Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Jalin Moore's Season Officially Ends

T-Dog

Re: Jalin Moore's Season Officially Ends

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:26 pm

I could post dozens of these, but you get the idea of how beloved Jalin is by his teammates.

87ASUgrad
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:50 pm

Thank you #25. I have enjoyed watching that kid over his years at App State. He has grown into a Team Leader, Warrior, and Man now. I pray Jalin has a complete recovery and plays at the next level.

I am not sure how it would work, but is a medical redshirt not a course of action or not a desired option in Jalin’s situation? It probably isn’t since nobody is talking about it. I heard the rules have changed recently to allow a red shirt with 4 games, but what is the medical COA?
Give Em Hell!!

weavneerfan

Unread post by weavneerfan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Inspiring! No true Mountaineer can read his statement without crying.

Surely there will be some kind of tribute from the athletic office in the form of a video or something in the near future.

For next week's game, hope there will be at least one round of:
West side: "Jalin"
East side: "Moore"

It's great to be a Mountaineer!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:08 pm

I put it on the other Jalin thread but here it is for those that don’t see the old one. Someone suggested that we the fans should do something to honor Jalin’s committment to the term,
‘Give my all to Appalachian’ by changing the App State cheer to Jalin Moore at the next home game. I broachedthe subject with DG and he is on board with the idea. He did state that it is doubtful that Jalin will be at the game on the 20th. But he is good with doing it at he next game.

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:42 am

If you have not seen it, Moonshine posted a great tribute idea for Jalin. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9000&start=100#p178878. He suggest making a $25 dollar donation to Strength and Conditioning to honor #25 giving his All for Appalachian. I would add that if you have the means you up it to $125 ($25 for each of the 5 years he has been a Mountaineer).

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:21 am

$25 dollar donation to Strength & Conditioning in the mail today. Thanks #25!!
Give Em Hell!!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:36 am

Rick83 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:59 am
What an outstanding young man. Hate this happened but I suspect we'll be watching him play on Sundays for years to come. Thanks Jalin for all that you've done for our team and you'll always be part of our family of course. Good luck to you on your surgery and recovery.

I suspect he will end up in the CFL. He's a relatively big guy, but not by NFL standards. One of the classiest kids to ever play at App and always gives 100%.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:37 am

weavneerfan wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:11 pm
Inspiring! No true Mountaineer can read his statement without crying.

Surely there will be some kind of tribute from the athletic office in the form of a video or something in the near future.

For next week's game, hope there will be at least one round of:
West side: "Jalin"
East side: "Moore"

It's great to be a Mountaineer!
Probably won’t do it next week as Moore will probably not be at the game, or at least in the field. DG is working on organizing the chant.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:28 pm

Jalin has been a shinning star for our school. I could not be more prouder of an individual. He represents the the best of a human being and his fellow students.

I feel for him in his journey but know his strength and courage will carry him through. I believe he will be successful in whatever life he does.

Thanks Jalin and Godspeed

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:26 am

NewApp wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:36 am
Rick83 wrote:
What an outstanding young man. Hate this happened but I suspect we'll be watching him play on Sundays for years to come. Thanks Jalin for all that you've done for our team and you'll always be part of our family of course. Good luck to you on your surgery and recovery.

I suspect he will end up in the CFL. He's a relatively big guy, but not by NFL standards. One of the classiest kids to ever play at App and always gives 100%.
Wasn't he listed as the top NFL prospect out of the Sun Belt? And on the NFL's list of "freakish athletes? Or am I wrong? Obviously, he's got to fully recover from this injury for anything to happen.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:06 am

Rick83 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:26 am
NewApp wrote:
Rick83 wrote:

Wasn't he listed as the top NFL prospect out of the Sun Belt? And on the NFL's list of "freakish athletes? Or am I wrong? Obviously, he's got to fully recover from this injury for anything to happen.
Freakish, yes, but that very possibly may be because he plays "larger" than his size. Notice Penn State shut him down a significant portion of the game (88 Yards on 18 carries). He would meet those calibre of defenses on a daily basis in practice and every Sunday.
I stand by my post. He will likely get a shot at the NFL but very likely end up in the CFL, like Armanti. Definitely not likely to get a high round draft pick in the NFL partially because of missing a large part of his senior year.
Google SUX

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:23 am

I imagine that one of the knocks against Jalin will be durability. He runs hard and plays physical, but he also hasn’t played a full season.

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:49 am

NewApp wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:06 am
Rick83 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Rick83 wrote:

Freakish, yes, but that very possibly may be because he plays "larger" than his size. Notice Penn State shut him down a significant portion of the game (88 Yards on 18 carries). He would meet those calibre of defenses on a daily basis in practice and every Sunday.
I stand by my post. He will likely get a shot at the NFL but very likely end up in the CFL, like Armanti. Definitely not likely to get a high round draft pick in the NFL partially because of missing a large part of his senior year.

4.9 yards per carry with a touchdown isn't considered "shutting down". His stat line would be considered a good day in the NFL. Also, you can say he will face defenses like Penn State in the NFL, but you also have to consider he will have an NFL offensive line blocking for him.

And, he is very close in size to the average NFL RB and bigger than many great ones.

tnave94

Unread post by tnave94 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:45 am

NewApp wrote:
Rick83 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Rick83 wrote:

lol. His measurables are better than Saquan Barkley. He’ll be fine.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:34 am

If Jalin wanted to pursue a medical redshirt for this season what is the likelihood of NCAA approving it?

Just thinking that he may have a better shot at NFL with another year.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:30 pm

He doesn’t qualify.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:38 pm

tnave94 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:45 am
NewApp wrote:
Rick83 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Rick83 wrote:

lol. His measurables are better than Saquan Barkley. He’ll be fine.
Anecdotal because his measurables aren't better than most RB's in the NFL. Just like people on here used anecdotal examples to say Armanti was big enough to play QB in the NFL. At 6' 1" and less than 195 pounds, he would have been about the slightest in size of NFL QB's. The odds were against him despite his immeasurables.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:40 pm

appvette wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:49 am
NewApp wrote:
Rick83 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Rick83 wrote:

4.9 yards per carry with a touchdown isn't considered "shutting down". His stat line would be considered a good day in the NFL. Also, you can say he will face defenses like Penn State in the NFL, but you also have to consider he will have an NFL offensive line blocking for him.

And, he is very close in size to the average NFL RB and bigger than many great ones.
Compared to his better games, he was definitely shut down. 88 yds is less than many of his first halves. True about offensive lines. Spot on.
Google SUX

Boonegoon

Unread post by Boonegoon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:55 pm

I haven't seen anything but are there any updates on Jalin's status? Surgery? Rehab? Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”