Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Be kind to your fellow AppFans

HighlandsApp
School: Appalachian State

Be kind to your fellow AppFans

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:57 am

In Rivers street deck yesterday while parking I decided to back into a space as many do. I decided to do this because when I looked in my rear view mirrors there was no one behind me. As I angled a bit, put the car in reverse and began to slowly back a horn sounded from behind me. I stopped. The guy backed up a smidgeon and I backed into the space. From there, the driver from inside his car began to berate me. Via lip reading, his gesture and facial expressions he appeared to want a fight. I stared blankly in dismay.

One - fans please stop driving in the crowded parking decks as though you are a race car driver or trying to replicate your favorite action hero from a movie scene speeding through a parking deck. That guy went from no where around to being feet off my bumper in a second.

Second - be kind and remotely considerate. I generally get a little frustrated when I am waiting on folks to back into spaces as I wait as patiently as possible to move along with the line upward in the deck. I made a bad call when I decided to do it myself. However, I only choose to after checking to see that there were no cars in the lane behind me.

Third - I am sorry that I ruined your day and that you had to repeatedly call me a F———- Moron and a f———— idiot in front of the passengers in your car.

ASUTodd

Re: Be kind to your fellow AppFans

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:08 am

YOSEF WILLIS

Unread post by YOSEF WILLIS » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:31 pm

Surely this was someone not accustom to the App State curtesy extended to fellow Mountaineers. If you are in a hurry getting a parking spot in the River Street deck, I recommend arriving earlier. The deck was completely full when I arrived Saturday which pushed me higher than I normally go but that was what was available when I arrived. As long as I find a safe spot I am OK. The behavior you discribed above is unacceptable in my opinion and I am sorry that you had that experience. Maybe the CLASS video needs to be emphasized more.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:32 pm

Be kind to everyone.

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:33 pm

NoLongerLurking wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:32 pm
Be kind to everyone.
Unless your a stink fan. Just saying.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:37 pm

I drive close to two thousand miles per month, so here is a little tip- being courteous and patient actually helps you get places faster because it helps prevents backups and accidents.
The Appalachian State

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:47 pm

Cant we all just get along?

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:07 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:37 pm
I drive close to two thousand miles per month, so here is a little tip- being courteous and patient actually helps you get places faster because it helps prevents backups and accidents.
And backing into a spot in a deck will be better for everyone trying to leave at the same time after the game, as well.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:12 pm

NoLongerLurking wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:32 pm
Be kind to everyone.
This . . . Always this

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:57 pm

YOSEF WILLIS wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:31 pm
Surely this was someone not accustom to the App State curtesy extended to fellow Mountaineers. If you are in a hurry getting a parking spot in the River Street deck, I recommend arriving earlier. The deck was completely full when I arrived Saturday which pushed me higher than I normally go but that was what was available when I arrived. As long as I find a safe spot I am OK. The behavior you discribed above is unacceptable in my opinion and I am sorry that you had that experience. Maybe the CLASS video needs to be emphasized more.

Thanks. It was just surprising. Who knows, maybe the guy was a LaLa fan..... But speed in parking decks is not good.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”