Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

“All that noise, noise, noise, noise!”

MrCraig
School: Appalachian State

Re: “All that noise, noise, noise, noise!”

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:33 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:24 pm
MrCraig wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:04 am
I know the argument about piped-in music has been beaten to death. I don't have any problem with it except in one instance. Before the first kickoff, while the band was still making its way into the stands, they played "We Ready" over the loud speakers. I loved it. My amped level was off the charts. But then, when they played it again before every subsequent kickoff, it became repetitive. I know it's been said before, but BRING BACK BUGLER'S DREAM!!!

I also heard a lot of "WHAT ARE WE DOING!?" including from my wife. I explained to her, loud enough for the whining bro-bros in front of us to hear, that when you have a run game as strong as App's, you want to keep forcing it down their throats. Eventually they will break, and we'll have a big gain, as well as milking the clock.
They did play Bugler's dream once or twice. I thought it was funny because the student section didn't know to do the tomahawk during it.
I could vaguely hear them play it once. And this has probably been asked before, but why is the band on the same side of the stadium as most of the fans?

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:38 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:16 am
NO.2 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:06 am
I heard a lot of "WHUUUT ARE YOU DOOOOING SAAAAATTERFIELDS!?" (after running it on 3rd and 2, among other no-brainers) on Saturday and couldn't help but laugh. The most uneducated fans are often the loudest.
Are you in 205? Sounds like the two know-it-all's behind us screaming at Satt all game long.

If they read this board. PS. Satt can't hear you and nobody else wants to.
This is great. Might try this next time I'm around a screamer.

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:39 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:33 pm
MrCraig wrote:
I know the argument about piped-in music has been beaten to death. I don't have any problem with it except in one instance. Before the first kickoff, while the band was still making its way into the stands, they played "We Ready" over the loud speakers. I loved it. My amped level was off the charts. But then, when they played it again before every subsequent kickoff, it became repetitive. I know it's been said before, but BRING BACK BUGLER'S DREAM!!!

I also heard a lot of "WHAT ARE WE DOING!?" including from my wife. I explained to her, loud enough for the whining bro-bros in front of us to hear, that when you have a run game as strong as App's, you want to keep forcing it down their throats. Eventually they will break, and we'll have a big gain, as well as milking the clock.
They did play Bugler's dream once or twice. I thought it was funny because the student section didn't know to do the tomahawk during it.
I could vaguely hear them play it once. And this has probably been asked before, but why is the band on the same side of the stadium as most of the fans?

I think the band is on the "home" side because we don't have the temp bleachers in the endzone, and the small student section that used to be in the "away" side is now gone.
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:48 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:33 pm
MrCraig wrote:

The band was supposed to sit on the east side, in the section closest to Miller Hill this year. But according to band administration, athletics "forgot about that change" and sold the tickets to that section again this year, because of no temp bleachers, so they had to place them in the student section.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:13 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:06 am
I heard a lot of "WHUUUT ARE YOU DOOOOING SAAAAATTERFIELDS!?" (after running it on 3rd and 2, among other no-brainers) on Saturday and couldn't help but laugh. The most uneducated fans are often the loudest.
LOL, you must have been speaking of the guy at the end of our row in section 212. He was constantly yelling that and had no concept of burning the clock with a 2 score lead and a great defense. At least he was making some noise...or in the words of Thornton Mellon, "He really cares".

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”