Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

North End zone project

appstatealum
School: Appalachian State

Re: North End zone project

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:10 am

Shots fired shots fired
The Appalachian State

appgrad2010

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:19 am

App State needs to replicate the model of the Clemson West End Zone. Ticket holders can enter 2 hours before said game, a food buffet is set-up (varies week to week and by start-time). Ticket holders can enjoy watching warm-ups, the band, etc. before kick-off. The seats have a cover over head but are outside. At half-time they have an appetizer bar, along with locker service that patrons can get alcohol stocked in or bring their own the day before between a specific predesignated time. It is 1st class, and the smart way to go about it. Did not realize a waiting list existed at App, how many people are on it? What is the policy or procedure to get on the list for when the end zone project is completed?

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:17 am

appgrad2010 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:19 am
App State needs to replicate the model of the Clemson West End Zone. Ticket holders can enter 2 hours before said game, a food buffet is set-up (varies week to week and by start-time). Ticket holders can enjoy watching warm-ups, the band, etc. before kick-off. The seats have a cover over head but are outside. At half-time they have an appetizer bar, along with locker service that patrons can get alcohol stocked in or bring their own the day before between a specific predesignated time. It is 1st class, and the smart way to go about it. Did not realize a waiting list existed at App, how many people are on it? What is the policy or procedure to get on the list for when the end zone project is completed?
It starts with giving money $ to our university. I encourage all to make an impact. Here are a few links appgrad2010.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/ ... e_Web_.pdf
https://appstatesports.com/news/2017/5/ ... ating.aspx
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:23 am

CLTApp11 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:01 am
At least Clemson is just rubbing a rock. Remove the twitter link for your signature Diesel ....you weirdo
LOL .......................... :o :lol:

appgrad2010

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:31 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:17 am
appgrad2010 wrote:
It starts with giving money $ to our university. I encourage all to make an impact. Here are a few links appgrad2010.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/ ... e_Web_.pdf
https://appstatesports.com/news/2017/5/ ... ating.aspx
Appreciate the links and info. I am extremely well versed with all of this and way more. I just have never heard how many people are on a waiting list. Used to know almost everyone in Athletic Department, but very few App alum in the department now.

App90

Unread post by App90 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:08 am

appgrad2010 wrote:
I have been waiting for 8 years for a seat. The number 1 donor cant get a seat right now in the yosef club seats. I have been told the number on the list for those seats is right at 875. At the moment. Minimum donation $1500.00 to yosef club, the seat will cost $750.00 each. This is what I have been quoted. Do the math and you have 750,000.00 alone in just tickets if they get 1000 in there. Plus concessions. ASU moved up but is losing money at an alarming rate. And they are aware of it.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:27 am

appgrad2010 wrote:
This is exactly what the Yosef Club room was before they moved it to the Quinn Center. I hope the Club Room moves back to the north endzone pregame. I loved watching warmups as a child.

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:33 am

appgrad2010 wrote:
I'm sure the NEZ will be great and will host Yosef Club things, as they have a big sign out front that says so. I would hope in the coming years to have the south similar to Clemson as well, that would be great for us.

WarApp

Unread post by WarApp » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:12 am

So if the south end zone being redone is contingent on a new indoor facility being built first, anyone have a guesstimate of what a new indoor facility would cost? Even better, what would be a reasonable estimate of new indoor facility + south end zone resloping/etc combined?

And is there room on the east side for a new structure similar to the structure on the west side that could house 1-2 levels of club seating above the second deck?

WarApp

Unread post by WarApp » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:13 am

Someone with some CAD skills mock all that up. :)

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:56 am

The original plan for the current complex on the west side included Yosef Club hospitality .As the footprint was cut down it was lost , that was and is ,about my only issue with it.Now , years later we , we can address that need. The "Clubroom" can once again be a recruiting tool for Yosef , something you've got to have in D1.This will have a big impact on building the base.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:08 am

AppinVA wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:21 pm
In wouldn’t mind seeing those end zone bar “seats” Ark State had under our new club seats.

Heck, all I noticed were empty seats all over the stadium. Nothing looks worse than empty seats in a nice stadium during the first half of a game. Glad we don't have that problem for the most part. We have good fan support even on week night events.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:31 pm

NewApp wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:08 am
AppinVA wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:21 pm
In wouldn’t mind seeing those end zone bar “seats” Ark State had under our new club seats.

Heck, all I noticed were empty seats all over the stadium. Nothing looks worse than empty seats in a nice stadium during the first half of a game. Glad we don't have that problem for the most part. We have good fan support even on week night events.
I guess that’s how I saw them. That could be a section that sells beer, giving us a way to give the consumer who may want alcohol while watching the game, while controlling sales, as well. Those seats would be popular.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:45 pm

I have been told the number on the list for those seats is right at 875. At the moment. Minimum donation $1500.00 to yosef club, the seat will cost $750.00 each.

How recent was this quote? I was told it is changing as the original agreements are ending this year and the minimum is increasing. I am on the list also.
Bring Your A Game!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:23 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:30 pm
Hey look at the big announcement Athletics just made.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2018/10 ... rnors.aspx
White Block A's. I will always approve.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:48 pm

CLTApp11 wrote:
At least Clemson is just rubbing a rock. Remove the twitter link for your signature Diesel ....you weirdo
No
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:57 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:48 pm
CLTApp11 wrote:
No
I just clicked that link at work thinking it was some kind of inside joke....nope. What the heck???

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:02 pm

OOOOH SNAP. I thought you were just against having a twitter link in my bio for some reason. My page is twitter.com/dieselonradio. It USED to be diesel933. I switched to @dieselonradio over a year ago. Somebody with spurious intentions must've hijacked my old twitter handle. DEAR LORD. Sorry CLTApp11. I was like, "why would he have such a problem with my twitter page?" so I fired back.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:30 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:02 pm
OOOOH SNAP. I thought you were just against having a twitter link in my bio for some reason. My page is twitter.com/dieselonradio. It USED to be diesel933. I switched to @dieselonradio over a year ago. Somebody with spurious intentions must've hijacked my old twitter handle. DEAR LORD. Sorry CLTApp11. I was like, "why would he have such a problem with my twitter page?" so I fired back.
Ha! I was kinda surprised as well...just assumed you had a real passion for a distinct "type" and didn't care if anyone knew. LOL

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:50 pm

WarApp wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:12 am
So if the south end zone being redone is contingent on a new indoor facility being built first, anyone have a guesstimate of what a new indoor facility would cost? Even better, what would be a reasonable estimate of new indoor facility + south end zone resloping/etc combined?

And is there room on the east side for a new structure similar to the structure on the west side that could house 1-2 levels of club seating above the second deck?
Once softball is moved and that footprint is avail, they need to de-construct Soffield and re-orient it north / south in order to add 30+ yards...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”