Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

State of the backfield

bigdaddyg
School: Appalachian State

Re: State of the backfield

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:42 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:06 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:37 pm
There isn’t a dumb post on this entire thread. We are absolutely loaded at back and receiver. We lose a potential POTY and we are saddled with tough decisions as to who plays. We can potentially use enough guys that nobody tires or gets overused. Best I can tell Satt doesn’t typically sing the praises of a freshman but with CP I believe he made an exception. Can’t wait to see that young man unleashed.
I think we should put Darrynton Evans in at right guard and run the fumble-rooskie.
Me thinks I spoke too soon. Lol

Cro-Magnon App
School: Appalachian State

Re: State of the backfield

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:01 pm

Mike Ayers would go for it more than any college coach I can remember, but he used good sense. I wonder what his DC of many years, Nate Woody, thought of that. ... A former high school coach in lower South Carolina a few years ago never punted. Never practiced it, never had a punting team. Then he went against Summerville, I believe it was, and went for it 7 times in his own territory. Didn't convert any of those 4th downs and the opponent scored every time. They fired him. He had a player or two that became Mountaineers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”