Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Lasting image

hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Lasting image

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:15 pm

Let's stop looking for reasons to be insulted. I see nothing wrong with the coach doing this in his team's locker room.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:28 pm

hapapp wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:15 pm
Let's stop looking for reasons to be insulted. I see nothing wrong with the coach doing this in his team's locker room.
Agreed with this, the locker room is a private place to celebrate with the team. But the head coach during the game on the sideline cutely shrugging when all Satt was doing was getting his backup QB some reps in case he has to start next week is unprofessional. If Satt were to do act like this on the sideline I'd be fine calling him out too.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:30 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:28 pm
hapapp wrote:
Agreed with this, the locker room is a private place to celebrate with the team. But the head coach during the game on the sideline cutely shrugging when all Satt was doing was getting his backup QB some reps in case he has to start next week is unprofessional. If Satt were to do act like this on the sideline I'd be fine calling him out too.
Then do it in private, don't publicize it.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:57 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:41 pm
Have you guys seen the video of Lunsford beating up a chair with the App logo on it and body slamming it?

This is not how a coach acts. Act like you've been there before. I guess it is cute that they get so riled up about about winning one out of four and 5 out of the last 16. This was their super bowl.
Being upset about this reaction to hosting and beating the crap out of a top 25 team, is admitting we weren't really a top 25 team. I don't know how many top 25 teams GaSo has ever beaten, but I bet they won't still be talking about it eleven years from now.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:58 pm

hapapp wrote:
and it worked

jaradbrown
School: Georgia Southern

Unread post by jaradbrown » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:47 pm

I admit that I don't keep up with a lot of pop culture so I could be wrong on this, but I took the shrugging of shoulders from coach as frustration more than showing off. He had been dunked with the Gatorade bucket and the game was over. The play previous to that one there was a tackle made that should have/ could have ended the game. Satt called a time out to prolong the game and try to get more points on the board. Then he called a passing play that was incomplete. At this point there is 10 seconds on the clock. Coach is just ready to shake hands and feet his players off the field so no one gets unnecessarily hurt in garbage time. He looks at his assistant as of to say "what are they doing?". He would never do it, but he should have pulled everyone of his players off the field and just y'all walk one in. No need to get injuries so y'all can get practice reps. The last 10 seconds of that game against our walk ons isn't the time to practice. Practice can be done in Boone. I personally thought Satt was frustrated and acted out of character when he called the timeout. You play to the final wistle though I guess and maybe that was the message he was sending his team... Who knows. Either way I don't think coach was showing off, just ready to get off the field and to elbow dropping some steel chairs. Glad the state of our rivalry is healthy and I can't wait to get to Boone in 19. Hope you guys win out. We'll do our best to do the same.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:48 pm

hapapp wrote:
If I recall, our pre-game hype video showed a clip of our guy picking up and body slamming a mannequin with a GS uniform on. I suspect that was some nice locker room material and their chair video was a little extra post-game trolling.
YNWA

App91

Unread post by App91 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:55 pm

The Rock wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:10 am
The image that keeps running through my head today was Lunsford and fat assistant coach in the background, and the players continually shrugging into the camera like they are Steph Curry/Jordan.
Counting down the days until they come to our house when we can knock that stupid shrug off of them.
Kinda reminds me of the one opposing team in 'Friday Night Lights' But hey, there is one sure way to stop this-Just Win

TurfMonkey

Unread post by TurfMonkey » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:06 pm

Kind of honored it meant that much to them for the win. One of the reasons
I love College Football. Great rivalry. Over the loss. They were better.
I couldn't see any way we could have won that game (hindsight).
Not giving up on a Sun Belt title yet.
Couple of crazy Saturdays, never know what the end may be

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:11 pm

TurfMonkey wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:06 pm
Kind of honored it meant that much to them for the win. One of the reasons
I love College Football. Great rivalry. Over the loss. They were better.
I couldn't see any way we could have won that game (hindsight).
Not giving up on a Sun Belt title yet.
Couple of crazy Saturdays, never know what the end may be
I did actually think to myself while I pouted on the couch “when irrelevant teams get beat, the opposition doesn’t rush the field”. So I like your point. That was clearly a big time win for Georgia Southern, which also shows what we mean to them.
YNWA

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:21 pm

Cam does his showboating for personal attention. No doubt about that. The psychologists would say he displays a false confidence. I say he is just very immature. I want the Panthers to win and I think his immaturity is holding them back. I prefer winning football over any entertainment value. But I am and old guy and coached at the high school level for 40 years which means little. I would tell a kid to use the 10 seconds he is showboating to get back to the huddle (especially when teams want to go, go, go now), save his energy and get his head on the next play, down and distance, time and score. I would rather a leader be a type like John Unitas or Y. A. Tittle or Joe Montana or others the younger crowd has never known. But I realize that is asking way to much nowadays. ... Just my opinion.

