Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

North End zone project

APPdiesel
School: Appalachian State

Re: North End zone project

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:53 pm

HkyMtneer wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:30 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:02 pm
OOOOH SNAP. I thought you were just against having a twitter link in my bio for some reason. My page is twitter.com/dieselonradio. It USED to be diesel933. I switched to @dieselonradio over a year ago. Somebody with spurious intentions must've hijacked my old twitter handle. DEAR LORD. Sorry CLTApp11. I was like, "why would he have such a problem with my twitter page?" so I fired back.
Ha! I was kinda surprised as well...just assumed you had a real passion for a distinct "type" and didn't care if anyone knew. LOL
BROOO! I couldn't figure out why he was upset. I was like, "it's just my twitter account". Then I noticed the diesel933 and thought "eh, it's probably just a dead link". Then I clicked on it.....

LOL, I've contacted twitter and request that page be terminated.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

CLTApp11

Unread post by CLTApp11 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:48 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
OOOOH SNAP. I thought you were just against having a twitter link in my bio for some reason. My page is twitter.com/dieselonradio. It USED to be diesel933. I switched to @dieselonradio over a year ago. Somebody with spurious intentions must've hijacked my old twitter handle. DEAR LORD. Sorry CLTApp11. I was like, "why would he have such a problem with my twitter page?" so I fired back.
All good ha ha, i'm just glad I wasn't at work when I clicked it like StorminASU

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:54 pm

Diesel you made me blush.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:42 pm

NewApp wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:08 am
AppinVA wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:21 pm
In wouldn’t mind seeing those end zone bar “seats” Ark State had under our new club seats.

Heck, all I noticed were empty seats all over the stadium. Nothing looks worse than empty seats in a nice stadium during the first half of a game. Glad we don't have that problem for the most part. We have good fan support even on week night events.

i think we would have empty seats on a Tuesday night. Most programs do. It's just a bad night for college football. We averaged 25.7K for all homes games last, Ark. St. averaged 23.9K There isn't a lot of difference in our fan bases.

App90

Unread post by App90 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:37 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:45 pm
I have been told the number on the list for those seats is right at 875. At the moment. Minimum donation $1500.00 to yosef club, the seat will cost $750.00 each.

How recent was this quote? I was told it is changing as the original agreements are ending this year and the minimum is increasing. I am on the list also.
Huskie this was, with all do respect 3 years ago....So my guess is it will be moved to a 3000.00 donation and a $1,000 a seat across the board. Now does that impact the ones that's been sitting in the west side / old section for years with protected seats that cant be bided against with donations I do not know. What is disappointing is the 500 seats that could get more revenue if they were opened for bid. But they wont do it. Losing money across the board. I asked them to do this and was told I would have to just wait my turn.

If the original agreements are ending does this mean that those seats go to the highest donors now in the Yosef club.. That in all reality is how it should work. But for years those seats have been protected.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:14 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:53 pm
HkyMtneer wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:30 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Ha! I was kinda surprised as well...just assumed you had a real passion for a distinct "type" and didn't care if anyone knew. LOL
BROOO! I couldn't figure out why he was upset. I was like, "it's just my twitter account". Then I noticed the diesel933 and thought "eh, it's probably just a dead link". Then I clicked on it.....

LOL, I've contacted twitter and request that page be terminated.
I just thought they had a disdain for alternative rock music DJs... :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Appalachian State

jm18668

Unread post by jm18668 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:10 pm

App90 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:37 pm
huskie3 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:45 pm
I have been told the number on the list for those seats is right at 875. At the moment. Minimum donation $1500.00 to yosef club, the seat will cost $750.00 each.

How recent was this quote? I was told it is changing as the original agreements are ending this year and the minimum is increasing. I am on the list also.
Huskie this was, with all do respect 3 years ago....So my guess is it will be moved to a 3000.00 donation and a $1,000 a seat across the board. Now does that impact the ones that's been sitting in the west side / old section for years with protected seats that cant be bided against with donations I do not know. What is disappointing is the 500 seats that could get more revenue if they were opened for bid. But they wont do it. Losing money across the board. I asked them to do this and was told I would have to just wait my turn.

If the original agreements are ending does this mean that those seats go to the highest donors now in the Yosef club.. That in all reality is how it should work. But for years those seats have been protected.
Club seats opened up a couple of years ago that I was eligible for. There was a $5000 commitment per seat, spread out over 4 years on top of the annual cost of the tickets and minimum Yosef club donations. That was well beyond what I could do and based on where we were as a program I thought that was a pretty big ask. I think we will get there soon though.

I do agree that we need to better monetize our seats. There are some programs that reseat ticket holders every 5 or so years based on giving. I think we are well past the time to do this. With the upcoming changes to the Stadium lot and North End Zone completion, I think we are in for a few big changes down the road.
Brad Manning '99
Raleigh, NC

tigersef

Unread post by tigersef » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:26 pm

asu66 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:15 pm
My understanding is as follows...

The NEZ project begins with the razing of Owens FH immediately after the last game of this season. That could carry over into January with weather and the holidays. Tons and tons of debris will have to be hauled away. Construction is to begin in "early '19" as soon as the architectural & engineering phase is complete. Supposed to be turnkey in '20.

Construction of the parking deck is already in progress.

Construction of the P3 dorms is to begin in spring 19.

Renovation of Sanford is set to begin in July '19.

Work on the Old Watauga/105 project will begin after the architectural/engineering phase is complete.

At some point, work on all of the projects will overlap. It should all be completed in under six years from today.

How many tennis balls can you juggle at once w/o dropping one? It's gonna be appsolutely intense on the West Campus.
I absolutely love the double deck design of the north end zone facility. It'll create an ideal atmosphere with fans right on top of the field. Doug Gillin is an excellent AD who listens to suggestions and deserves every accolade he receives.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:00 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:42 pm
NewApp wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:08 am
AppinVA wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:21 pm
In wouldn’t mind seeing those end zone bar “seats” Ark State had under our new club seats.

Heck, all I noticed were empty seats all over the stadium. Nothing looks worse than empty seats in a nice stadium during the first half of a game. Glad we don't have that problem for the most part. We have good fan support even on week night events.

i think we would have empty seats on a Tuesday night. Most programs do. It's just a bad night for college football. We averaged 25.7K for all homes games last, Ark. St. averaged 23.9K There isn't a lot of difference in our fan bases.
Remember, that's ticket sold including season tickets, not necessarily butts in the seats. Ark State was lucky if it had 10K in the seats last week.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:51 am

Bump.

I’m assuming, with the extension of our season by one week, that demo/progress with this project is delayed as well. A good problem to have, no doubt. I can’t wait until we break ground on this and start to see tangible progress.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:37 am

When are the hard firm specs on the building going to be revealed?

Is this building going to be partially finished for 2019 season?

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:20 pm

ASU-FTW wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:51 am
Bump.

I’m assuming, with the extension of our season by one week, that demo/progress with this project is delayed as well. A good problem to have, no doubt. I can’t wait until we break ground on this and start to see tangible progress.
Pretty sure I've read that the demo would start after the last game was played which included the possible SBC Championship game if played in Boone.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:52 pm

Maybe, after the win we can tear down the field house and leave the goal posts alone.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:24 pm

Rush the field, grab a sledgehammer.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”