Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Pass the Hat to Keep the Visor!

AppUSMC
School: Appalachian State

Pass the Hat to Keep the Visor!

Unread post by AppUSMC » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:11 am

We dodged a bullet with UNC taking Mack Brown. More will come for Satterfield and our assistants.

Can we now take a chance to really reflect on how important App football is to everyone on this board and push hard to recruit more for the Yosef Club. Our fan base simply must increase donations to keep the upward momentum going. Maybe then we can push salaries up to AAC and top C-USA levels. At the very least we should be the top of the Sunbelt.

Satterfield is huge piece of our success and we shouldn’t be resigned to the idea that any P5 program can just swoop in and steal him from us. So pass the hat to keep the visor! Donate today!

Here’s the competition:

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

Coach Sat’s salary should be over a million to be competitive, and no, I’m not related to him in any way, lol!

AZAppGrad

Re: Pass the Hat to Keep the Visor!

Unread post by AZAppGrad » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:22 am

Amen! Not only for coach Satt but for his assistants too!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:29 am

Well said AppUSMC. You are spot on. We can all make a difference by contributing more to the YOSEF club. It's kind of sad that we only have 3,400 members with like 100K living alumni. A lot of small donations can add up and make a difference.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:31 am

Everyone who is not a YOSEF Club member please join. Even it is at the $25 level. Gerald Adams grew the club donations tremendously after the run of Nat Championships and through the transition to FBS. That upward trajectory is still present, but it has flattened.

Appalachian State should be fully funding student athletic scholarships.

I for one am very pleased that the tickets for the Sun Belt Championship were priced so low (I am guessing that the conference may have set the pricing). Season tickets with the YOSEF donation is expensive. I have three children at AppState and my fourth just graduated. I usually drive up three hours and return the same day or I camp at Price Park to save $$$ so that I can buy the season tickets and make the YOSEF donation.

Think of treating family/friends to a $25 YOSEF membership for Christmas this year and/or a gift of season tickets next year for your family. It is a gift of time and fellowship in a day and age when most of really don't need a physical item gift from anyone.

Go! Fight! Win Apps!

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:35 am

Rick83 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:29 am
Well said AppUSMC. You are spot on. We can all make a difference by contributing more to the YOSEF club. It's kind of sad that we only have 3,400 members with like 100K living alumni. A lot of small donations can add up and make a difference.
Amen. It is surprising that we may have 35k attendance to a big game but such poor membership numbers in the athletic support arm.

If we want to be top of the G5 then this needs to grow to 5k to 10k in YOSEF Club members and we need to have 10k in annual season ticket sales. I have season tickets but with conflicts and then bad cold etc I have only been to two games. I gave the other games that I missed to family and friends some of whom are now hooked on AppState football.

weavneerfan

Unread post by weavneerfan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:39 am

Well said and yes we dodged a bullet with UNC(I went to bed worried last night...mainly because I didn't want distractions for Saturday's game). If we are continue to play competitively we have got to come off the hip with the bucks.

AppUSMC

Unread post by AppUSMC » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:45 am

I plan on doubling my annual donation next year. I’m also giving 4 family members $25 donations in their name to help our numbers. The fans on this board are die hard fans. We are ambassadors for our program. It’s on us to motivate fellow fans to join and donate. Get off the bench and into the game y’all!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:48 am

HighlandsApp wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:35 am
Rick83 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:29 am
Amen. It is surprising that we may have 35k attendance to a big game but such poor membership numbers in the athletic support arm.

If we want to be top of the G5 then this needs to grow to 5k to 10k in YOSEF Club members and we need to have 10k in annual season ticket sales. I have season tickets but with conflicts and then bad cold etc I have only been to two games. I gave the other games that I missed to family and friends some of whom are now hooked on AppState football.
Yep, and many people on this board complain about being relegated to the Sun Belt and if we're ever afforded the opportunity to join a better conference one of the things they will look at is the amount of support coming alumni and boosters. We need to step this up big time.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:10 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:31 am
Everyone who is not a YOSEF Club member please join. Even it is at the $25 level. Gerald Adams grew the club donations tremendously after the run of Nat Championships and through the transition to FBS. That upward trajectory is still present, but it has flattened.

