Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App v.s. GSU Rivalry

EF200
School: Georgia Southern

Re: App v.s. GSU Rivalry

Unread post by EF200 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:20 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:15 pm
AppSt91 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:51 pm
Trophy must include a bus with a goalpost through the window.
I may or may not have been involved in this. Statute of limitations, right? To our credit, we were trying to get it over the top of the bus and their bus really shouldn’t have been parked there.

It was funny, I was one of the first students to jump down in the West corner of the field by Owens and an officer stopped me, he said “wait wait”. I looked at him and pointed behind him as the floodgates had opened from the north west corner, he said “well, get going then!” and gave me the cattle shoo. I remember a bunch of the officers waving and cheering us on as we ran across the field. I probably made that 100 yard dash in a time D.Evans would be impressed with because I was one of the first few to get to the top crossbar of the goal post and the thing snapped like a twig once we gave it a few rocks. Honestly, haven’t relived that memory in a long time. College. Good times.
Whew that was an amazing story/experience. Don't know how you survived through all that drama. God bless the little Mountaineers with their trials and tribulations. Your a 100 yard dash miracle. Lol.

QueencityApp
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by QueencityApp » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:58 pm

EF200 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:20 pm
appstatealum wrote:
AppSt91 wrote:
I may or may not have been involved in this. Statute of limitations, right? To our credit, we were trying to get it over the top of the bus and their bus really shouldn’t have been parked there.

It was funny, I was one of the first students to jump down in the West corner of the field by Owens and an officer stopped me, he said “wait wait”. I looked at him and pointed behind him as the floodgates had opened from the north west corner, he said “well, get going then!” and gave me the cattle shoo. I remember a bunch of the officers waving and cheering us on as we ran across the field. I probably made that 100 yard dash in a time D.Evans would be impressed with because I was one of the first few to get to the top crossbar of the goal post and the thing snapped like a twig once we gave it a few rocks. Honestly, haven’t relived that memory in a long time. College. Good times.
Whew that was an amazing story/experience. Don't know how you survived through all that drama. God bless the little Mountaineers with their trials and tribulations. Your a 100 yard dash miracle. Lol.
EF200 listen man/woman, you might set a record for most posts in a month on Yosef Cabin so I can appreciate the effort. However, and I hate to be this guy but can you please prove you have a diploma from Georgia Southern University? I find it extremely hard to believe someone can go through four years of college and not know the difference between your and you’re along with then and than.

You could be 14 for all we know so that’s understandable but you’re better than that man! #FailSouthern

EF200

Unread post by EF200 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:44 pm

QueencityApp wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:58 pm
EF200 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
AppSt91 wrote:

You could be 14 for all we know so that’s understandable but you’re better than that man! #FailSouthern
Man, over 14, and #Georgia Southern never fails. Lol. Now pass that moonshine my way.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:00 pm

EF200 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
AppSt91 wrote:

Yeah, it was a good time, and probably the least destructive thing I did in college. Like I said.... College. Good times.

See what I did there? Numb to your sarcasm. What’s good college football without a little sports hate?
The Appalachian State

QueencityApp

Unread post by QueencityApp » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:01 pm

EF200 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:44 pm
QueencityApp wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:58 pm
EF200 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
AppSt91 wrote:

Man, over 14, and #Georgia Southern never fails. Lol. Now pass that moonshine my way.
Cheers brother! I am glad this game means something this year. It really rev’s up the rivalry. Still hope we curb stomp you gumroot gnat’s by at least 20 points.

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:50 pm

appst89 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:53 pm
AppSt91 wrote:
Don't forget a crushed pizza box.
And something from a stolen ambulance.
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:24 am

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJn ... valry.html

I had no idea the first meeting was in 1932. I always thought the playoff game in 1987 was the first.
KICK ASS!!!

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:29 am

Wish I could find a link with info on the Appalachian 1987 media guide and football team roster. Anyone?
KICK ASS!!!

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:34 am

Deeper than Hate bowl in the link
KICK ASS!!!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:38 am

It's nice that Ga So actually has a decent team this year...this rivalry was on life support. It'll be fun to see the disappointment on their fans' faces Thursday night since their hopes have been built up with a 6-1 record.
Their best win was a last minute miracle at home against Ark State; whereas, we owned Ark State on the road. There's a storm headed down the mountain towards southern Georgia. The Apps will make a statement on national television, once again.

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:44 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:00 pm
I wouldn't P*** on them if they were on fire.................
This! It exactly explains what I was going to try to say in a post and it is perfect.
Give Em Hell!!

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:48 am

KICK ASS!!!

PJ42

Unread post by PJ42 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:58 am

Having such a young team and our dominance the last three of years, do you feel that our guys has an understanding of this rivalry? Top 25, playing on National TV on a Thursday night, raucous crowd, and essentially GSU's Super Bowl... You can guarantee that GSU will be geared up. Is this a trap game for App? I have no doubt that Satt and staff are relaying the importance of this game and rivalry. I think our talent and toughness comes through in the end but I do have some concerns whenever we play this game as well as the way things have been set-up.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:06 am

SmackDaddy Smackdown
KICK ASS!!!

EF200

Unread post by EF200 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:19 am

Rick83 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:38 am
It's nice that Ga So actually has a decent team this year...this rivalry was on life support. It'll be fun to see the disappointment on their fans' faces Thursday night since their hopes have been built up with a 6-1 record.
Their best win was a last minute miracle at home against Ark State; whereas, we owned Ark State on the road. There's a storm headed down the mountain towards southern Georgia. The Apps will make a statement on national television, once again.
True. We struggled mightily in 2015/16. We've improved rather quickly this year with a wiser coaching staff. I'm not sure that our offense is playing their A game quite yet. This game will provide us a better idea of our improvement and our overall potential. Your team is on a roll. But your offense doesn't seem as sharp as the 1st three games and our defense is coming along nicely and a major strength on our success. I believe this game will be a tough excellent game. Reminds me of the old days playing against you guys. Great rivalry.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:09 am

"This is a massive game and the biggest App State home game in many years"

😀 I expect a nice App contingent but not exactly like a home game.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:15 am

TheMoody1 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:09 am

Are you joking or did you not see the date the article was written?

aussie86

Unread post by aussie86 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:23 pm

Go re-read the article: Moody is quoting.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:44 pm

aussie86 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:23 pm
Go re-read the article: Moody is quoting.
Yes, he's quoting an article that was written in Oct 2015 ahead of a home game for us in Boone against Ga So. I couldn't tell if he didn't realize that or if he was expecting our crowd in Statesboro to be bigger than theirs, like make it a home game for us, kind of like what we did in Charlotte this year. The article does a great job providing the history of our rivalry though.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:58 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:15 am
TheMoody1 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:09 am

Are you joking or did you not see the date the article was written?
Oops.😳

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”