Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

“All that noise, noise, noise, noise!”

MAD Doctor
School: Appalachian State

“All that noise, noise, noise, noise!”

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:01 pm

Thought the Grinch quote was appropriate. :mrgreen:
After the game, Coach said that App Nation made a big difference in the game. It was great to hear all the noise on every down, and you could just see the defense drawing energy from it.
Next Saturday, let’s just see how loud the Rock can get!
BTW, thumbs up to the STATE side. You guys sounded awesome last night!

ASU-FTW

Re: “All that noise, noise, noise, noise!”

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:00 pm

I agree, definitely the loudest it’s been all season and it led to some false starts as well. I wish we didn’t HAVE to play the piped in music after every damn play though. It’s bush league and distracts the crowd from becoming louder.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:38 pm

Please not the piped in music conversation again....
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:04 pm

Haha the piped in music was amazing! My 66 year old dad was bobbing his head and surprised me by knowing all the lyrics to Mobamba

tnave94

Unread post by tnave94 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:09 pm

:!:
APPdiesel wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:38 pm
Please not the piped in music conversation again....
Ahhhh yes, can’t wait for these takes again. *Grabs popcorn*

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:19 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:04 pm
Haha the piped in music was amazing! My 66 year old dad was bobbing his head and surprised me by knowing all the lyrics to Mobamba
can’t tell if the sarcasm font is on in your post? but actually, I thought the piped in music was noticeably spot on and well done yesterday! Every choice fit in perfectly at the time it was played to get the crowd going

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:32 pm

No sarcasm other than my dad knowing Mo Bamba but yes the music was really good! I also liked the noise meter that was on the video screen that was awesome!

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:43 pm

The piped music hasn’t really bothered me this year, but I did notice several times yesterday that the music was kinda forced, and trying to fire up the crowd, having the opposite effect in my opinion.

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:33 pm

That was the loudest that we have been in a very long time I thought. We need to be even louder this weekend. Also, please quit starting the APP - STATE chant when we have the ball. We need to be quite then and save our voices to be loud as hell when they have the ball. STATE!!!
Give Em Hell!!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:45 pm

In my section it seemed we were on our feet and yelling when we were on defense regardless of the down...only sat when we had the ball...even stood quietly at times when we had the ball. The enormity of the game just seemed to warrant standing...it was awesome. CANNOT wait for Saturday!! It's gonna be even bigger, louder and crazier!! You'd have to literally tie me down for me not to be there! If i'm not there at The Rock Saturday go ahead and initiate a missing person report because something really bad has happened...

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:06 am

I heard a lot of "WHUUUT ARE YOU DOOOOING SAAAAATTERFIELDS!?" (after running it on 3rd and 2, among other no-brainers) on Saturday and couldn't help but laugh. The most uneducated fans are often the loudest.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:09 am

We need the same energy in KBS again this weekend! LaLa talking alot of smack in the media. GO APPS!!! RING GAME!!!

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:23 am

I thought this thread would be about Kenny Chesney lyrics, was disappointed. 8-)

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:25 am

NO.2 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:06 am
I heard a lot of "WHUUUT ARE YOU DOOOOING SAAAAATTERFIELDS!?" (after running it on 3rd and 2, among other no-brainers) on Saturday and couldn't help but laugh. The most uneducated fans are often the loudest.
There was some drunk guy to my left in 212 who yelled that on a continuous basis. Even my boys commented how stupid he sounded.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:04 am

I know the argument about piped-in music has been beaten to death. I don't have any problem with it except in one instance. Before the first kickoff, while the band was still making its way into the stands, they played "We Ready" over the loud speakers. I loved it. My amped level was off the charts. But then, when they played it again before every subsequent kickoff, it became repetitive. I know it's been said before, but BRING BACK BUGLER'S DREAM!!!

I also heard a lot of "WHAT ARE WE DOING!?" including from my wife. I explained to her, loud enough for the whining bro-bros in front of us to hear, that when you have a run game as strong as App's, you want to keep forcing it down their throats. Eventually they will break, and we'll have a big gain, as well as milking the clock.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:16 am

NO.2 wrote:
Are you in 205? Sounds like the two know-it-all's behind us screaming at Satt all game long.

If they read this board. PS. Satt can't hear you and nobody else wants to.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:25 am

MrCraig wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:04 am
I know the argument about piped-in music has been beaten to death. I don't have any problem with it except in one instance. Before the first kickoff, while the band was still making its way into the stands, they played "We Ready" over the loud speakers. I loved it. My amped level was off the charts. But then, when they played it again before every subsequent kickoff, it became repetitive. I know it's been said before, but BRING BACK BUGLER'S DREAM!!!

I also heard a lot of "WHAT ARE WE DOING!?" including from my wife. I explained to her, loud enough for the whining bro-bros in front of us to hear, that when you have a run game as strong as App's, you want to keep forcing it down their throats. Eventually they will break, and we'll have a big gain, as well as milking the clock.
I am always humored by those that are quick to criticize Satt when he knows more about our players, the other team's players and the opposing coaches tendencies from studying game film for hours and hours and hours. Not to mention his knowledge of the game itself and I'll admit that I'll express frustration sometimes when a play doesn't work but sometimes our players don't execute well or the other team just makes an athletic play or guess right about what we're going to do. Also, they only have so many seconds to call a play and get it signaled in and the right players on the field for that particular play.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:20 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:16 am
NO.2 wrote:
Are you in 205? Sounds like the two know-it-all's behind us screaming at Satt all game long.

204, but I'm sure they're all over the place.

I've noticed that it tends to be the people who buy a one-off ticket and not the regulars who are there for most games.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:24 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:04 am

They did play Bugler's dream once or twice. I thought it was funny because the student section didn't know to do the tomahawk during it.

CharlotteApp

Unread post by CharlotteApp » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:27 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:16 am
NO.2 wrote:

I’m right there with you. 205 was full of coaches on Saturday.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”