Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Mad? Lets do something about it!

Boone Goon
School: Appalachian State

Mad? Lets do something about it!

Unread post by Boone Goon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:59 am

https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1727/in ... 4&cid=3458 or appstatesports.com and click on Yosef Club

If you're not already a member of the Yosef Club, sign up today! Every pledge matters.

appaneer1984

Re: Mad? Lets do something about it!

Unread post by appaneer1984 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:07 am

Out of some 100,000 living Alumni only 3000 and change are Yosef Club members. Yosef Club brought in around $3,000,000 but App State spends around $7,000,000 a year...EVERY DOLLAR MATTERS! If you are a current club member, think about pledging out a couple years. This will help App when talking to banks and getting loans on these huge projects we are about to undertake, and it helps you! You'll receive all the points you'd accrue in that pledge time period NOW!
I just come for what peace I can find | The spirit ever lingers in a song | And the mountain's gonna sing this song for me |Rock me off to sleep

AppRolls

Unread post by AppRolls » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:25 am

This. Jerry Moore used to ask his players “What will you give up?” He was trying to teach his players that to reach great heights, you have to sacrifice.

I wish more of our alumni would sacrifice a few bucks to the YC. 3500 YC members is pathetic. Preaching to the choir on here, I know.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:44 am

Seriously.. $15 would do wonders. If you haven't joined, consider even the small donation. It does more than you think.

Ingine if the 96,000+ living alumni not currently giving would give just $15... Forego three overpriced Starbucks a year and give it to Yosef Club!
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:54 am

Honestly, it's still just super confusing, but hey I'm willing to do it. So if I set up a payment plan for let's say $500, does that automatically give me membership at the $500 dollar level in the Yosef Club? Or are the "give a gift" to the Yosef Club and membership to the Yosef Club two different things?

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:58 am

I know people get bent out of shape when people presume to know their financial situation, but there isn’t a single person reading this who can’t afford to make a meaningful contribution.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:00 am

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:54 am
Honestly, it's still just super confusing, but hey I'm willing to do it. So if I set up a payment plan for let's say $500, does that automatically give me membership at the $500 dollar level in the Yosef Club? Or are the "give a gift" to the Yosef Club and membership to the Yosef Club two different things?
yes YOu can set up a payment plan for the Yosef Club

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:02 am

If you join Yosef Club with $500, you get the perks of the $500 level. If you have questions, call Yosef club. They are great to work with!
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

3rd

Unread post by 3rd » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:03 am

I have set up a payment plan for me every year and the points are front loaded.

On this, Yosef Club is also wanting people to know they can pledge 5 years in advance and the entire 5 years points are front loaded to your account. This helps the athletic dept in many many ways not only keeping one injected into the program but when we have to go borrow money it allows us to show money is coming in.

So if you are in a position job wise where you feel you could give a pledge for a few years call and ask. Every bit helps from the smallest donors to the biggest.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:03 am

Good thread.

I recently made my annual contribution a couple days ago. Please encourage non-active alumni/Yosef Club members to donate anything.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:04 am

Yeah, amazes me how we can get 15,000 non students to these home games, yet only 3000 YC members. We need a massive campaign to get folks in at an entry level. With numbers this low, give all new members a t shirt, Yosef club sticker and A GA ticket to a non p5 home game. Once you get them, hopefully retention efforts keep a good many of them, and, as they build wealth, they can increase their gifts.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:14 am

What is the school doing to target more alumni? We have these discussions on this board often, but we can't do much on our part to reach out to the masses. Also, most on here already contribute. I would be interested to see what type of marketing techniques are being made, if the right target is being reached, and if the options are fully covered. I know some of my friends that I graduated with never contributed to Yosef, because they felt it meant they had to commit to season tickets. Which as well all know is not the case. I know Yosef Club has come a long way, but I'd be interested in knowing what methods are used.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:19 am

https://appstatesports.com/news/2018/9/ ... rship.aspx

It really is this simple. If each one of us reaches out to our college roommates and asks them to join the Yosef Club at the lowest level it would make a world of difference for our alma mater!

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:24 am

Just my two cents, but I think for most (myself included) membership becomes an afterthought because I never see it advertised anywhere at the games, never get a single piece of mail about it, etc. I understand they don't want to be invasive about asking for money, but it is truly poorly advertised. Changing that today though so my contributions become an afterthought rather than the membership.

