Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Peoples

The Rock
School: Appalachian State

Re: Peoples

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:23 am

I don’t think Harrington’s injury will be an issue next year unless he re-injures something. If his health was a question at all, he wouldn’t be playing now, especially when we don’t really need him at the moment.
By the time next spring, and especially next fall rolls around his knee shouldn’t Factor in to playing time at all.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:32 am

Anyone heard about Peoples' catching ability? Just thinking of possible 2 RB sets (Evans and Peoples) and being able to put both in WR positions. Just given his 6'2" height might be a good setup to confuse and keep the D's guessing.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:41 am

biggie wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:32 am
Anyone heard about Peoples' catching ability? Just thinking of possible 2 RB sets (Evans and Peoples) and being able to put both in WR positions. Just given his 6'2" height might be a good setup to confuse and keep the D's guessing.
Never saw much of that in his film, but it appears he was used a lot as a return man, so he probably has good hands. I'm picturing him now attempting to be covered by a LB at that height. Yikes
The Appalachian State

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:43 am

appstatealum wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:41 am
biggie wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:32 am
Never saw much of that in his film, but it appears he was used a lot as a return man, so he probably has good hands. I'm picturing him now attempting to be covered by a LB at that height. Yikes
Exactly, speed and height could cause match up issues. Probably want him coming out of backfield though to get the better matchups.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:20 pm

Have not seen anywhere on here mentioning blocking. I dont care how good the RB, he ain't seeing the field if he cannot pick up a blitz. I am not saying this about Peoples, i have no idea, have not seen him in practice.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:54 pm

App91 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:20 pm
Have not seen anywhere on here mentioning blocking. I dont care how good the RB, he ain't seeing the field if he cannot pick up a blitz. I am not saying this about Peoples, i have no idea, have not seen him in practice.
This is important, but it seems we rarely use a RB in blocking. They are typically getting the handoff or rolling out in the flat.
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”