Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Perfect storm

CornCobPipes
School: Appalachian State

Re: Perfect storm

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:44 pm

On a positive note we were ranked in top25 for 4 days
KICK ASS!!!

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:45 pm

CornCobPipes wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:40 pm
Tackle that put Thomas out was flagrant and they get no holding calls and call holding on Big V when he did NOT hold
This. That was probably the one call that pissed me off the most. The bastard close lined Thomas when he was being tackled.

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:50 pm

Not that this makes anything remotely better, but holy crap, have you looked at the other scores tonight? 4 FBS games and ours was the closest score. Winners all scored 7+ tds. Weird night.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:51 pm

We got outplayed in every facet of the game tonight. The losing side always claims it was their mistakes that cost them the game. Well, yeah...the team that commits the fewer mistakes usually wins. GS took advantage of our mistakes, we failed to take advantage of our early opportunities. On the first series, GS shanks the punt, we have the ball at midfield and do nothing (of course, Zac injury was an impact). We block a punt and get no points out of that. Let's face it, they won the line of scrimmage. You can complain about the officials but that's what losers usually do. The game wasn't close. I know it hurts, especially for you folks that pounded your chest beforehand but no whining changes the outcome.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:53 pm

All of you people saying we were overrated really think the outcome is the same with ZT and Fehr?
The team that was rated was the team we have seen all year.
Georgia southern played hard and played a great game, but there is no doubt it would be a much closer game with out starting QB. All then”fans” that think otherwise are dilusional

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:57 pm

All I’ll say is we looked like we had never thought what would happen after losing ZT. Surprised by the number of mistakes we made. Injuries happen but losing your best RB and then your QB is a recipe for losing. Let’s see what happens from here.

Appstate3481

Unread post by Appstate3481 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:57 pm

We are not overrated.. We lost played one of the worst games I’ve seen a App State team play in a LONG time.. Our defense played well for most of the game but when you are on the field you will get tired especially when the other team runs the ball the whole time.. I mean all the flags and turnovers that we had tonight was pretty ridiculous and add that we lost our starting QB and LB just adds to a odd night in Eagle country

With that being said credit Georgia Southern they just made the plays and just wanted it more..

We have one of the youngest teams in the country this is just a minor setback for a major comeback!! I BELIEVE in this team and as App Fans it’s not time to throw this team under the bus for a very bizarre ball game!! Still a lot to play for and I think this team will respond and finish this season out strong

Go App

App91

Unread post by App91 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:58 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:00 pm
This post is ridiculous. GS has played a great game and us being ranked doesn’t matter. If we were a deserving top 25 team, we wouldn’t be getting hammered.
This no excuses because this is what we brought and the effort given. Save for defense total team embarrassment

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:02 pm

It just wasn’t our night at all.
GSU fumbled 3 times, but it just bounced their way to keep possession.
We had 1 or 2 turnovers that could have easily hit the ground as been intercepted.
Our Qb gets clubbed in the head and knocked out for the night, and no call.
Their QB gets hit, and our starting LB gets kicked out.
They go low on our 3rd string Qb, but since he wrapped up, it’s not a penalty.
Already down our2x conference leading rusher.
Maybe we get beat anyway, but I know I would have respected and enjoyed it much more with them getting our best shot

App91

Unread post by App91 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:04 pm

scatman77 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:33 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:25 pm
Haven’t you noticed the big runs were where Fehr would have been?

With Zac I’ll always believe we win this game. He wasn’t there, we lost.
Fehr's targeting was BS. He can't alter the physics once airborne and he form-tackled the QB.
Nope good call the fact that he left his feet and launched is the basic tenant of targeting. Textbook example of always keep your feet and put your facemask in his chest

Boonegoon

Unread post by Boonegoon » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:08 pm

Appstate3481 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:57 pm
We are not overrated.. We lost played one of the worst games I’ve seen a App State team play in a LONG time.. Our defense played well for most of the game but when you are on the field you will get tired especially when the other team runs the ball the whole time.. I mean all the flags and turnovers that we had tonight was pretty ridiculous and add that we lost our starting QB and LB just adds to a odd night in Eagle country

With that being said credit Georgia Southern they just made the plays and just wanted it more..

