Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Lack of Local TV Coverage (WSOC)

ASU_BrewCrew
School: Appalachian State

Lack of Local TV Coverage (WSOC)

Unread post by ASU_BrewCrew » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:29 pm

We noticed WBTV is in Boone covering the weather for this Saturday’s conference championship game, but not even a mention of the game from WSOC. The wife sent a message to their FB inbox (copied below). Wonder if she’ll get a response? Doubt it.

“WSOC......in case you haven’t noticed, our local APP State football team are the 2018 Sunbelt Eastern Conference champions and are playing for the Conference title at Kidd Brewer Stadium, in Boone on Saturday. This is a big game and will determine whether their bowl game is in New Orleans or Orlando on Dec 15th. Show some support for our team. My point is, there are more games being played this Saturday other than the ACC game - which is all you’re mentioning. How about showing some support for the Mountaineers who have been bowl eligible for the last 3 years since moving up to the FBS and have won all of their bowl games and earned the Sunbelt Championship title the last 2 years. . WBTV is currently at Kidd Brewer Stadium providing weather updates for this weeks game. We have also noticed them in Alabama for the bowl games in recent years.”

WXAPP

Re: Lack of Local TV Coverage (WSOC)

Unread post by WXAPP » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:34 pm

We've been on it... Sports Night has covered it this week.
Twitter: @wxcrum

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:46 pm

WSOC hasn't covered anything all year. At least on the news I saw after the Penn State game they didn't even mention us going to OT. I've watched every 11:00 broadcast this year when App has played and even the Tuesday night game didn't get any coverage. WBTV, WCNC, and WCCB have each done much better with at least mentions if not actual game footage.

appaneer1984

Unread post by appaneer1984 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:49 pm

App State gets no coverage in the Triangle either...not WRAL, not WBTV, not WCNC, not News & Observer
I just come for what peace I can find | The spirit ever lingers in a song | And the mountain's gonna sing this song for me |Rock me off to sleep

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:53 pm

firemoose wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:46 pm
WSOC hasn't covered anything all year. At least on the news I saw after the Penn State game they didn't even mention us going to OT. I've watched every 11:00 broadcast this year when App has played and even the Tuesday night game didn't get any coverage. WBTV, WCNC, and WCCB have each done much better with at least mentions if not actual game footage.
The Charlotte media is going to wait 10+ years for the 49ers to be relevant [cough] . Atleast the biggest sports radio station, WFNZ, gives us solid coverage- more so the last two years..... But would always acknowledge what we were doing prior to that. The afternoon show has been great about covering App since Bailey joined the station.
The Appalachian State

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:07 pm

I think WBTV gives us a lot of love. They show King Street almost every morning via resort cams. John Carter in the morning is one of our biggest fans and often sports an App tie and displays and App mug. There are several other App alums at the station as well. Of course their one drawback is Delano Little who is a Stink grad.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:10 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:07 pm
I think WBTV gives us a lot of love. They show King Street almost every morning via resort cams. John Carter in the morning is one of our biggest fans and often sports an App tie and displays and App mug. There are several other App alums at the station as well. Of course their one drawback is Delano Little who is a Stink grad.
He claims it? Bless his heart....
The Appalachian State

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:29 pm

At WBTV Chris Larsen reps frequently. Having made that observation, WSOC's Dave Feherty seems to be the best for covering Hickory - Catawba Valley news. I suppose it's like everything else, nothing is perfect.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:33 pm

WGHP Fox just talked quite a bit about our Championship game.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”