Appalachian State should be fully funding student athletic scholarships.

I for one am very pleased that the tickets for the Sun Belt Championship were priced so low (I am guessing that the conference may have set the pricing). Season tickets with the YOSEF donation is expensive. I have three children at AppState and my fourth just graduated. I usually drive up three hours and return the same day or I camp at Price Park to save $$$ so that I can buy the season tickets and make the YOSEF donation.

Think of treating family/friends to a $25 YOSEF membership for Christmas this year and/or a gift of season tickets next year for your family. It is a gift of time and fellowship in a day and age when most of really don't need a physical item gift from anyone.

Go! Fight! Win Apps!
The Century Level should be a goal for most. $25 a quarter, that is a case of beer (or 2) each quarter. The continued bond I have with App State this long after graduating is special knowing that I contribute each year to fund this football team that has brought so many memories and good times to my life. There are 3 things that are paid without hesitation for my family- Tithes to the church, Yosef Club, and season tickets. We have experienced tough financial years in the past where we considered not purchasing our seats, but our trips to Boone have produced so many memories for my wife and kids, we have always found a way to budget for it. My son looks forward to getting on the field for the player interactions every year for 8 years- He has tons of photos with Scott and players over the last few years. He talks about that stuff non stop with friends and family. I know when he grows up, these are the things he is going to remember versus "stuff" I bought him.

Just my 2 cents......
The Appalachian State

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:20 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:10 pm
The Century Level should be a goal for most. $25 a quarter, that is a case of beer (or 2) each quarter. The continued bond I have with App State this long after graduating is special knowing that I contribute each year to fund this football team that has brought so many memories and good times to my life. There are 3 things that are paid without hesitation for my family- Tithes to the church, Yosef Club, and season tickets. We have experienced tough financial years in the past where we considered not purchasing our seats, but our trips to Boone have produced so many memories for my wife and kids, we have always found a way to budget for it. My son looks forward to getting on the field for the player interactions every year for 8 years- He has tons of photos with Scott and players over the last few years. He talks about that stuff non stop with friends and family. I know when he grows up, these are the things he is going to remember versus "stuff" I bought him.

Just my 2 cents......
I'm a big fan of monthly giving. It allows me to afford a much higher annual donation than I could make at any one time. Like you, we have our church tithe, Yosef, Appalachian Fund, and season tickets that are given. When we cut corners, we do so elsewhere. I know there are plenty of grandparents who love to buy toys and such for their grandchildren. We try to keep that to a minimum and, instead, spend time with them doing fun things ... like App football. There's nothing quite like a two year old little girl who proudly announces "Look, Grandma, I got Yosef!" as she points to her tiny App sweatshirt. But I digress ...

Donations to Yosef are truly championship investments. Look at the increasing success in most of our sports for a glimpse of what one strong program can do.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:29 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:20 pm
You nailed it! When we think about our spending, there are plenty of things we can easily cut (Starbucks people) and those seemingly "small expenses" add up quickly.

Hearing my 4 year old daughter and 8 year old son belting out "Sweet Caroline", yelling "App >>>>> State", and randomly singing "I said it's great-to-be-a Mountaineer" throughout the week brings tears to my eyes (even as I type this). My son convinced me and the other coach of our flag football team to name our team "The Mountaineers" this year (undefeated so far, by the way). Before the games I get to share the motto of "Giving your all" with the kids to get them motivated. What an awesome tradition we have as App Alums and how it transcends through life and not just football.
Last edited by appstatealum on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Appalachian State

AppRolls

Unread post by AppRolls » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:36 pm

Clemson has 17,000+ that belong to IPTAY and they are a like-sized school. We should easily be at 7500 at this point. We should all agree that anyone that regularly tailgates should be a member of Yosef at some level, so let’s start there. At each home game, there should be Yosef “ambassadors” roaming the tailgate lots with iPads and asking people to sign up. Each week they could have something to raffle off (it doesn’t matter what it is....as long at it has a block A on it) for all of that week’s new members. There are plenty of App tailgaters that are sponging off of others’ Yosef memberships - we need their $ too.

