Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

GSUfans.com

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

GSUfans.com

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:51 am

If you want to have a laugh go read some of the drivel the gumroots are spewing. Most predict they will win 35-7 average............

oldfart
School: Georgia Southern

Re: GSUfans.com

Unread post by oldfart » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:29 pm

I didn't. I said App would roll us 42-17 but I'm a realist. Both programs are having great years but App has more speed on defense and will shut us down. We are 2-3 years away from where we should be and that's on the previous coaches/recruiting. The ship has been righted but there's a LOT to be done, especially on offense. However, that there football bounces funny and when these two teams line it up, you really never know.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:36 pm

oldfart wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:29 pm
I didn't. I said App would roll us 42-17 but I'm a realist. Both programs are having great years but App has more speed on defense and will shut us down. We are 2-3 years away from where we should be and that's on the previous coaches/recruiting. The ship has been righted but there's a LOT to be done, especially on offense. However, that there football bounces funny and when these two teams line it up, you really never know.
GS is definitely on the mend after a few tough years. I believe App has stronger twos and threes than GS at the moment which, hopefully, makes a difference Thursday night. It took several years to build that depth, and GS is on its way to doing just that. Like you say, anything can happen in an App-GS game. You can throw the records and rankings out the window now because they just don't matter once kickoff arrives.

#BeatSouthern
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:43 pm

One important ingredient for GS is the faith in the coaching staff and the belief that they can get them where they want to be. Don't discount that factor that will benefit GS on Thursday. Obviously, that also resides within our program as well. Satt has demonstrated his ability as a coach and our players have bought into what we do on the mountain. Again, I see that within the GS program now and that will pay dividends.

No doubt talent is the most important factor in a team's success but attitude and desire play an important role. I'm certainly not saying our guys don't play with attitude and desire (witness the Penn State game) but there is a renewal of that in Statesboro. I anticipate a very hard fought battle.

oldfart

Unread post by oldfart » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:48 pm

Winning is contagious. GS and App have shown the Sun Belt that because neither school can tolerate losing-at least not for long. A-State may be the only one closest to having this attitude, but the rest are miles away.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:56 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:36 pm
oldfart wrote:
GS is definitely on the mend after a few tough years. I believe App has stronger twos and threes than GS at the moment which, hopefully, makes a difference Thursday night. It took several years to build that depth, and GS is on its way to doing just that. Like you say, anything can happen in an App-GS game. You can throw the records and rankings out the window now because they just don't matter once kickoff arrives.

#BeatSouthern
All true but in this case you don’t throw out the record or rankings. We haven’t reached this point by luck. We are really good and really sound. It will take a fluke for them to stay on the field with this App team.

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:27 pm

Hopefully Moore travels to this game and is a vocal leader......

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:31 pm

oldfart wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:48 pm
Winning is contagious. GS and App have shown the Sun Belt that because neither school can tolerate losing-at least not for long. A-State may be the only one closest to having this attitude, but the rest are miles away.
Appreciate you coming by for a civil discussion. We both "hate" each other, but it can be done with respect. I hate to lose to you guys, but am glad to see you rebounding. It's good for the conference and I like that it shows how strong where we came from used to be.

oldfart

Unread post by oldfart » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:36 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:56 pm
DaphneUrquhart wrote:
oldfart wrote:

#BeatSouthern
All true but in this case you don’t throw out the record or rankings. We haven’t reached this point by luck. We are really good and really sound. It will take a fluke for them to stay on the field with this App team.
Ha Ha ... We actually have the better record. 6-1 > 5-1

EF200

Unread post by EF200 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:39 pm

What's your team's injury status for this game? Our linebacker crew is pretty banged up and I believe 1 or 2 of our running backs availability is questionable.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:46 pm

oldfart wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:36 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:56 pm
DaphneUrquhart wrote:
oldfart wrote:

#BeatSouthern
Ha Ha ... We actually have the better record. 6-1 > 5-1
Only because you've played one more game than we have. Southern Miss wasn't interested in playing us this year even though we offered several options to keep the game from being cancelled due to Florence.

oldfart

Unread post by oldfart » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:04 pm

I was kidding. You know that, right?

Blue Helmet

Unread post by Blue Helmet » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:30 pm

I love the Eagles but I was surprised that most of those posting on GSUfans.com were predicting the Eagles to win. The last two years were horrific. We are headed in the right direction and although I hope we win this week, I think we are still a year or two away from being back to where we would like to be.You guys are ranked in the top 25 and I commend you for that tremendous accomplishment. I hope I am wrong, like I was the year you beat Michigan, when we won 38-35 on Black Saturday in Kidd Brewer, but I think you will win 35-17 in Statesboro this year. Still, as Old Fart said in a previous post, the ball bounces funny sometimes.

I was in Boone a few weeks ago on a golf outing. I think that area of the country is one of God's most beautiful creations. The people were nice to me even when they learned that I was a GS fan. I want the Eagles to beat the Mountaineers as bad as any Eagle fan but I do not hate you. Georgia State, sure, but not you guys. If the truth be known, most GS fans, even those who claim to hate you, respect what you guys have accomplished. The two schools have had a celebrated rivalry but let's not act like fools as we cheer for our teams. I have been embarrassed by the way some of our fans have treated your fans and vice versa. This game and rivalry are important but they are neither life nor death.

Let's hope the game will be as good as the fans from both sides have come to expect.
Safe travels and Hail Southern!

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:36 pm

oldfart... Where was Wesley Fields this past Saturday? Didn't see him in stat lines.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:39 pm

EF200 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:39 pm
What's your team's injury status for this game? Our linebacker crew is pretty banged up and I believe 1 or 2 of our running backs availability is questionable.
The Sun Belt's best RB Jalin Moore is out for the season with a broken ankle. I think everyone else should is fine.

oldfart

Unread post by oldfart » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:40 pm

YesAppCan wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:36 pm
oldfart... Where was Wesley Fields this past Saturday? Didn't see him in stat lines.
Groin injury I think. Still questionable. He may not be our best back. It's been running back by committee lately

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:49 pm

YesAppCan wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:36 pm
ASM reported that he was injured but should be available Thursday.

EF200

Unread post by EF200 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:56 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:39 pm
EF200 wrote:
The Sun Belt's best RB Jalin Moore is out for the season with a broken ankle. I think everyone else should is fine.
Yeah, saw a portion of that game. That was a tough injury. Y'all still have Evans leading the Belt with 119.7 rushing yards a game and 142 all purpose yards. Should keep our defense busy to say the least.

EF200

Unread post by EF200 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:58 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:39 pm
EF200 wrote:
And your QB has a set of Wheels when necessary.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:33 pm

EF200 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:58 pm

And your QB has a set of Wheels when necessary.
As does the GS QB. Any word on how Shai's family is faring following the fire? It doesn't seem to have had an impact on his play.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”