Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Official Ali Landry prediction thread

AppOrange
School: Appalachian State

Re: Official Ali Landry prediction thread

Unread post by AppOrange » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:30 pm

Distractions, weather, and a little overconfidence keeps it close

APP 27

La 21

appskiah

Unread post by appskiah » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:42 pm

APP - 28
ULL-17

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:13 pm

Asu 28

ULL 17
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:54 am

ManAboutTown wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:41 am
Longrifle28 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:34 am
Not sure how to go this week. Too many distractions for my liking. I hope the team is focused and ready to play.

Besides the seasons stats and the head to head meeting, we have six common opponents. We are 6-0 with an average score of 36-10. They are 4-2 with an average score of 36-31. If one team has to rely on defense to win this game, I would much rather have ours than theirs.

However, it is hard to beat a good team twice, and they did happen to put up 17 points on us, and they managed to hold our passing game to just over 100 yards. The distractions this week have been even worse than the distractions during Georgia Southern game week. We better be focused or we may be embarrassed.

I'm going with a hunch that our guys are hungry and we are tough on our turf but we won't cover the spread:
Longrifles 35
Longrifle Envy 20
A measured synopsis. Kudos.
While I agree the defense has struggled at times, and is still a work in progress, in three of those common opponents we were without our 2 best defensive players. While one or two players shouldn't make or break a defense, it is our reality at this point in our rebuilding process.

We held Thomas to 108 yards passing because, lets face it, he's not very good in the air. It's the truth. We were able to load the box and cover your WRs man to man outside. That will happen again. One thing that will not happen again, is you guys stifling our offensive attack. We've gotten back a key weapon, and we've executed at an extremely high level since the Troy game. We just flat out did not play well last time around, and we were still in the game until the end.

Unfortunately for App, your coach is gone. You have a few nagging injuries at key positions. As you've mentioned, the distractions are adding up.
I know man about town is no longer with us, but it appears he was full of bs. How good of a team are we that we can beat you twice in a season, by about the same score, with all the distractions, not playing our best game......
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”