Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Have Fun, But Be Careful

Duggie35
School: Louisiana-Lafayette

Have Fun, But Be Careful

Unread post by Duggie35 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:28 am

I want to first congratulate the Mountaineer's on claiming the Sun Belt Conference Championship last Saturday and earning a well deserved trip to the R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl. New Orleans is a very exciting and unique city with a ton of things to see and do.

I am a life long resident of Lafayette, a Cajun season ticket holder, New Orleans Saints season ticket holder and frequent visitor to New Orleans for work and pleasure. With that said, I want to encourage App fans that will be making the trip to be cautious when in New Orleans. I suggest that you be aware of your surroundings at all times, stay in areas that have people and try not to venture out alone if possible, especially at night. If you have never been to New Orleans, try to take in as much as you can, but stay safe. I'm not trying to scare anyone because, I go there quite a bit and have a great time, but you do need to be careful.

NOTE: If you can find some time between partying and drinking, I suggest you try to visit the National World War II museum. I don't think you will regret it.

Have a great time and bring home a victory for the Sun Belt!

Apptrain
School: Appalachian State

Re: Have Fun, But Be Careful

Unread post by Apptrain » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:32 am

Thank you sir. You have a great team, also. Or mam, I shouldn’t assume.
Last edited by Apptrain on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:33 am

Duggie35 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:28 am
I want to first congratulate the Mountaineer's on claiming the Sun Belt Conference Championship last Saturday and earning a well deserved trip to the R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl. New Orleans is a very exciting and unique city with a ton of things to see and do.

I am a life long resident of Lafayette, a Cajun season ticket holder, New Orleans Saints season ticket holder and frequent visitor to New Orleans for work and pleasure. With that said, I want to encourage App fans that will be making the trip to be cautious when in New Orleans. I suggest that you be aware of your surroundings at all times, stay in areas that have people and try not to venture out alone if possible, especially at night. If you have never been to New Orleans, try to take in as much as you can, but stay safe. I'm not trying to scare anyone because, I go there quite a bit and have a great time, but you do need to be careful.

NOTE: If you can find some time between partying and drinking, I suggest you try to visit the National World War II museum. I don't think you will regret it.

Have a great time and bring home a victory for the Sun Belt!
Good looking out. Great advice when visiting any major city.
The Appalachian State

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 am

Can you tell me where " The House of the Rising Sun" is please?

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:06 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 am
Can you tell me where " The House of the Rising Sun" is please?
Hotel Villa Convento

I got a room there for me and the fam. Not a classy joint, but I’m all for roughing it to stay in a place with an incredible history and is in the heart of the French Quarter. It didn’t hurt that they were THE ONLY place in the city that has free parking.
The Appalachian State

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:11 am

I spent 6 hours in that museum and would have stayed longer but they ran me out at closing time. I will never go on Bourbon Street again. It is the most decadent place in America. Filthy, too.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:20 am

Bourbon Street takes me back to the smells of the day after a fraternity party.....cigs in beer cans.

AppRolls

Unread post by AppRolls » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:21 am

Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:11 am
I spent 6 hours in that museum and would have stayed longer but they ran me out at closing time. I will never go on Bourbon Street again. It is the most decadent place in America. Filthy, too.
Your evolution has been a quick one, Cro-Magnon. :lol:

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:22 am

Food and music are outstanding. Go in groups. Don't take back streets or alleys. Don't make eye contact with panhandlers.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:23 am

Bourbon Street takes me back to my Air Force Days while being Stationed in Biloxi, MS (Keesler AFB).

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:32 am

Had a very bad experience there in my younger days. Everyone please take heed of the good advice from our friend in LA.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:46 am

Sage advice. My wife's family is from Metarie and we were just down in June. Nawlins is a great place with unbelievable food (wear loose fitting clothes). However, do be aware of your surroundings at all times, especially near the quarter. Was on Bourbon Street Mardi Gras night, 2009. When I got home, I crossed it off the bucket list and burned the clothes and shoes I was wearing. Don't leave without sampling a crawfish Po Boy or the chickory coffee and beignets at Café du Monde! It's going to be a blast.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”