Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Texas State game coverage?

APPRIDE
School: Appalachian State

Re: Texas State game coverage?

Unread post by APPRIDE » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:32 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:02 am
APPRIDE wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:57 pm
and if they now burn the shirt it could be that if he’s that good and going to the bigs then there may be an understanding he’s not staying for 4 more years after this...do the next 3 seasons at full tilt and go pro...
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Are you seriously suggesting that he is that good that he may go pro early? 1) We haven't seen him play but a handful of snaps in garbage time against a beaten, bad, FCS team. 2) We haven't seen him carry the load in a single game, and 3) when was the last time we ever had someone of the quality and talent to leave early? Just because the coaches like what they have, doesn't make him NFL ready as an 18 year old who is biding his time until he can get paid. It would be nice if you were right but let's see him against some real talent for a full season before we get ahead of ourselves.
Nope, nope and nope...but possibly ;)

I was talking directly to the point AppinVA made “If Peoples is as good as everyone thinks, he will be NFL ready without the redshirt year.” I do agree with this...and IF Peoples does not redshirt this year and then plays 3 solid years for us, he would not be “leaving early” at that point...BUT he would have 25% less wear and tear and chance at injury if he has a legit shot at being highly drafted.

My original point stands that I do not understand why we used 25% of Peoples allowed redshirt games on 1 series in garbage time at an away game. I AM NOT SAYING THE COACHES ARE WRONG TO HAVE DONE IT...I simply do not understand why with possibly 3 out of 4 big games left this season that he could contribute in and still not burn the shirt...one reason COULD BE they plan to play him the final 4 games (if we have that many, we at least have 3) and burn the shirt because Peoples may have a goal to only play 3 more years and leave App State ON TIME, not “early”, in order to achieve his NFL dream, which I hope he has...
I am also not saying we will need him in the remaining games, I just thought we were saving him as an X factor, a not so secret weapon, that their would be limited film on to prepare for...

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:59 pm

I think, and this is just a guess on my part, but I think the reps are meant to give some game speed action. That is the biggest adjustment for incoming freshmen. I don’t think Peoplesis in the plan for exteded use this year.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:27 pm

Unless we have more injuries, then Peoples will be red-shirted, as originally planned. I think we need to pump the brakes on him being NFL ready...LMAO!!!

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:09 pm

JMappfan5 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:27 pm
Unless we have more injuries, then Peoples will be red-shirted, as originally planned. I think we need to pump the brakes on him being NFL ready...LMAO!!!
I don’t think anyone said he was NFL ready. Only that he might be in 4 years instead of 5.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”