Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Next Man Up...

ASU-FTW
School: Appalachian State

Re: Next Man Up...

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:29 am

It sounds as if there is a lot of energy behind Horton. Here are my questions.

Why did he not get the job the first time he interviewed? No regrets obviously, but a question.

Why has he not held a head coaching role or at least a coordinator position during his stints at other schools?

Yosef84

Re: Next Man Up...

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:00 pm

ASU-FTW wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:29 am
It sounds as if there is a lot of energy behind Horton. Here are my questions.

Why did he not get the job the first time he interviewed? No regrets obviously, but a question.

Why has he not held a head coaching role or at least a coordinator position during his stints at other schools?
Valid questions but I would think the reason he wasn't hired the first time is fairly clear. It's because Scott Satterfield was a candidate and he had been groomed for the position for years. No idea why he hasn't had a DC role but he made a choice to coach at P5 programs including the last 11 or so seasons in the SEC. If he had remained at the FCS or even G5 level, who is to say he wouldn't have been a coordinator? I would say that a position coach in the SEC with recruiting experience is at least as good as a coordinator with limited experience in the FCS or G5. At least, I imagine that's how most see it in creating these lists.

I do wonder how good his skills would be in terms of analysis and game planning. That's where the coordinator experience would help, but maybe he's been in collaborative programs where he was very involved.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”