Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Jalin Moore's Season Officially Ends

tm37766
School: Appalachian State

Jalin Moore's Season Officially Ends

Unread post by tm37766 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:53 am

https://appstatesports.com/news/2018/10 ... rgery.aspx

Jalin's statement at the end of the write-up says it all. I got chills reading it. I think I'd handle things with less grace. Maturity beyond his years. God speed Mr. Moore!

Rick83

Re: Jalin Moore's Season Officially Ends

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:59 am

What an outstanding young man. Hate this happened but I suspect we'll be watching him play on Sundays for years to come. Thanks Jalin for all that you've done for our team and you'll always be part of our family of course. Good luck to you on your surgery and recovery.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:00 am

I pray for a speedy recovery for Jalin. A true Mountaineer warrior. He's in my top 5 of all time Mountaineer players I have seen play in person.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:01 am

Gulp.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:02 am

This says it all.

"First of all, thanks to my App State family for the love and prayers," Moore said. "I'm eager to get back and finish what I started. I wish I could start the rehab process right now. I hate that this is the way my App career ended, but everything happens for a reason. This is only going to make my story better in the end. We've got a special team this year, and I know them boys will still get the job done. All I can ask for is for them to keep that same swagger, that same mindset. Don't feel sorry for me, this is only a test that I will not fail. Anybody can get hurt any play, and any play could be your last. That's what we touch that sign for. We've got to give our all for App, because you never when it will be your last game for the Black and Gold." - Jalin Moore
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:02 am

It's the best move, even if he could recover for a bowl game or championship. I hope he recovers well and is able to have a great career in the nfl.

AppRolls

Unread post by AppRolls » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:03 am

What a great kid. What a great example he’s setting for his teammates. Makes you proud to be a Mountaineer.

RunawayJM

Unread post by RunawayJM » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:08 am

Yikes, that is a brutal injury for a football player to come back from.

His quote at the end says it all. Leadership personified.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:19 am

If every young man who puts on the black and gold brought that attitude and love for our school we would never lose a game. People wonder why we have something so special on the mountain. There you have it.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:21 am

In the moment he pulled that Arkst fool into the endzone with a broken ankle and proceeded to ensure the ball was secure, he had me jumping around my living room. Jalin, you personify what it means "to give your all for App State". You do not have to be a football player to apply that motto to your life, if you are going to commit to do something, give it your all!

I pray for a speedy recovery and I would love to see you on Sundays.
The Appalachian State

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:30 am

"First of all, thanks to my App State family for the love and prayers," Moore said. "I'm eager to get back and finish what I started. I wish I could start the rehab process right now. I hate that this is the way my App career ended, but everything happens for a reason. This is only going to make my story better in the end. We've got a special team this year, and I know them boys will still get the job done. All I can ask for is for them to keep that same swagger, that same mindset. Don't feel sorry for me, this is only a test that I will not fail. Anybody can get hurt any play, and any play could be your last. That's what we touch that sign for. We've got to give our all for App, because you never know when it will be your last game for the Black and Gold."

That young man is awesome. Hate this ended his career here, but glad he is still with us and providing leadership the rest of this year. This could be invaluable for our young running backs.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:39 am

What an exceptional young man! Proud to be a Yosef Club Member and a MOUNTAINEER!!! Praying for a speedy recovery!!!

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:42 am

Although he won't be carrying the ball, I'm sure he'll continue to inspire, mentor, and motivate this very talented young team. Although he'll soon take his place among such Mountaineer greats as Armanti, Richardson, Coakley, Cox, etc..., this is still his team and still his special season.

app87

Unread post by app87 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:48 am

tm37766 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:53 am
https://appstatesports.com/news/2018/10 ... rgery.aspx

Jalin's statement at the end of the write-up says it all. I got chills reading it. I think I'd handle things with less grace. Maturity beyond his years. God speed Mr. Moore!
WOW! Mature beyond his years!

QueencityApp

Unread post by QueencityApp » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:51 am

Alright somebody stop cutting onions around here.

