Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Ark State Game-Hangover

Longrifle28
School: Appalachian State

Ark State Game-Hangover

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:49 am

The sign of a great team is that even when you don't play your best, you are able to win. Behind Alabama, we have been the only team to keep Ark St to single digits. Also, behind Alabama, we have scored the most points on them. However, the game seemed a little off for us offensively.

I'm going to give Ark St credit, they played hard to stop the run, and their nose tackle was a beast, but, we still found a way to rush for over 200 yards. We completed passes when we needed to (some of them spectacular), but we also dropped a lot of passes.

I don't know, but I think the Tuesday night game puts you out of a routine, and having to travel on top of that, we just seemed to be a little off. Heck, I felt a little off as a fan. Then I look at the score, and we still beat the snot out of them.....

Hate we lost Mr. Moore.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

GregPercussion

Re: Ark State Game-Hangover

Unread post by GregPercussion » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:07 am

Ark State is one of the better teams in the SunBelt, so I wasn't expecting us to be perfect. It took a while to get into our rhythm. But the 2nd half was better. I agree the Tuesday thing put us off our game. Looking forward to LALA on the 20th back at home and setting things back into motion and crush em.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:19 am

Yes the Tuesday thing is weird for everyone I'd say.

Glad we don't have GS or Troy the first game after this one. I'll take what should be an easy game at home in 10 days.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:35 am

Last night was a bit of a reality check. After a trio of games against poor teams, it took a while for our guys to adjust to a pretty good defense. A State won the line of scrimmage for much of the game. Big plays really undid a lot of their success on defense. Evans gained 96 yards on two carries and 19 yards on his other 14 carries. Overall we had 4 runs that accounted for about 180 yards. On all other runs we averaged less than 2 yards a carry.

This game should prep us for the conference games moving forward.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”