Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

#rankappstate

proasu89
School: Appalachian State

Re: #rankappstate

Unread post by proasu89 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:50 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:41 pm
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:04 pm
Also think based on this that we will be 25 or 24 in AP poll
And that's the one that puts the # next to your name on the score bug during a game.
Free advertising. Also, imagine not having to go to the Sun Belt subheader to find our score on the ESPN App. Front page!

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:54 pm

The flip side..... Let's say the stars align and GS pulls off the W .... Their ranking stock takes a huge boost. They would have beaten Ark St, South Ala, UMass, and had a better showing against Clemson than an unbetaen NC State did. If you add a win over us I say they get ranked or dang near close. So this is a big game for them that I'm positive they will tank.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:09 pm

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:21 pm

proasu89 wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:50 pm
T-Dog wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:41 pm
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:04 pm
Also think based on this that we will be 25 or 24 in AP poll
And that's the one that puts the # next to your name on the score bug during a game.
Free advertising. Also, imagine not having to go to the Sun Belt subheader to find our score on the ESPN App. Front page!
I opened up my ESPN app to check the polls, went to the "college football" section, and there it was. Under "Top 25 Scores week 8" Thursday night #25 Appalachian State @ Georgia Southern. Tears of joy.

AppNation85

Unread post by AppNation85 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:10 pm

Here are the voters on the CFP Playoff committee since that poll comes out Oct 30:
Bill Hancock, Executive director
Ron Mullens, Chair Oregon athletic director
Joe Castiglione, Oklahoma athletic director
Chris Howard, Robert Morris University president
Herb Deromedi, former Central Michigan coach
Jeff Bower, former Southern Miss coach
Ronnie Lott, former USC defensive back
Bobby Johnson, former Vanderbilt coach
Scott Stricklin, Florida athletic director
Gene Smith, Ohio State athletic director
Frank Beamer, former Virginia Tech coach
Paola Boivin, former reporter for The Arizona Republic
Ken Hatfield, former Rice, Air Force, Clemson, Arkansas coach
​Todd Stansbury, Georgia Tech athletic director

@BHancockCFP @soonerAD @RonnieLottHOF @ScottStricklin @OSU_AD @PaolaBoivin @GTToddStansbury
Twitter: @RankAppState

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:38 am

Something already bugging me about being ranked...keep getting congrats through text or through conversation about being ranked...for the first time ever...

We've only been in FBS for under 5 years, A-hole!!!

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:31 am

What a good day in App State history. Now lets get back to the grind, keep the head down for this short week and fix our flaws vs LaLa and beat the Stink for the W.

tnave94

Unread post by tnave94 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:34 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:29 am
The problem many have with Church is that he "quietly" supports App State while he loudly supports UNC. And it seems like he only occasionally loudly supports App when it's convenient for him, like if he's got something to sell.
How bout that time he took the time to make an intro video and we as a fan base unanimously rioted to get rid of it. Maybe that’s why he’s quiet.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:19 pm

tnave94 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:34 pm
T-Dog wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:29 am
The problem many have with Church is that he "quietly" supports App State while he loudly supports UNC. And it seems like he only occasionally loudly supports App when it's convenient for him, like if he's got something to sell.
How bout that time he took the time to make an intro video and we as a fan base unanimously rioted to get rid of it. Maybe that’s why he’s quiet.
Well, it wasn’t very good, so there is that. And once again, that came around the same time his merchandise did. He used to be on WFNZ Pack-Man almost weekly and would always give his takes on Carolina. Not one time did I ever hear him mention App State. Like I referenced before, I never even knew he was an alum until years later. Look, I get people like him, and I’ll give him a nod and a hoist of my beer because he is an App Alum, but I do not consider him an “App Fan” nor will I appreciate his sudden interest in us when we keep climbing the college football AP rankings...and we will keep climbing the CFP rankings....

