Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

This is big

The Rock
School: Appalachian State

This is big

Unread post by The Rock » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:01 am

I know most of us already know this, but for anyone who may not...

Next weeks game is big! App has the opportunity to not only play in the Sunbelt’s first ever championship game, but to host it.
A few short weeks ago, it seemed our season’s goal was out of reach, but thanks to GSU patting themselves on the back for beating us two weeks in a row, we now have destiny in our control.

Troy is undefeated in conference play; and though their game with Texas state seemed like a boring one, our game with them should be an epic battle.
This is the most important game we have played in a while. Please try to make it to Boone next weekend and get loud. Support the team. Enjoy the moment. Be a part of history.
BEAT TROY!

MAD Doctor

Re: This is big

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:19 am

Agreed. Saturday is the kind of game you hope for as a fan. It’s time to re-assert our true home field advantage. Eat your Turkey with the fam on Thursday and do your shopping on Friday, but get to the game if at all possible on Saturday.
Be loud, stay until the END, and if the weather gets rainy and nasty, just get louder. Don’t buy that Troy is injured or that that they barely beat Texas State or lost to Liberty- they are undefeated in the conference. This may likely be our closest game since Penn State and will define our season. I truly believe our fans are the greatest. This year we have traveled well and our team has responded. Let’s be ready to give OUR all at OUR house for Appalachian State on Saturday and make history!!
GO APP!

kickass143

Unread post by kickass143 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:58 am

Talk about meaningful football games! This one has that same feeling you experience when the undefeated #2 seed travels to your place to take on your #1 seed high school alma mater on a cold late November Friday except on an Appellacious scale! I love that win and advance excitement of the game and I go to the game fully believing that I can make a difference with my loud and unwavering support of my team!!! I'm very glad we are FBS but this one has that blue collar, get the job done or hit the couch next week vibe that I loved with the FCS playoff games! Bring it Troy and APPNATION lets represent no matter our numbers Saturday night!!!!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:44 am

Biggest home game since ..... or ever ?

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:22 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:44 am
Biggest home game since ..... or ever ?
Probably the biggest home game since we beat the Furmies (sans Ritchie Williams) to advance to our first National Championship game in Dirty Nooga!

WarApp

Unread post by WarApp » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:28 pm

Troy was sandbagging yesterday vs. Texas State. Didn't play some banged up guys who could have played and tried not to show much. Saturday will be a flat-out war - they are very good, Brown is an excellent coach, and they're going to throw some stuff out there that they haven't shown much of.

Need to pack Kidd Brewer -- does the school keep the dorms open over Thanksgiving break? I can't remember from my student days. If not, they need to open them back up Friday night, Saturday morning at the latest. Every effort needs to be made to encourage students to come back for this game.

Yosef77

Unread post by Yosef77 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:49 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... spartanntp

Article in MSN News feed about the top 10 games during rivalry week. You have the usual suspects of Alabama vs Auburn, Florida vs Florida State and Michigan vs Ohio State but then 3 of the games mentioned are G-5 matchups including our.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:52 pm

If you aren’t fired up for this game, or choose to shop instead of coming to this game, the black and gold does not run deep in your blood. My whole week will revolve around the anticipation of this game. I guess I need to sip some wild turkey and honey all week to ensure my pipes are nice and clear for yelling on Saturday.
The Appalachian State

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:53 pm

Anyone missing the environment of FCS playoff games should get a fix the next week hopefully two.....with more on the line.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”