MountaineerMafia

Unread post by MountaineerMafia » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:31 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:48 pm
hapapp wrote:
If I recall, our pre-game hype video showed a clip of our guy picking up and body slamming a mannequin with a GS uniform on. I suspect that was some nice locker room material and their chair video was a little extra post-game trolling.
Not trolling in this case. He's been doing the chair thing (stolen from wrestling) since he became head coach. He's even gone into some frat houses and got them fired up by doing it with them. Harmless fun and hey, we didn't stop them from doing it so more power to them.
“I never lie to any man because I don’t fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid” ~ John Gotti

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:40 pm

The Rock wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:51 am
The more coverage GSU got on its “traditions” last night and the more the announcers slurped on all things GSU, made me even more proud if App, who we are, and the people we have from the player, to coaches and all staff; even on the midst of a loss.
The showering the team with beer and other actions that were highlighted last night made GSU come off as Redneck and classless, and I would hate to see App depicted that way.
Last night sucked, but I am still very proud of App.
They had a lot of good things to say about App as well. Said we were one of the best if not the best G5, if someone slipped up we might be playing on NYE. As the game wore on we just gave them less and less to “slurp” on from our side. We played poorly and had some really bad breaks.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:02 pm

Jarad Satt was getting reps for a backup that may have to start next week to build his confidence. It’s called coaching.

jaradbrown

Unread post by jaradbrown » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:56 pm

Yeah it's clear that was what he was doing. Our coach just didn't like the fact that he was doing it. Kind of a waste if you ask me. What are 2 plays against our mom up crew really going to do for them in your next game? You got ten days to prepare for the beach chickens. He was just trying to prolong the game to try and put garbage points on the board. It was bush league to call that time out and risk injury to his players and ours for a game that was over. Our coach shrugged as if to say "what are they doing". It wasn't Cam Newton style showboating.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:09 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:02 pm
Jarad Satt was getting reps for a backup that may have to start next week to build his confidence. It’s called coaching.
Sometimes there is no next week-this was one of those times. Fire all your bullets-losing is not an option.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:48 am

jaradbrown wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:47 pm
I admit that I don't keep up with a lot of pop culture so I could be wrong on this, but I took the shrugging of shoulders from coach as frustration more than showing off. He had been dunked with the Gatorade bucket and the game was over. The play previous to that one there was a tackle made that should have/ could have ended the game. Satt called a time out to prolong the game and try to get more points on the board. Then he called a passing play that was incomplete. At this point there is 10 seconds on the clock. Coach is just ready to shake hands and feet his players off the field so no one gets unnecessarily hurt in garbage time. He looks at his assistant as of to say "what are they doing?". He would never do it, but he should have pulled everyone of his players off the field and just y'all walk one in. No need to get injuries so y'all can get practice reps. The last 10 seconds of that game against our walk ons isn't the time to practice. Practice can be done in Boone. I personally thought Satt was frustrated and acted out of character when he called the timeout. You play to the final wistle though I guess and maybe that was the message he was sending his team... Who knows. Either way I don't think coach was showing off, just ready to get off the field and to elbow dropping some steel chairs. Glad the state of our rivalry is healthy and I can't wait to get to Boone in 19. Hope you guys win out. We'll do our best to do the same.
Nope. The players had been doing it all game. On Wednesday night Steph Curry went off for 50 points in 3 quarters of play and at one point when he went by his bench, He shrugged just like Michael Jordan did when he was on fire one night; it was covered all over the media outlets on Thursday. It was 100% in reference to this, not a reaction to Apps timeout.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:17 am

Let them have this moment in the sun. It’s there first win over us in 4 years. We have dominated the last decade and lead the all time series. They may get ranked next week, but it won’t be before we did it.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:40 am

jaradbrown wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:56 pm
Yeah it's clear that was what he was doing. Our coach just didn't like the fact that he was doing it. Kind of a waste if you ask me. What are 2 plays against our mom up crew really going to do for them in your next game? You got ten days to prepare for the beach chickens. He was just trying to prolong the game to try and put garbage points on the board. It was bush league to call that time out and risk injury to his players and ours for a game that was over. Our coach shrugged as if to say "what are they doing". It wasn't Cam Newton style showboating.
You are clueless.

jaradbrown

Unread post by jaradbrown » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:22 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:40 am
jaradbrown wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:56 pm
You are clueless.
Clueless in the fact that y'all have 10 days to prepare for coastal? Clueless in the fact that calling time out in a running clock with 10 sec left in a 27 point game "for practice" is a weak move for by a frustrated coach? Clueless in that sending his players back out there so your third string qb could get some "game reps" probably made him feel some sort of way? I'm sure the players doing it were proud of their performance... And it may have been a play on that After seeing it all game. But I think being older, and a coach who probably had no clue what shrugging shoulders meant, he was doing it more literally than the players. But I also know I could be wrong. Either way doubt it will be a lasting impression... At least not more than the scoreboard 10 sec before the final whistle.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”