Tailgating App fans with a beer or two in them are an easy mark. We should take advantage.
Last edited by AppRolls on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:38 pm

Lord I pray Satt stays pat.

Hope Satt is truly content and driven towards building his legacy at Alma mater. Here he can build a dynasty.......enough money will come.
KICK ASS!!!

AppUSMC

Unread post by AppUSMC » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:01 pm

Every Yosef member should pledge to bring in 4 new memberships by the end of the year. That would bring us to just under 14k. If you can’t get a “quality” member, donate at the $25 dollar level for them. I’m doing that as we speak for four family member alumni that are apathetic.

Pledge to bring in four more!

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:07 pm

AppRolls wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:36 pm
At each home game, there should be Yosef “ambassadors” roaming the tailgate lots with iPads and asking people to sign up.
This has been a topic of conversation with Yosef for several years. There are two variables in getting new members - dollars and demographics. Without the demographics, the dollars don't have the same power. Yosef continues to push the university for "permission" to capture those easy dollars and data.

Remember that, unlike many larger booster clubs, Yosef is part of the much broader Appalachian Foundation which processes and oversees all donations to the university. The good news is that the Foundation has wonderful checks and balances to the donation process that result in clean audits of those funds each year. The bad news is that those checks and balances afford less flexibility in data processing.

Keep pushing for more and better technology for gift processing. One day we'll get where we want to go.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:27 pm

@AppUSMC you inspired me to donate. Great post!
YNWA

AAPP1

Unread post by AAPP1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:35 pm

AppRolls wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:36 pm
Clemson has 17,000+ that belong to IPTAY and they are a like-sized school. We should easily be at 7500 at this point. We should all agree that anyone that regularly tailgates should be a member of Yosef at some level, so let’s start there. At each home game, there should be Yosef “ambassadors” roaming the tailgate lots with iPads and asking people to sign up. Each week they could have something to raffle off (it doesn’t matter what it is....as long at it has a block A on it) for all of that week’s new members. There are plenty of App tailgaters that are sponging off of others’ Yosef memberships - we need their $ too.

Tailgating App fans with a beer or two in them are an easy mark. We should take advantage.
The only problem with comparing us to Clemson, is how long they have been that size. We are just newly 18K in students, so our alumni is still young and building a nest egg, having a family, etc. I think as the 30 something alumni base get older we will see larger donation base.

AppUSMC

Unread post by AppUSMC » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:57 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:27 pm
@AppUSMC you inspired me to donate. Great post!
Well! A tip of my hat to you friend!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:50 pm

This may already be occurring or maybe water under the bridge this football season, but is there a sign up for the Yosef Club at sporting events with multiple easy ways to transact the membership? Selling may be easier when spirits are high.
BLACK SATURDAY

AppUSMC

Unread post by AppUSMC » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:11 pm

I haven’t seen anything. I think the best way to entice people to join is to offer premium GAME TIME perks for membership, not just stickers an the stuff they mail to you. I don’t think those “perks” are effective.

For instance, give Yosef Club members exclusive access to a game time beer garden and premium food lines. It’s already done in the club seats, why not expand that concept to the cheap seats? They serve beer and wine and pretty good food up there.

Seriously, how many hundreds of people do you know that would join Yosef Club at the $100 level just to have access to premium concession stands with beer and wine?! You could post someone there to sign people up at the entrance to the beer garden.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”