Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Bowl Eligible along with:

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Bowl Eligible along with:

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:27 am

83 other teams.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppSt94

Re: Bowl Eligible along with:

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:41 am

What’s your point?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:49 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:41 am
What’s your point?

Just stating a fact. On the plus side, I'm ecstatic that we will be in our 4th bowl game since we have been in FBS. Aren't you?
Google SUX

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:13 am

Low effort troll job.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:18 am

Cline’s still butthurt that the last day he was satisfied with the direction of athletics at Appalachian State University was November 16, 2004.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

diehardapp18

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:24 am

Maybe his point is that if we want to make sure we get an invite we need to win some more games?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:32 am

NO.2 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:13 am
Low effort troll job.

Did you not read my follow up, No.2?

"Just stating a fact. On the plus side, I'm ecstatic that we will be in our 4th bowl game since we have been in FBS. Aren't you?"
Last edited by NewApp on Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:35 am

AppinVA wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:18 am
Cline’s still butthurt that the last day he was satisfied with the direction of athletics at Appalachian State University was November 16, 2004.

Bovine, feces, Richmond App (the screen name you used to post under)! I love the direction we have taken; it's just that it has priced my family and me out. I've attended 12 games in person since we moved up and watched all but two and listened to the others on WBC FM 97.3.
Google SUX

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:06 am

NewApp wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:35 am
AppinVA wrote:

Bovine, feces, Richmond App (the screen name you used to post under)! I love the direction we have taken; it's just that it has priced my family and me out. I've attended 12 games in person since we moved up and watched all but two and listened to the others on WBC FM 97.3.
Not pretending that I know you financial situation, nor is it my business to tell anyone how to spend their discretionary income, but how did it price you out?

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:04 am

NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

Yep, Cline, I used to post under RichmondApp, before I moved away from Richmond and changed my handle when we moved to this board. You switched handles (for the fourth or fifth time, right BeachBum...err...295xxxx) to give yourself rep points. Too, you gave yourself up only after you gave away some distinctive tells.

If you love the direction we’ve taken, you have a funny way of showing it. Most who are excited — especially since no other team NONE has ever become bowl eligible in their first four years of bowl eligibility — show their excitement and appreciation with, well, excitement and appreciation. You, however, show your “excitement” for our guys, and our school, with a double helping of snark. And you get a “who, me?” attitude and get defensive when you’re called on it.

I’m calling you on it.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:04 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:27 am
83 other teams.
And there are about 45 teams that would kill to be in our shoes right now.
YNWA

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:19 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:04 pm
NewApp wrote:
83 other teams.
Including some notable P5's

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:25 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:04 am
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

Yep, Cline, I used to post under RichmondApp, before I moved away from Richmond and changed my handle when we moved to this board. You switched handles (for the fourth or fifth time, right BeachBum...err...295xxxx) to give yourself rep points. Too, you gave yourself up only after you gave away some distinctive tells.

If you love the direction we’ve taken, you have a funny way of showing it. Most who are excited — especially since no other team NONE has ever become bowl eligible in their first four years of bowl eligibility — show their excitement and appreciation with, well, excitement and appreciation. You, however, show your “excitement” for our guys, and our school, with a double helping of snark. And you get a “who, me?” attitude and get defensive when you’re called on it.

I’m calling you on it.

Call out all you want, Richmond App. Beach Bum was an opposite sort of thing because I hate the beach. As to not using Beach Bum after that time, I lost my password and had to change handles. You interpret snark erroneously. The ONLY time I use snark is in relation to our opponents.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:25 pm

appstate77 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:19 pm
ah59396 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
83 other teams.
Including some notable P5's

Very true.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:39 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:06 am
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

Not pretending that I know you financial situation, nor is it my business to tell anyone how to spend their discretionary income, but how did it price you out?
AppSt94. Primarily because I adopted a young man at 6 months old who is no blood relation to me. He is now 13 years old and is a big App fan and goes to most games with me.. Have never received any government assistance for him. He is now in orthodontic braces which will cost me approximately $6,000 over a three year period. In addition, I am saving monthly for his college education, should he choose to do so (I'm hoping he will) but he struggles in school at present. As far as discretionary income...I have none except for App related things. I no longer can afford to contribute to Yosef, but I have a life insurance policy with the ASU Foundation as beneficiary. It is a 250 mile round trip for me to Boone and have to stay in a dumpy motel In North Wilkesboro for us to break the travel down. When we played Wake in Kid Brewer, it was the first Wake game out of the 23 times we played them due to financial considerations that I was unable to attend.

Not a sob story at all, but I hope it answers your question.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:41 pm

ah59396 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
83 other teams.
Totally agree, ah59396
Google SUX

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:49 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:39 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

AppSt94. Primarily because I adopted a young man at 6 months old who is no blood relation to me. He is now 13 years old and is a big App fan and goes to most games with me.. Have never received any government assistance for him. He is now in orthodontic braces which will cost me approximately $6,000 over a three year period. In addition, I am saving monthly for his college education, should he choose to do so (I'm hoping he will) but he struggles in school at present. As far as discretionary income...I have none except for App related things. I no longer can afford to contribute to Yosef, but I have a life insurance policy with the ASU Foundation as beneficiary. It is a 250 mile round trip for me to Boone and have to stay in a dumpy motel In North Wilkesboro for us to break the travel down. When we played Wake in Kid Brewer, it was the first Wake game out of the 23 times we played them due to financial considerations that I was unable to attend.

Understood and I appreciate the candor. Raising teenagers is expensive. I have two of em, one in college and one starting next year. Just finished braces for the third one recently so I know that isn’t a small obligation either. I know you would like to indulge his fandom for App, but the home, love, and guidance that you are providing for him is more valuable to him.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:56 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:49 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:39 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

Understood and I appreciate the candor. Raising teenagers is expensive. I have two of em, one in college and one starting next year. Just finished braces for the third one recently so I know that isn’t a small obligation either. I know you would like to indulge his fandom for App, but the home, love, and guidance that you are providing for him is more valuable to him.
Thanks for your understanding, 94. It sounds like you understand. Just for information, this is my third time around. I sent a son to App from 1986 until 1990. He is grown now and has a son of his own. In addition I raised by daughter to be an app fan, but she chose UNC-C primarily because of location, but has three boys who are App fans. One a freshman in high school, one who is a senior in high school and the other a sophomore in college.
Google SUX

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:57 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:25 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:04 am
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

I’m calling you on it.

Call out all you want, Richmond App. Beach Bum was an opposite sort of thing because I hate the beach. As to not using Beach Bum after that time, I lost my password and had to change handles. You interpret snark erroneously. The ONLY time I use snark is in relation to our opponents.
Yeah, okay.

Who, me?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:02 pm

No, AppinVa (Richmond App), not you, the opponents we play and have played on the field. And the rep points was just in fun to show how absurd the rep thing was a farce. There were cronies on there who were giving each other rep points even when they were contradicting each other.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”