Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Lasting image

The Rock
School: Appalachian State

Lasting image

Unread post by The Rock » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:10 am

The image that keeps running through my head today was Lunsford and fat assistant coach in the background, and the players continually shrugging into the camera like they are Steph Curry/Jordan.
Counting down the days until they come to our house when we can knock that stupid shrug off of them.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Re: Lasting image

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:59 am

The Rock wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:10 am
The image that keeps running through my head today was Lunsford and fat assistant coach in the background, and the players continually shrugging into the camera like they are Steph Curry/Jordan.
Counting down the days until they come to our house when we can knock that stupid shrug off of them.
He's a fucktard. All kinds of fuckery in Statesboro.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:30 am

If it were up to me, I’d put pictures of that shrug, the field rush and the showboating toward our sidelines as time wore down in the weight room. This is a taste that doesn’t brush out, for a year nor should it be. I hope the 2019 game is blessed with an early season snow storm, and we stomp a frozen mud hole in the iggles and walk it dry.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:34 am

It's funny how showboating by the opposition is some mortal sin but ok when our guys strut or wag a finger. GS earned the right to showboat a bit by virtue of the beat down they gave us.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:41 am

hapapp wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:34 am
It's funny how showboating by the opposition is some mortal sin but ok when our guys strut or wag a finger. GS earned the right to showboat a bit by virtue of the beat down they gave us.
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining. They earned the right. It’s up to us to do something about it the next time the opportunity avails itself.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:43 am

AppinVA wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:41 am
hapapp wrote:
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining. They earned the right. It’s up to us to do something about it the next time the opportunity avails itself.
And I agree, it should serve as motivation.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:33 am

hapapp wrote:
This. Our team plays cocky as hell. We can’t complain when but when someone bitch slaps the hell out of us. If you’re gonna be cocky you better back it up.

I’m a panthers fan so I reminds me of Cam. Anytime we get beat all those dudes mock Cam.
YNWA

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:35 am

ah59396 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:33 am
hapapp wrote:
This. Our team plays cocky as hell. We can’t complain when but when someone bitch slaps the hell out of us. If you’re gonna be cocky you better back it up.

I’m a panthers fan so I reminds me of Cam. Anytime we get beat all those dudes mock Cam.
That's what I liked about Ali. He would run his mouth, then backed it up!!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:24 am

ah59396 wrote:
hapapp wrote:

Anyway Stephon Brown can get on Cam’s workout plan? Cam Newton is a walking talking anomaly. I was watching that Under Armour segment showing Cam’s extreme workout and how his trainer was saying he only has 4% body fat. Unless you have seen him in person, it’s hard to understand what kind of physical freak he is. It was funny on Sunday watching him going out on that reverse to lead block and the defender just ran behind him instead of trying to go through. That was a business decision....
The Appalachian State

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:30 am

appstatealum wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:24 am
ah59396 wrote:
hapapp wrote:

Anyway Stephon Brown can get on Cam’s workout plan? Cam Newton is a walking talking anomaly. I was watching that Under Armour segment showing Cam’s extreme workout and how his trainer was saying he only has 4% body fat. Unless you have seen him in person, it’s hard to understand what kind of physical freak he is. It was funny on Sunday watching him going out on that reverse to lead block and the defender just ran behind him instead of trying to go through. That was a business decision....
Cam is a god-man and we are mere mortals in his wake. I hope he saves me from my football misery this weekend.
YNWA

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:35 am

hapapp wrote:
Don’t know if I have seen our players act like that, especially this year; but I have never seen our coaches act like that. Looks unprofessional and Busch league IMO.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:41 am

The Rock wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:35 am
hapapp wrote:
Don’t know if I have seen our players act like that, especially this year; but I have never seen our coaches act like that. Looks unprofessional and Busch league IMO.
This 100%. Players should be cocky. They are kids playing a game. Seeing the coach do that I thought reflected poorly on them. But oh well. C’est la vie.
YNWA

