Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Today could be L-Day

appstatealum
School: Appalachian State

Re: Today could be L-Day

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:42 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:11 pm
I don't like this type of uncertainty around our job. I'm use to knowing who our coach will be and them leaving to retire or getting fired. We haven't fired a coach in a long time (technically JM was not fired) so honestly if Satt stays this has to stop.

I either want him to go or announce that we have agreed to making his buyout in the 3-5M range over the next 5 years or something to prevent this "will he or won't he go" and media articles of "Satterfield is reportedly a candidate for such and such job". I want him to either be all in 100% on App and stay or just go now. There needs to be a decision today and no more speculation.

Sexton is an issue and unless Scott gets rid of him I would prefer he go to be honest. Sexton is going to do nothing but hype his clients and push them in media (which is his job) but it creates unknowns for us and this is not what App is use to. If I'm DG I would look at Scott and say either get rid of Sexton and be all in on App State or keep him and just take the first P5 offer. We want you but we don't want this whole mess where we are having to deal with this mess all the time.

Scott, if you are reading this please get rid of Jimmy Sexton and stay but if you won't get rid of him, go ahead and take the money and stop putting App through this. This does not help recruiting one bit and our great players deserve a coach to be 100% ALL IN! Yes, I know that's what Dabo says but you see how it is working at Clemson. I want everyone all in 100% on App State!
Sorry man, Sexton is not going anywhere. He is the biggest power broker in College Football and I am sure he knows what Scott’s intentions are and he is probably doing his best to get Satt in the best situation for Satt and make his 3-4% in the process.
The Appalachian State

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:46 pm

I want nothing more than for Satt to stay, but If he goes, then I hope he does not coach in the bowl. A man I follow once said that it is impossible to serve two masters. I believe this to be true.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:46 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:00 am
GlassOnion wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:57 am
Could just be trying to get Satterfield to pull the trigger more quickly.
He's too smart to fall for those type tricks.
I can guarantee-damn-tee ya his agent is too smart to fall for any of that.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:47 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:29 pm
I'm so tired of this emotional roller coaster taking away from the excitement of winning the SBC Championship and our first ever bowl trip to the Big Easy, I'm just assuming Satt is gone and if he's not then I'll be pleasantly surprised. Mountaineers in mass on Bourbon St...it's gonna be awesome!!
Yessir! I am so jacked about the place I found right off of Bourbon St. My wife and I are expecting to see plenty of Black and Gold around and toast some fellow fans at the local bars. No matter what happens with Satt, I’m going to do my best to not let it ruin my first Bowl experience. It has been over a decade since my annual trips to Chattanooga.....
The Appalachian State

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:51 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
I don't like this type of uncertainty around our job. I'm use to knowing who our coach will be and them leaving to retire or getting fired. We haven't fired a coach in a long time (technically JM was not fired) so honestly if Satt stays this has to stop.

I either want him to go or announce that we have agreed to making his buyout in the 3-5M range over the next 5 years or something to prevent this "will he or won't he go" and media articles of "Satterfield is reportedly a candidate for such and such job". I want him to either be all in 100% on App and stay or just go now. There needs to be a decision today and no more speculation.

Sexton is an issue and unless Scott gets rid of him I would prefer he go to be honest. Sexton is going to do nothing but hype his clients and push them in media (which is his job) but it creates unknowns for us and this is not what App is use to. If I'm DG I would look at Scott and say either get rid of Sexton and be all in on App State or keep him and just take the first P5 offer. We want you but we don't want this whole mess where we are having to deal with this mess all the time.

Scott, if you are reading this please get rid of Jimmy Sexton and stay but if you won't get rid of him, go ahead and take the money and stop putting App through this. This does not help recruiting one bit and our great players deserve a coach to be 100% ALL IN! Yes, I know that's what Dabo says but you see how it is working at Clemson. I want everyone all in 100% on App State!
As long as we’re successful this will keep happening, go ahead and prepare yourself. Situations like Jerry Moore rarely come around, especially in the Sun Belt.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:36 pm

ASU2012 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:15 pm
Blah, twitter starting to make it sound like he is indeed gone.

