and he is on board with helping us get this rolling. He did mention that Jalin may not be on the sidelines for the ULLAF game. He wanted to know if we were OK with doing it for Ga State. Did we mention what a great AD we have?

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:44 am

If you have not seen it, Moonshine posted a great tribute idea for Jalin. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9000&start=100#p178878. He suggest making a $25 dollar donation to Strength and Conditioning to honor #25 giving his All for Appalachian. I would add that if you have the means you up it to $125 ($25 for each of the 5 years he has been a Mountaineer).

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:59 am

NoLongerLurking wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:20 pm
Call me foolish, but I actually respect the privacy act and hipaa..... I care more about both than I do any silly game.
Only think is HiPPA doesn't apply to athletes in the public domain like college and pro sports. They sign a waiver as part of their contracts and yes a scholarship is a contract..
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”