Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

The heft of App State's matchup with Troy being met with 'business-like' focus from the Mountaineers

87ASUgrad
School: Appalachian State

The heft of App State's matchup with Troy being met with 'business-like' focus from the Mountaineers

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:10 am

Good one from Ethan Joyce, Winston-Salem Journal - "The heft of App State's matchup with Troy being met with 'business-like' focus from the Mountaineers"

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/asu/t ... t=headline

Beat Troy!!
Give Em Hell!!

Budman2154

Re: The heft of App State's matchup with Troy being met with 'business-like' focus from the Mountaineers

Unread post by Budman2154 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:29 am

Good article by Ethan! Its a shame the Charlotte Observer doesn't give us and for the most part any NC team any coverage. They tend to have a love fest with the chickens in Columbia. Average around 9 articles a day in the sports section. What a waste !

McLeansvilleAppFan

Re: The heft of App State's matchup with Troy being met with 'business-like' focus from the Mountaineers

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:54 am

I don't mind a paper running articles of local interest. Charlotte sells papers in Boone but the real regional paper seems to be W-S Journal. Financially it may benefit App State to be part of the Charlotte TV market compared to the smaller Triad TV market but it would be nice to have complete buy-in from all the media in a market and print, TV and radio covered the same area.

Boone is in the Winston-Salem print media market but Charlotte TV market based on the TV choices on cable the last time I looked.

I am sure Charlotte sells plenty of papers in Rock Hill and communities south of the state line and therefore the pull of covering the SC teams.

Greensboro at least carries some of Ethan's articles which is better than they did in the FCS days. It helps to have the same corporate parent, which is what is missing in Charlotte. I imagine Statesville and Hickory papers also pick up Ethan's articles.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:33 am

If this team plays focused, we beat anyone in conference.....period.
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”