After reading that piece it leaves little doubt that he’ll do just fine not only with his future football career but life in general. That’s the response of a man right there not a kid. It’s clearly evident somebody was doing something right while raising him up through his childhood. I’m sure the team will continue to lean on him and this will just motivate them even “Moore.”

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:58 am

RunawayJM wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:08 am
Yikes, that is a brutal injury for a football player to come back from.

His quote at the end says it all. Leadership personified.
It's a brutal injury for any human being to come back from.

What a fine young man he is! As tough a Mountaineer as I have seen. Thank you Jalin! Keep doing what you can do for your team...and that's clearly plenty.

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:10 am

The story just came out in the App Trail for The Winston-Salem Journal by Ethan Joyce today also: "App Trail: An injury update on App State's Jalin Moore".

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/asu/f ... e%20Sports

Appalachian State running back Jalin Moore's college career is over.

According to a release from App State athletics on Friday morning, the senior suffered both a dislocation and a fracture to his right ankle in Appalachian's 35-9 victory against Arkansas State.

Moore exited Tuesday's game during the second quarter after scoring a 27-yard touchdown. His run gave the Mountaineers their first lead of the game. His injury will require surgery, with recovery time taking eight-to-12 weeks.

Through the release, the Mountaineers shared a heartfelt message from Moore.

“First of all, thanks to my App State family for the love and prayers,” Moore said. “I’m eager to get back and finish what I started. I wish I could start the rehab process right now. I hate that this is the way my App career ended, but everything happens for a reason.

"This is only going to make my story better in the end. We’ve got a special team this year, and I know them boys will still get the job done. All I can ask for is for them to keep that same swagger, that same mindset. Don’t feel sorry for me, this is only a test that I will not fail. Anybody can get hurt any play, and any play could be your last. That’s what we touch that sign for. We’ve got to give our all for App, because you never when it will be your last game for the Black and Gold.”

He finishes this season with 400 yards rushing and six touchdowns. For his App State career, he rushed for 3,570 yards and 33 touchdowns. Moore's career yardage total is the sixth-highest in school history, and he's seventh all-time in rushing touchdowns.

Now without Moore, the Mountaineers (4-1, 2-0 Sun Belt Conference) will lean on a combination of redshirt sophomores Darrynton Evans and Marcus William Jr., as well as redshirt freshman D'Andre Hicks and potentially true freshman Camerun Peoples. Peoples, a likely candidate to play in four games and redshirt, has only appeared in one game so far.

“I hate this for Jalin, who has worked so hard to be the player and person that he is,” Coach Scott Satterfield said. “We will continue to support him, and he will remain a leader on this team, just in a different role. He is a special young man and has a bright future. It’s now time for some of our younger guys to step up and carry the load, especially at the running back position.”

Moore entered the 2018 season having registered back-to-back 1,000 yard seasons — 1,037 in 2017, 1,402 in 2016 — making him one of only six running backs in the nation with that distinction.

He became the Sun Belt Offensive Player of the Year in 2016, a season he started as the primary backup to Marcus Cox. In that season, he rushed for more than 100 yards in eight of App State's final 10 games, including a 257-yard performance against Akron.

The next year, while battling numerous injuries, Moore managed to piece together a solid season. He missed two full games (against UMass and Georgia Southern) and essentially two full halves (against Texas State and Coastal Carolina). He would go on, though, to help propel the offense in the late season. Moore had two games of 230-plus yards rushing: 241 against New Mexico State and 239 against Georgia State.

According to App State, Moore started this season as the only running back with four performances of 235 yards or more.
Give Em Hell!!

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:12 am

Hope for quick and full recovery and still a shot at nfl.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Made one of the lead stories on the ESPN NCAA page...unfortunately for this

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:45 pm

There are a lot of teams that would love to call Jalin theirs! Here’s to one of the finest Apps to play. His quote above was both inspiring and heartbreaking!Get well Jalin ..use this as a statement!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”