@CFBTheSearch
1m1 minute ago
More
SOURCES: The Louisville #Cardinals are expected to hire Appalachian State head coach, Scott Satterfield, as their new HC, in the coming days. More to come following #Louisville's HC search.
I just talked to someone on staff who told me Satt is indeed gone. I'm ready for them to just announce he is out the door so people out of the know can just come to terms. Gillin is already working on getting names to interview. We have a very good list of coaches with App ties, P5 recruiting experience, and have coached a lot of NFL players who will want the job.

App needs to go ahead and announce this. The reason is 100% money. Not sure what Satt will say but the only reason he is going is because of money. If App could come anywhere close to 3M like say even 2M he would not be going anywhere.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:38 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:42 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:

Sorry man, Sexton is not going anywhere. He is the biggest power broker in College Football and I am sure he knows what Scott’s intentions are and he is probably doing his best to get Satt in the best situation for Satt and make his 3-4% in the process.
I know he is not and thus when I first heard that he hired Sexton I had already mentally checked out on Satt. By hiring him he said it is all about the money and he does not love App more than getting that quick buck for the 2-4 years he will likely be at Louisville. They are going to announce he is gone tomorrow and I would imagine Gillin will have people in to interview by the end of this week or at the start of next week. App has a lot of people in line for the job who want it bad.

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:40 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:

While you're at it, why not wish for us all to be millionaires and wish for jetpacks to fly to work with?

Almost everything you've listed off is not realistic in the least? You know how a great G5 coach stops getting noticed and job offers? He starts losing. A coach WILL NOT agree to such a high buyout unless they're desperate (probably not even then) because they want to have options should they arise. We will not get a decent coach with a huge buyout like that, especially at a G5.

Also, why on earth would Scott get rid of an agent; would you get rid of an attorney if you were being sued? He's open to seeing what his very hard work is garnishing, but wanting someone else to handle the specifics so he can focus on AppState. I hope we always have to worry a little about losing our coach honestly, because that means they are doing something right and WINNING! If any of us question Satt's commitment to ASU like this post does, we don't deserve the guy. He has grown this program from the FCS to a national, FBS powerhouse; winning the Sunbelt conference with the 3rd youngest team out there. We can have lofty expectations and hate the growing pains, but lets not be unrealistic. Let's always give credit and good vibes where they are due too, and they're certainly due for Satt and his family should he decide to leave. Go Apps

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:41 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:51 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:

As long as we’re successful this will keep happening, go ahead and prepare yourself. Situations like Jerry Moore rarely come around, especially in the Sun Belt.
Yes, I know. This is why I would prefer someone who has App ties who has been in the ACC, SEC, NFL, etc who has made good money and would stay a while. I have never wanted someone like Mike Houston who you know would not stay more than 2 years. I don't mind being a place where we know that we may need a new coach in say 3-4 years but I don't want to be a place where our coach is in a "will he leave or will he stay debate" every year.

Hopefully some of the alignment that we hear may be happening will happen soon and we can get in the AAC so we can pay more money and keep people.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:41 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:36 pm
ASU2012 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:15 pm
Blah, twitter starting to make it sound like he is indeed gone.

@CFBTheSearch
1m1 minute ago
More
SOURCES: The Louisville #Cardinals are expected to hire Appalachian State head coach, Scott Satterfield, as their new HC, in the coming days. More to come following #Louisville's HC search.
I just talked to someone on staff who told me Satt is indeed gone. I'm ready for them to just announce he is out the door so people out of the know can just come to terms. Gillin is already working on getting names to interview. We have a very good list of coaches with App ties, P5 recruiting experience, and have coached a lot of NFL players who will want the job.

App needs to go ahead and announce this. The reason is 100% money. Not sure what Satt will say but the only reason he is going is because of money. If App could come anywhere close to 3M like say even 2M he would not be going anywhere.
Please don't speak for Scott. Perhaps in "your opinion" the only reason he is leaving is the money. No doubt he will get a nice raise but there could be several reasons he feels the call to go to Louisville or wherever he ends up.

This happens everywhere, we're just not used to it. Its likely not the last time we will experience this, especially if we continue to be successful.

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:42 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:

You trolling hard aren't you man?

"Join Date: December 3rd, 2018, 10:37 am"

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:47 pm

Reported on WFNZ Scott accepted UL offer.

