Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Troy or Stink?

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: Troy or Stink?

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:01 pm

There is snow in the forecast for Thurs. We can hope.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:47 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:26 pm
I know the “one game at a time” posts are obligatory, but LOL at Georgia State being a trap game. As if the wizard coach Elliott has some mystical insights into us (that he apparently neglected to employ last year when he had a better team).

We win by three TDs, minimum.
I always look forward to playing Georgia State. It’s a perennial opportunity to stick it to Charlie Cobb. Of all the games I want to run up on points to happen, it’s against them.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:54 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:01 pm
There is snow in the forecast for Thurs. We can hope.
Saturday is supposed to be the nicest weather day this week..... Unfortunately..
The Appalachian State

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:09 am

EastHallApp wrote:
I know the “one game at a time” posts are obligatory, but LOL at Georgia State being a trap game. As if the wizard coach Elliott has some mystical insights into us (that he apparently neglected to employ last year when he had a better team).

I think you're absolutely right about the probable outcome for this game but this game is actually a classic trap game situation. It would be a classic trap game even without the prospect of hosting the conference championship on the line, add that into the mix and it's going to take extra focus for our guys. Troy only beat these guys by 17 and Troy is clearly the one of the top 2 teams in the Sun Belt. I don't think Elliot is a wizard by any stretch...but I would say he knows our program and Satterfield's tendencies pretty well. Again, we should beat these guys handily if we have our key guys on the field but we need them to focus on Ga State before thinking about what could happen next week and I'm sure Satt & Co are all over that.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:37 am

Our Defense... If our team can score more than 7 points, we win!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:49 am

Rick83 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:09 am
EastHallApp wrote:

I think you're absolutely right about the probable outcome for this game but this game is actually a classic trap game situation. It would be a classic trap game even without the prospect of hosting the conference championship on the line, add that into the mix and it's going to take extra focus for our guys. Troy only beat these guys by 17 and Troy is clearly the one of the top 2 teams in the Sun Belt. I don't think Elliot is a wizard by any stretch...but I would say he knows our program and Satterfield's tendencies pretty well. Again, we should beat these guys handily if we have our key guys on the field but we need them to focus on Ga State before thinking about what could happen next week and I'm sure Satt & Co are all over that.
I agree that we should beat these guys pretty easy. I don’t know that we can compare Troy’s margin of victory to our outcome and make any sort of determination on how that will play into how we will play Troy. Different days, different circumstances will yield different outcomes. But let’s get this one and move on.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:03 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:49 am
Rick83 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:09 am
EastHallApp wrote:

I agree that we should beat these guys pretty easy. I don’t know that we can compare Troy’s margin of victory to our outcome and make any sort of determination on how that will play into how we will play Troy. Different days, different circumstances will yield different outcomes. But let’s get this one and move on.
The point of my post was discussing that this Ga State game is a classic trap game. A "trap game" is a game in which the stronger team (us) plays a weaker team (Ga State) the week before a bigger game (the Troy game). The "bigger game" in this instance determines directly which one of us is not just appearing in, but hosting the first ever Sun Belt conference championship game. The reason I mentioned Troy's margin of victory over Ga State is to bring up that Troy (the class of the Sun Belt along with us) didn't totally obliterate them even though they have a horrible record. In my lowly opinion this week's game is a classic trap game that should not be taken lightly. We see "stronger" teams fall almost every week to "weaker" teams.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Totally agree with your assessment and I got ahead of myself. I didn’t mean to assume the you were putting a benchmark on what we should win by. Some on here do though. It was totally unfair of me attach that thought to you post. Apologies.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:46 am

Looking to be in the low 40's for the G State game. Is that cold enough for them to mail it in? They seem to fold pretty easy in cold temperatures, just not sure that is cold enough. Can we get this moved to night time? It will surely be in the 30's come sundown.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:53 am

In regards to our GaSo game, anytime you are negative 5 in turnovers, you are going to lose. You can overcome 2 or 3 sometimes, but rarely 5. Rain had an impact, loss of starting QB had an impact and losing ILB along with QB limited our ability to overcome the 5 turnovers. Plus, it was GaSo's superbowl, so they were playing above their means. They are a decent team, but not as good as they seemed to be after defeating us. We are a legitimate top 30, top 25 team, and any other teams in that range would have lost to Georgia Southern with those circumstances.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:45 am

Can't wait to get up to The Rock this weekend. Hopefully the place will be rockin'. Here's hoping I'll be making the trip up the mountain 3 consecutive weekends!!!!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:59 pm

People always talk about coaches who "know our (Sat's) tendencies." The truth is that anyone who has watched more than two App games over the past year knows our tendencies. We're a run first conservative team about 90% of the time. When needed, we will pass to set up the run, but we generally do the opposite. People have stacked the box against us for years but rarely have they managed to stop it. Bottom line is that the vast majority of the time, when App loses (at least within conference or amongst peers), it's because App didn't execute. It is GREAT to be back in control of our own destiny

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:07 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:46 am
Looking to be in the low 40's for the G State game. Is that cold enough for them to mail it in? They seem to fold pretty easy in cold temperatures, just not sure that is cold enough. Can we get this moved to night time? It will surely be in the 30's come sundown.
Forecasts I'm seeing are saying low 50s for the game.

appfan83

Unread post by appfan83 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:35 pm

Never mind the temp, just thump heads and kick their booty's !!!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:04 am

hapapp wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:07 pm
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:46 am
Forecasts I'm seeing are saying low 50s for the game.
#FakeForecasts

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”