Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Positives...Too Much Damn Negativity

ASU-FTW
School: Appalachian State

Positives...Too Much Damn Negativity

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:23 pm

Understandably there is an abundance of uncertainty and anxiety regarding our football program at the moment. Our fanbase has not been exposed to this scenario much and we’ve been spoiled.

That being said, let’s keep in mind that where one door closes, another, or MULTIPLE doors open! Who thought we would have had the success we have had after Jerry was not brought back? Satterfield moving on could be the next best thing for our program. There are so many opportunities ahead of us, both with our future scheduling and talented roster; the future is still bright.

Let’s use this thread in order to maintain a positive mindset and not get caught up in all the doom and gloom. Feel free to add the positives from this situation here. The best is yet to come; I believe that. Keep supporting our program and encourage alumni to get involved and support our school going forward in whatever way they can.

TL/DR - It’s great to be a Mountaineer. We will be fine and continue to kick ass.

Rick83

Re: Positives...Too Much Damn Negativity

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:31 pm

Yes, we are really just now exiting our transition period with this last group of 5-year seniors who were awesome but recruited during a difficult time period. Each recruiting class has been a little bigger, stronger, and better and we've got momentum on our side. We're going to get another great coach and keep moving upward. With our current roster of talent this is the best time to transition in a new coach...and we're going to kick ass next Saturday in the Superdome baby!! Next year we'll have a great shot at a New Years Six bowl...that's the goal now with these young men we have.

ASU78

Unread post by ASU78 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:46 pm

Very well said. I’m actually excited about the next chapter and have complete confidence that DG will provide us an excellent coach.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:53 pm

Strong programs have the next man up mentality. DG will find us another leader and we will move on. The future is always bright at Appalachian State University. Great leaders/coaches leave and other great ones come in. GO APPS!!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:57 pm

I’m excited. Let’s get it Mountainneers!
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:01 pm

As I just posted in another thread:
CULTURE--Set
WINNING/SUCCESS-Already the Standard
COACHING STAFF--Successful, Talented
AD--In place with a record of improving the program
FAN BASE--Supportive and Enthusistic
FACILITIES--Solid and Improving
PLAYERS/RECRUITS--We're in Great Shape!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:05 pm

When Jalin Moore went down for good in the 5th game, his backup, D. Evans, stepped up and not only became a 1,000 yard rusher but he helped lead us to and was the MVP of the SBC Championship game...that's the type of program we have and will continue to have...that's the bar that's been set.
AND Jalin, with a broken ankle, stayed engaged with the team, leading while leaning on crutches...THAT'S our program.

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:35 pm

I thought I would be more bummed. I’m actually excited too.

Of course I’ll miss Satt and worry about our continued success, but while he is a very good coach, we have an extraordinary number of fantastic pieces still in place. It’s an attractive job, and I hope we get someone in who knows how special this place is and this program is, whether they stick around for 4 years or 40. Scott knows. Jerry knows. I hope the next guy knows.

AppRolls

Unread post by AppRolls » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:07 pm

appchicago wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:35 pm
I thought I would be more bummed. I’m actually excited too.

Of course I’ll miss Satt and worry about our continued success, but while he is a very good coach, we have an extraordinary number of fantastic pieces still in place. It’s an attractive job, and I hope we get someone in who knows how special this place is and this program is, whether they stick around for 4 years or 40. Scott knows. Jerry knows. I hope the next guy knows.
It’s different here. We all get that. I think Doug gets it as well. I’m confident that one of the criteria for our new HC is that they already have a keen understanding of how special this place is what App State Football is all about.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:08 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:31 pm
Yes, we are really just now exiting our transition period with this last group of 5-year seniors who were awesome but recruited during a difficult time period. Each recruiting class has been a little bigger, stronger, and better and we've got momentum on our side. We're going to get another great coach and keep moving upward. With our current roster of talent this is the best time to transition in a new coach...and we're going to kick ass next Saturday in the Superdome baby!! Next year we'll have a great shot at a New Years Six bowl...that's the goal now with these young men we have.
You are right. I think Satt is making a mistake on his career by doing this. We are in prime position. He had a chance to do something special but he has left us in great shape to be a NY6 Bowl team next year and I believe the right hire will indeed lead us to a special season. Unless we lose a ton of our players to transfers then I believe we will be just fine. I don't see why any would leave because we are set up for a special season. To me it takes someone who is very selfish or not very bright to want to leave and not do what is set up to happen in 2019. I have slowly seen it set up to be this.

I tell you a name I hope we bring back and that is John Mark Hamilton, if he is let go by UNC. UNC would be smart to keep him but if not I hope we could get him back and give a pay bump instead of him going to Louisville. Gillin is going to need to spend as much money as we can afford to make sure we keep some folks or attract some good ones back. Anyone who does not see what 2019 could be is blind or does not know football.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”