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:52 pm

Probably true, but still see nothing official on Twitter. Congrats Coach, if so. Hate that it's Louisville but he's earned it.

roachgone

Unread post by roachgone » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:53 pm

Don’t forget about what Scott did for App. When he agreed to a recent 2 year(I think) contract extension knowing he might leave he was providing Gillin with Two more years of money for Any school hiring Scott to have to pay us to buy out his contract. Probably helped to the tune of a million $$ or so. Everyone knew he would most likely never be here that long.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:54 pm

StorminASU wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:40 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:

While you're at it, why not wish for us all to be millionaires and wish for jetpacks to fly to work with?

Almost everything you've listed off is not realistic in the least? You know how a great G5 coach stops getting noticed and job offers? He starts losing. A coach WILL NOT agree to such a high buyout unless they're desperate (probably not even then) because they want to have options should they arise. We will not get a decent coach with a huge buyout like that, especially at a G5.

Also, why on earth would Scott get rid of an agent; would you get rid of an attorney if you were being sued? He's open to seeing what his very hard work is garnishing, but wanting someone else to handle the specifics so he can focus on AppState. I hope we always have to worry a little about losing our coach honestly, because that means they are doing something right and WINNING! If any of us question Satt's commitment to ASU like this post does, we don't deserve the guy. He has grown this program from the FCS to a national, FBS powerhouse; winning the Sunbelt conference with the 3rd youngest team out there. We can have lofty expectations and hate the growing pains, but lets not be unrealistic. Let's always give credit and good vibes where they are due too, and they're certainly due for Satt and his family should he decide to leave. Go Apps
I know that he won't get rid of Sexton. That's why I am actually glad he is taking the money now and not waiting this out for one more year. Good for Scott to go get it. He realized about two years ago he could cash in and he is.

I thank Scott for what he did. My point is that when he goes he is a Louisville Cardinal and I'm going to be focused on us. I don't wish ill on Satt but I don't care if Louisville wins 5 games or 10 games every year. I'm an App State fan and will not be adding more new teams to pull for like some here suggest. When Shawn Elliott went to South Carolina and Georgia State I did not start pulling for them and won't here either.

Legit question on our coaching search. Would you prefer a hot rising name who you know won't stay or would you rather have someone who has already been a long time P5 coach that would come and stay a while because they were either here before and would like to retire here or stay a while and not chase the next big offer?

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:55 pm

StorminASU wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:40 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:

I know that he won't get rid of Sexton. That's why I am actually glad he is taking the money now and not waiting this out for one more year. Good for Scott to go get it. He realized about two years ago he could cash in and he is.

I thank Scott for what he did. My point is that when he goes he is a Louisville Cardinal and I'm going to be focused on us. I don't wish ill on Satt but I don't care if Louisville wins 5 games or 10 games every year. I'm an App State fan and will not be adding more new teams to pull for like some here suggest. When Shawn Elliott went to South Carolina and Georgia State I did not start pulling for them and won't here either.

Legit question on our coaching search. Would you prefer a hot rising name who you know won't stay or would you rather have someone who has already been a long time P5 coach that would come and stay a while because they were either here before and would like to retire here or stay a while and not chase the next big offer?

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:57 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:47 pm
Reported on WFNZ Scott accepted UL offer.
I’m listening too.... I think they are just behind on all of the Satt talk due to the dumpster fire that is Carolina Panther football. Bailey is just pulling last night and this morning’s headlines to the forefront. No new updates from what I have been checking across the net....
The Appalachian State

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:59 pm

StorminASU wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:42 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:

You trolling hard aren't you man?

"Join Date: December 3rd, 2018, 10:37 am"
Nope. I have been reading a lot time and use to post but stopped and could not find my username info from the MMB and all so made a new one. Scott is indeed gone and good for him.

Now, Satt is in the rear view mirror so we need to focus on candidates and I am 100% behind DG and believe he will make a good hire. App will do well next year. The goal should be to win the SBC and win double digit games like it has the last 3 years. There is no reason why we should not in 2019. In fact, this 2019 team will be the most talented team we ever had.

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:03 pm

This guy appears to be legit, however:

@TimSullivan714
1m1 minute ago
More
University of Louisville Athletic Association will meet at 4 p.m. Tuesday, presumably to approve a contract for Appalachian State's Scott Satterfield as U of L's new football coach.

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:10 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”