3rd

Unread post by 3rd » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:25 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:14 am
What is the school doing to target more alumni? We have these discussions on this board often, but we can't do much on our part to reach out to the masses. Also, most on here already contribute. I would be interested to see what type of marketing techniques are being made, if the right target is being reached, and if the options are fully covered. I know some of my friends that I graduated with never contributed to Yosef, because they felt it meant they had to commit to season tickets. Which as well all know is not the case. I know Yosef Club has come a long way, but I'd be interested in knowing what methods are used.
There will be some new marketing rolling out first of the year if I remember correctly to try and help with getting correct information out. It is harder than most think because you can send all the emails/snail mail you want but I am just as guilty as everyone else that just sees it as not a bill and throws it away/deletes it. The best way is for everyone on this board to try and work on 2-3 people they know over the next year. That's how we grow the numbers. Many have already done this but if one week you have an extra ticket offer it for free to someone that joins Yosef for 25 bucks. The YC/athletic dept can only do so much, the quickest/best way for us to grow is everyone take it upon themselves as best they can do.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:23 pm

Boone Goon wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:59 am
https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1727/in ... 4&cid=3458 or appstatesports.com and click on Yosef Club

If you're not already a member of the Yosef Club, sign up today! Every pledge matters.
I am not an Alumni of App State, but I will be signing up to Donate at the lower level on Friday. Considering North Texas is paying their coach $1.4 Mmm, UAB is paying Clark something similar, and ECU agreed to pay Houston $1.3 mm, App needs to get this going to retain a quality coach each time one uses Boone as a land gap to portage to the next big pond.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:27 pm

AppOrange wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:04 am
Yeah, amazes me how we can get 15,000 non students to these home games, yet only 3000 YC members. We need a massive campaign to get folks in at an entry level. With numbers this low, give all new members a t shirt, Yosef club sticker and A GA ticket to a non p5 home game. Once you get them, hopefully retention efforts keep a good many of them, and, as they build wealth, they can increase their gifts.
Is there a Student Yosef Club? ECU has Student Pirate Club which comes, or used to, with a large number of perks including priority ticketing, expedited lines at games, shirts, stickers, promotional pricing for things, among others. Usually, when someone Graduates, their membership transitions to the standard Pirate Club, if they so wish to continue being involved.

If there isn't a Student Yosef Club that emulates what membership in the Yosef Club is like for Alumni, then you know the reason App only has 3,000 members. Assuming App doesn't have a Student Yosef Club with similar perks to the Pirate Club, App would be well advised to do something about it in order to generate interest once students Graduate. It also gins up excitement during game weeks.

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:39 pm

https://appstatesports.com/news/2017/5/ ... -club.aspx

The Student Yosef Club has been around for years. $25 and you get a t-shirt, early admission to games, and a whole lot more. Unlike the ECU version, we spell our words correctly!

Dojan

Unread post by Dojan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:39 pm

Yes. There is a student club. I am a parent of an App student (freshman). I am not an alumni but love to follow any sport program that are important to my kids.

During parent orientation they told me about the program. I signed my daughter up. I think it was $25 a year. It gives her points post graduation and some other items like a t-shirt and cup.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:55 pm

Boone Goon wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:39 pm
https://appstatesports.com/news/2017/5/ ... -club.aspx

The Student Yosef Club has been around for years. $25 and you get a t-shirt, early admission to games, and a whole lot more. Unlike the ECU version, we spell our words correctly!
I went to ECU but I grew up 40 minutes from Boone, spent a lot of time in Boone for games, school activities, and for Orchestral Concerts, Solos, among other things. There is no reason App isn't generating more interest, considering App will see more than 3,000 fans show up to New Orleans for the Bowl Game.

The question was solely based on determining how App State markets the Yosef Club. Living in GSO, I see App flair everywhere, however unlike the Pirate Club or Rams Club, I don't see anything commemorating a Yosef Club member. Surely App could buy some marketing space in the Triad and down the I85 corridor to Charlotte advertising the Yosef Club. Not sure what the ROI on billboard advertising is these days but it would accomplish multiple aspects of marketing including injecting App into areas that are traditionally filled with ACC everything.

Both NC State and UNC have billboards around exit 148 heading North/East on I40/85. I suspect a competing space with App, especially for 2019, would be wise considering the in-state attention that the UNC-App game is going to create.
Last edited by ericsaid on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”