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:51 am

The more coverage GSU got on its “traditions” last night and the more the announcers slurped on all things GSU, made me even more proud if App, who we are, and the people we have from the player, to coaches and all staff; even on the midst of a loss.
The showering the team with beer and other actions that were highlighted last night made GSU come off as Redneck and classless, and I would hate to see App depicted that way.
Last night sucked, but I am still very proud of App.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:59 am

The Rock wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:51 am
The more coverage GSU got on its “traditions” last night and the more the announcers slurped on all things GSU, made me even more proud if App, who we are, and the people we have from the player, to coaches and all staff; even on the midst of a loss.
The showering the team with beer and other actions that were highlighted last night made GSU come off as Redneck and classless, and I would hate to see App depicted that way.
Last night sucked, but I am still very proud of App.
Interesting, I felt the opposite. It seemed really blue collar to me and it came across as like “we don’t need anything flashy to get out there and get after it”. I still hate them and think they are all inbred, but at least they’re industrious inbreds.
YNWA

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:05 am

I think App is definitely a blue collar team with a blue collar hardworking mentality, but we don’t need to be sprayed with PBR on our way to the stadium to encourage us to play hard

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:26 am

I hate to say this and can only await the criticism that will follow, but: when we finally get a little national attention going INTO a game (as was the case when we hosted Miami) we lay an egg.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:37 am

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:26 am
I hate to say this and can only await the criticism that will follow, but: when we finally get a little national attention going INTO a game (as was the case when we hosted Miami) we play an egg.
I agree with this 100%. I will always appreciate our Michigan win, but we’ve become a novelty. We are this plucky little team from the mountains that knocked out the big guy once.

We had a chance to finally shake that and establish ourselves as a legitimate FBS program and all we did was prove to everyone that we’re just the team that beat Michigan a decade ago.
YNWA

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:45 am

I don't like the strutting and posing when the opponent does it or when we do it. Reeks of "look at me" in a team sport. I like a Vince Lombardi attitude - "If it don't help us win, don't do it. Stay with the game." But that's not entertaining enough for the next generation.

On Cam. I'm a Panther fan but can't stand his antics. QB has to lead. He misses too many open receivers or they have to reach for the ball and bail him out with a great catch or the catch takes them out of position to gain yards. The Redskins went after him. Upset him. Why? They were tired of his Superman $&1+ and his strutting. Name one other QB leader in the league that does that. And then he dresses to show off for the interviews. Just lacks leadership ability. The Panther staff and all staffs need to do more work on teaching leadership skills. With his God given ability, he could be one of the top QBs in the league.

Just my opinions. Everybody has them.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:41 pm

Have you guys seen the video of Lunsford beating up a chair with the App logo on it and body slamming it?

This is not how a coach acts. Act like you've been there before. I guess it is cute that they get so riled up about about winning one out of four and 5 out of the last 16. This was their super bowl.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:51 pm

Antics-
Aaron Rodgers
Kirk Cousins
Matt Ryan (add in the filthy mouth)
Tom Brady is a huge trash talker on the field

Just to name a few. Cam does it in his own way and has redefined the position. People forget that football is not life and death, it is entertainment. I’d argue Cam is one of the most entertaining players in the NFL. I don’t mind the antics, as long as it is not directed towards opposing players. Have fun, that’s what it is. The Barry Sanders “hand the football” to the ref was boring. I was never a trash talker/showboated type of player when I played sports, but I never knocked those that were. I used to love Smitty for the same reasons, he would let you know when he lil boy’d you. Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Kobe..... some of the biggest trash talkers and showboaters of their time. Love it. A lot of people find reasons to hate Cam, he is a big kid having fun playing the game he loves. His personality and style aren’t anything I’m about, but I don’t knock him for it, because there is nothing wrong with it. His heart is bigger than 99% of the professional athletes out there. The other night, he wa sgoing around Charlotte giving clothes and food out to homeless folks. It was not broadcast with NFL films following him around, people just saw him doing it and it made its rounds on social media. He does stuff like this all of the time and a lot of it goes uncovered because he is not doing it for attention. Believe what you want, but facts are facts.
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”