Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Stephon Brown dismissed

appstatealum
School: Appalachian State

Re: Stephon Brown dismissed

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:02 am

The Rock wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:49 am
appstatealum wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:42 am
biggie wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:46 am
That's a shame. Too many talented people wasting opportunities (Price was the biggest one to me).
It would be hard for any kid to top the utter crash and burn of one Sean Price. He is our version of Josh Gordon..... minus the New England comeback.
This kid had NFL opportunity written all over him and he can’t stay out of trouble for 2 years in Boone.
Complete waste of talent.
I was thinking about him a couple weeks ago and tried to see what he was doing now, but the only information I could find was from his time at App.
I just rewatched some of his highlight reels, my goodness this kid was a freak talent! I speak to kids a lot through coaching and community projects around Charlotte, I’ll remember to use him as one of my examples of wasted talent. I always spend a few minutes talking about discipline off the field, Company you keep, and watching what you put on social media. It’s sad to see kids throw everything away like Sean did.....
The Appalachian State

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:11 am

I wonder if we have a Freshman babysitter to help these kids manage the stress of class, workouts, social issues and expectations.....While most seem to handle it it seems to me that this is a needed responsibility.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:27 am

We do have babysitters on campus. It's called safe places.........
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:42 am

GregPercussion wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:09 am
hapapp wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:05 am
Based on Satt's comments I think it was more than just no longer BMOC that was the problem.
Agreed. It's a shame, but if they aren't in the "AppState mindset" and willing to wait their turn and put the work in, ON TOP OF other issues like academics and discipline. It's time to leave.
I believe there would be a positive correlation between discipline, academics, and the Mindset that you speak of. Without one of the three, the other two will also fail. Either the author of the article left some other information out to frame the story, or Scott sounded like he was at the end of his rope with Brown. My guess would be missed practices, skipping class, not completing work, and possibly other issues. The problem here is that going somewhere else won't fix any of the three factors that go into being a successful student athlete. He was close to home, on full scholarship, and would be given the opportunity to compete each offseason. He knew he was being Redshirted so I doubt that was the issue here.

There is a reason, other than roster limits, that he didn't travel and suit up at Coastal.

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:42 am

Boy. If Satterfield wanted to burn bridges that would do it. Don’t see it but the thought I’m sure has crossed minds. This is in response to what someone had posted about Satt letting him go only to pick him up at Louisville or Purdue.

GoBoone

Unread post by GoBoone » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:49 am

Apple@chin1 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:07 pm
This explains a lot!
Yep. This was coming.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:53 am

I thought Price was going to be the next Quick.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:55 am

Appalachian football has a policy of not taking transfers who aren't eligible to return to their current program. Satterfield is a HIGH integrity coach and I can't imagine him doing it differently at his next school. Anyone who believes he would release a player from App and then pick him up at his next school is prone to conspiracy theories and obviously doesn't know anything about SS.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:58 am

I have looked over the years , nothing.What a waste , coulda been ....

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:00 am

Apptrain wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:42 am
Boy. If Satterfield wanted to burn bridges that would do it. Don’t see it but the thought I’m sure has crossed minds. This is in response to what someone had posted about Satt letting him go only to pick him up at Louisville or Purdue.
I don't see where anyone posted that, and speaking only for myself, I don't think that thought would have ever crossed my mind. Doesn't make any sense.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:07 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:00 am
Apptrain wrote:
I don't see where anyone posted that, and speaking only for myself, I don't think that thought would have ever crossed my mind. Doesn't make any sense.
I saw it earlier.... I think the person that posted it decided to delete it as it was intended as sarcasm.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:35 am

What a shame. Too bad for Mr. Brown. Hope he can get it together and move on.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:43 am

appstatealum wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:45 am
Knowing that Lamb was graduating, he probably came in with the mindset that he would be the starter. Zac earns the job and now he has to take a backseat and earn his shot. These types of situations can define you as a player and a leader. Undoubtedly, it seems like he struggled with this adversity.
See Jalin Moore as an example of how to handle this situation. If you are good, prove it and you will get your shot.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:46 am

ericsaid wrote:
GregPercussion wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:09 am
hapapp wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:05 am
Based on Satt's comments I think it was more than just no longer BMOC that was the problem.
Agreed. It's a shame, but if they aren't in the "AppState mindset" and willing to wait their turn and put the work in, ON TOP OF other issues like academics and discipline. It's time to leave.
I believe there would be a positive correlation between discipline, academics, and the Mindset that you speak of. Without one of the three, the other two will also fail. Either the author of the article left some other information out to frame the story, or Scott sounded like he was at the end of his rope with Brown. My guess would be missed practices, skipping class, not completing work, and possibly other issues. The problem here is that going somewhere else won't fix any of the three factors that go into being a successful student athlete. He was close to home, on full scholarship, and would be given the opportunity to compete each offseason. He knew he was being Redshirted so I doubt that was the issue here.

There is a reason, other than roster limits, that he didn't travel and suit up at Coastal.
If he’s good somebody will put up with it, just glad we don’t bend that way.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:54 am

Being a college athlete in any sport is not easy. You must make smart choices during those precious free time moments. Time management is probably one of the toughest things to figure out how to do as a college freshman. Best of luck to SB.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:12 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Apptrain wrote:
It was up under this subject for a few minutes then gone. That’s why I explained my response.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:23 pm

Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:53 am
I thought Price was going to be the next Quick.
Quick was good, but a very raw talent. Price was a more polished version of Brian with better route skills and quick feet. I think the comparison to Quick is why most of us were so disappointed in Price. Both could completely dominate a game when they had their minds set on it.

Sutton is going up against heftier competition, but he has a lot of the same qualities that they had. He knows how to separate down field and has great body control. I’d like to see him high point the ball more like Quick and Price did. I like that we do not have to “force” the ball to Corey all the time, but wouldn’t mind seeing us take shots with him more than we have recently when he has single coverage.
The Appalachian State

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:05 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:07 am
EastHallApp wrote:
Apptrain wrote:
I saw it earlier.... I think the person that posted it decided to delete it as it was intended as sarcasm.
Didn’t see the post, but if Satterfield wanted him at a different school, he could take him. He had not played this year and could start at a new school next year with the new redshirt rules

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:23 pm

The Rock wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:05 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:07 am
EastHallApp wrote:
Apptrain wrote:
Didn’t see the post, but if Satterfield wanted him at a different school, he could take him. He had not played this year and could start at a new school next year with the new redshirt rules
Exactly. Brown could have merely transferred to wherever Satt ended up if that was the intention. No need to sully a kid's reputation by dismissing him from the team when it wouldn't have been necessary to affect a transfer.

diehardapp18

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:35 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:28 am
Odd that he honored his commitment to App when he started getting P5 offers, then turn around and waste an opportunity. I hope we don't have to line up against him in the future, but hope he finds a solid landing spot and wish him well.
lol he never got a p5 offer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”