Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Pass the Hat to Keep the Visor!

Appmanrcb
School: Appalachian State

Re: Pass the Hat to Keep the Visor!

Unread post by Appmanrcb » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Well said AppUSMC. We enjoyed sitting next to you and your son for them game. I hope those that aren’t members already make it happen. It can be for Satt, his assistants, but more importantly, our Student Athletes. Coaches will come and go, but the one constant will be young men like Jalin Moore, Clifton Duck, Kevin Richardson who flew under the radar and just needed a shot. We can provide that to so many young men and women. I’m like Daphne, I spread mine out over 12 months so I can give at a higher level. But anything will do. Please let any member of the Yosef club (there are plenty on this board) if you have any questions.

AppUSMC

Unread post by AppUSMC » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:17 pm

Appmanrcb wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:12 pm
Well said AppUSMC. We enjoyed sitting next to you and your son for them game. I hope those that aren’t members already make it happen. It can be for Satt, his assistants, but more importantly, our Student Athletes. Coaches will come and go, but the one constant will be young men like Jalin Moore, Clifton Duck, Kevin Richardson who flew under the radar and just needed a shot. We can provide that to so many young men and women. I’m like Daphne, I spread mine out over 12 months so I can give at a higher level. But anything will do. Please let any member of the Yosef club (there are plenty on this board) if you have any questions.
We enjoyed it as well! Thanks for letting us sit with you!

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:19 pm

AppUSMC wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:11 pm
I haven’t seen anything. I think the best way to entice people to join is to offer premium GAME TIME perks for membership, not just stickers an the stuff they mail to you. I don’t think those “perks” are effective.

For instance, give Yosef Club members exclusive access to a game time beer garden and premium food lines. It’s already done in the club seats, why not expand that concept to the cheap seats? They serve beer and wine and pretty good food up there.

S
eriously, how many hundreds of people do you know that would join Yosef Club at the $100 level just to have access to premium concession stands with beer and wine?! You could post someone there to sign people up at the entrance to the beer garden.
I agree that we are leaving money on the table by not opening up more "premium" options to more of the fanbase, but inexplicably we can't seem to get past the cups and ice equation. We have to be more progressive. These days you need more than just adding additional club seats.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:15 pm

AppUSMC wrote:
I haven’t seen anything. I think the best way to entice people to join is to offer premium GAME TIME perks for membership, not just stickers an the stuff they mail to you. I don’t think those “perks” are effective.

For instance, give Yosef Club members exclusive access to a game time beer garden and premium food lines. It’s already done in the club seats, why not expand that concept to the cheap seats? They serve beer and wine and pretty good food up there.

Seriously, how many hundreds of people do you know that would join Yosef Club at the $100 level just to have access to premium concession stands with beer and wine?! You could post someone there to sign people up at the entrance to the beer garden.
Would you kindly email this idea to Doug Gillin and Mark Libs? The more logistical specifics you can offer, the better.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:05 pm

I don't understand why we don't do like some high schools and have a very organized raffle ticket booths and give away cash prizes at the end of every quarter but with the caveat of being present to get the prize.....This would keep butts in the seats and raise money......ez peezee
KICK ASS!!!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:38 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:15 pm
AppUSMC wrote:

Seriously, how many hundreds of people do you know that would join Yosef Club at the $100 level just to have access to premium concession stands with beer and wine?! You could post someone there to sign people up at the entrance to the beer garden.
Would you kindly email this idea to Doug Gillin and Mark Libs? The more logistical specifics you can offer, the better.
Also it would be cool to have random drawings from Yosef Club members to win a chance to be on the field for a game, get a seat upgrade to the Suites, or something like that.
The Appalachian State

AppUSMC

Unread post by AppUSMC » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:46 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:15 pm
AppUSMC wrote:

I plan on it.

ASU85Grad

Unread post by ASU85Grad » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:34 pm

Another area to help raise funds in the long run, is wills. Not sure if the Yosef club goes this route, but if thirty years ago App had an aggressive campaign to be left, say 5% of an estate, by now money would be coming in. Most orginizations do not ask for this money.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:15 pm

ASU85Grad wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:34 pm
Another area to help raise funds in the long run, is wills. Not sure if the Yosef club goes this route, but if thirty years ago App had an aggressive campaign to be left, say 5% of an estate, by now money would be coming in. Most orginizations do not ask for this money.
Yes! Yosef accepts bequests ... and gladly! They're also set up to accept gifts of appreciated stock. The university has an 1899 Legacy Society that honors all those who have included App in their estate plans, regardless of the size of the bequest. I can tell you from having been part of those Legacy Society luncheons each year that those who have made bequests to Yosef are a fair portion of the attendees. We can always use some help in spreading the word on these other ways to give.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:36 pm

I like Satt! Pass that hat!
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

AppUSMC

Unread post by AppUSMC » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:49 pm

We’ve got to get our coach’s salary to a million to even have a chance in this league.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:32 am

In addition to some mentioned good ideas, I will say again we need to have an established/organized conaistent raffle ticket system that pays out cold hard cash prizes at end of each quarter! That would eventually catch on like wild fire.
KICK ASS!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”