Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Kansas State 'regularly' does not send bowl rings to players who have transferred

mtnjax
School: Appalachian State

Kansas State 'regularly' does not send bowl rings to players who have transferred

Unread post by mtnjax » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Posting here since the article mentions both Heath and Sutton. Sounds like Snyder won't be around much longer with the way he's running that program.

Thanks for the letting Heath and Sutton find their way to the mountain, though! We sure do appreciate them!

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-kansas- ... 36854.html

WataugaMan

Re: Kansas State 'regularly' does not send bowl rings to players who have transferred

Unread post by WataugaMan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:32 pm

They'll get their bowl rings this season.

AppinVA

Re: Kansas State 'regularly' does not send bowl rings to players who have transferred

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Indeed they will. And hopefully a conference championship engraving will be on it as well.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:13 pm

Nepotism is always bad. People of otherwise impeccable character fall victim to its insidious ways. I don't know if Snyder is of impeccable character, but I assume he must have done some things pretty well to have kept his job for 27 years.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:25 pm

CVAPP wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:13 pm
Nepotism is always bad. People of otherwise impeccable character fall victim to its insidious ways. I don't know if Snyder is of impeccable character, but I assume he must have done some things pretty well to have kept his job for 27 years.
He has won regularly, which is something nobody has been able to do before he got there — so bad that they would’ve envied Western Carolina’s football history. I’m not lying. They had the worst record in all of of college football before he arrived in Manhattan. In fact, they could go undefeated for something like the next ten years, and still not be .500 all-time. So, Bill Snyder can do whatever he wants, and they’ll be okay with it.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:52 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:25 pm
CVAPP wrote:
the

He has won regularly, which is something nobody has been able to do before he got there — so bad that they would’ve envied Western Carolina’s football history. I’m not lying. They had the worst record in all of of college football before he arrived in Manhattan. In fact, they could go undefeated for something like the next ten years, and still not be .500 all-time. So, Bill Snyder can do whatever he wants, and they’ll be okay with it.
This has an eerily familiar ring to it. It's a story of a highly successful, but 70ish-elderly college coach who has his son on the coaching payroll...

I believe the message for the elder Coach Snyder is careful now, nothing lasts forever. Nothing. Not even in Kansas.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:47 pm

Am I misunderstanding something? Why would you give a bowl ring to someone not on your roster anymore? Or are they talking about players who transferred in? My senior mind may be wavering again - hep me!

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:51 pm

Maybe it just hit me. So these are rings for players that played in the bowl, then transferred, and then the rings come in and they don't get one. Is that it? .... Oh ye of still sharp minds, revel in the present for someday ye may not ....

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:17 pm

asu66 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:52 pm
AppinVA wrote:
CVAPP wrote:
the

This has an eerily familiar ring to it. It's a story of a highly successful, but 70ish-elderly college coach who has his son on the coaching payroll...

I believe the message for the elder Coach Snyder is careful now, nothing lasts forever. Nothing. Not even in Kansas.
I was thinking along the same lines.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:55 am

asu66 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:52 pm
AppinVA wrote:
CVAPP wrote:
the

Little dig at Jerry Moore, eh?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Woodstovegang

Unread post by Woodstovegang » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:18 pm

Class act for years but loses class in the end due to petty anger of not keeping talent. Worked hard to keep Sutton from any type of transfer then punishes the young man for being an individual. No class to end a career.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:30 am

They got rings now!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:34 am

Glad Domo and Sutton get two Rings! It’s great to be a Mountaineer!
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:24 am

We're not in Kansas anymore are we ?

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:49 pm

On the bright side, Heath and Sutton should be each getting a nice new pair of rings after this season...something those on the KSU roster won't be getting this year.

(Or would they combine the SBC and NO Bowl titles into one?)

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:58 pm

Hopefully it’s two different rings
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:38 pm

1st SunBelt Chamoionship and Bowl Ring

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”