We have one of the youngest teams in the country this is just a minor setback for a major comeback!! I BELIEVE in this team and as App Fans it’s not time to throw this team under the bus for a very bizarre ball game!! Still a lot to play for and I think this team will respond and finish this season out strong

Go App
I agree with your post but it always rubs me the wrong way when people talk about "wanting it more" or "we didn't give enough effort" .. Do you really think this team didn't want it? Did you see the effort by the receiver during that last fluky interception? Just salty that's all. That's the thing with FBS, rarely is there a chance for redemption. Glad we are here but want a shot at them again

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:09 pm

boonetown1 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:45 pm
CornCobPipes wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:40 pm
Tackle that put Thomas out was flagrant and they get no holding calls and call holding on Big V when he did NOT hold
This. That was probably the one call that pissed me off the most. The bastard close lined Thomas when he was being tackled.
Yes, and not only that he swung at him again with the other arm that missed after the cllothesline proving the intent.
KICK ASS!!!

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:11 pm

Boonegoon wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:08 pm
Appstate3481 wrote:

Go App
I agree with your post but it always rubs me the wrong way when people talk about "wanting it more" or "we didn't give enough effort" .. Do you really think this team didn't want it? Did you see the effort by the receiver during that last fluky interception? Just salty that's all. That's the thing with FBS, rarely is there a chance for redemption. Glad we are here but want a shot at them again
I actually think they did. Obviously effort and hustle are hard to measure, but they sure passed the eye test. I also tend to think the fact that they fumbled 3x and recovered them all is indicative to how hard they fought to beat us.
YNWA

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:13 pm

Sloan and Lunsford grinning tonight especially Sloan
KICK ASS!!!

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:14 pm

We have been boasting about our depth but in the spots we lost tonight we don't have it yet.
KICK ASS!!!

Boonegoon

Unread post by Boonegoon » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:15 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:11 pm
Boonegoon wrote:
Appstate3481 wrote:

Go App
I actually think they did. Obviously effort and hustle are hard to measure, but they sure passed the eye test. I also tend to think the fact that they fumbled 3x and recovered them all is indicative to how hard they fought to beat us.
Well, you know what they say about opinions...

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:17 pm

App91 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:58 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:00 pm
This post is ridiculous. GS has played a great game and us being ranked doesn’t matter. If we were a deserving top 25 team, we wouldn’t be getting hammered.
This no excuses because this is what we brought and the effort given. Save for defense total team embarrassment
We were laughed at all night long and couldn’t do anything about it. Our only hope was that GS would get too tired from all the dancing. You are what your record says you are, and right now we are in 3rd place in the Sun Belt East.
If ZT doesn’t stay healthy and Satt stays with Derrick, we will lose to Coastal and Troy.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:17 pm

Boonegoon wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:15 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:11 pm
Boonegoon wrote:
Appstate3481 wrote:

Go App
Well, you know what they say about opinions...
Hahaha
YNWA

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:19 pm

I previously thought PD was a better runner than what I saw.

Huesman I knew the better arm but that didn't pan out neither but I would have given him his shot at the start of second half instead of fourth quarter. I know Scott was thinking game presence and reason for PD returning after half.
KICK ASS!!!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:19 pm

hapapp wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:51 pm
We got outplayed in every facet of the game tonight. The losing side always claims it was their mistakes that cost them the game. Well, yeah...the team that commits the fewer mistakes usually wins. GS took advantage of our mistakes, we failed to take advantage of our early opportunities. On the first series, GS shanks the punt, we have the ball at midfield and do nothing (of course, Zac injury was an impact). We block a punt and get no points out of that. Let's face it, they won the line of scrimmage. You can complain about the officials but that's what losers usually do. The game wasn't close. I know it hurts, especially for you folks that pounded your chest beforehand but no whining changes the outcome.
No argument. We got our ass kicked. Every facet of the game, coaching to waterboy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”