Personally, I liked the Audioslave intro capped with the Sean Connery.
The Appalachian State

EF200
School: Georgia Southern

Unread post by EF200 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:56 pm

GregPercussion wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:31 am
What a good day in App State history. Now lets get back to the grind, keep the head down for this short week and fix our flaws vs LaLa and beat the Stink for the W.
A funny thing happened on the way to Disney Land. A short detour at Paulson Stadium. Brings one's self worth back to reality. GATA.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:28 pm

It's good to see you guys back talking smack, even if it is only for a couple more days. As pathetic as you've been, I guess mediocrity looks pretty good right now. Don't fret. Daddy is on his way.

EF200

Unread post by EF200 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:04 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:28 pm
It's good to see you guys back talking smack, even if it is only for a couple more days. As pathetic as you've been, I guess mediocrity looks pretty good right now. Don't fret. Daddy is on his way.
Make sure granddaddy is on board and in our stands too. I want that good old Georgia Southern butt whipping to bring back old losing memories for your entire clan. Just keep your live stock at home, we'll have enough manure to clean up following your fans departure.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:25 pm

EF200 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:04 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
Make sure granddaddy is on board and in our stands too. I want that good old Georgia Southern butt whipping to bring back old losing memories for your entire clan. Just keep your live stock at home, we'll have enough manure to clean up following your fans departure.
It's been so long Granddaddy doesn't remember it either. He says he just remembers the smell, gnats, and big ugly women. Seriously, we have all been so focused on our national ranking we forgot about congratulating your Iggles on this week's one-year anniversary of your #1 ranking in the ESPN Bottom 10:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... g-lot-days

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:28 pm

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:53 pm

EF200

Unread post by EF200 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:13 pm

When you all can get over congratulating yourselves and patting each other's back for a short-lived ranking. Time to get unfocused in our House Thursday. It's nice while it lasted but eventually everyone comes down to earth. GATA

EF200

Unread post by EF200 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:22 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:25 pm
EF200 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:
It's been so long Granddaddy doesn't remember it either. He says he just remembers the smell, gnats, and big ugly women.

Yeah right, your granddaddy don't remember the butt whipping. But your granddaddy remembers gnats, drinking smelly Eagle Creek water and that special big ugly woman motel experience. He left with a big Mountaineer smile.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:32 pm

EF200 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:13 pm
When you all can get over congratulating yourselves and patting each other's back for a short-lived ranking. Time to get unfocused in our House Thursday. It's nice while it lasted but eventually everyone comes down to earth. GATA
Y’all should be well versed about being brought down to earth.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:47 pm

EF200 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:22 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
EF200 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:
It's been so long Granddaddy doesn't remember it either. He says he just remembers the smell, gnats, and big ugly women.

Yeah right, your granddaddy don't remember the butt whipping. But your granddaddy remembers gnats, drinking smelly Eagle Creek water and that special big ugly woman motel experience. He left with a big Mountaineer smile.
EF,
Despite your obsession with goats and manure, I just bet you’re the class of Gnatsboro. Enjoy the whipping (and I think you just might) but for God’s sake y’all wash up down there- you’ll be on TV. And pardon us for feeling a little good about ourselves right now- I’m sure you remember what it’s like to be ranked in the Top 25- wait a minute- I guess you don’t . :D

EF200

Unread post by EF200 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:55 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:47 pm
EF200 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:22 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
EF200 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:

EF,
Despite your obsession with goats and manure, I just bet you’re the class of Gnatsboro. Enjoy the whipping (and I think you just might) but for God’s sake y’all wash up down there- you’ll be on TV. And pardon us for feeling a little good about ourselves right now- I’m sure you remember what it’s like to be ranked in the Top 25- wait a minute- I guess you don’t . :D
I'll try and wash. But please App fans bring your dentures, share your moonshine with us in Paulson parking lot, tailgate area and keep the stinking goats in Boone. Congrats on your ranking! Were coming for it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”