Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

From Card Nation in peace

Raoul_Duke
School: Louisville

From Card Nation in peace

Unread post by Raoul_Duke » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:47 pm

I just wanted to pop over here for a second to tell you guys that most of Card Nation has a lot of respect for Appalachian State, both your athletics and academics. Please know that while losing out on Brohm was admittedly deflating, we are very excited and proud to have Satterfield and a not-insignificant number of us have been pulling for him (and you) for a long while. What he's accomplished in building you guys from the FCS into the FBS in such a short time is nothing short of incredible, and I've little doubt that you guys will have trouble hiring a great coach that can continue what he's started and what you've all come to expect. Having lost coaches to "bigger" programs before ourselves, know that while I know there's nothing myself or any other Card fan can say that takes away the sting, we are sincere in our camradery and friendship.

I will say this however, I read a couple of posters who belittled Louisville and referred to it as a dumpster fire. Admittedly, this season was certainly nothing to be proud of and yes, we do have a rather checkered past. I will confess, I personally did gain a certain level of amusement out of being the program people loved to hate...but please, do understand that literally everyone involved in any of that, from the University president, to the athletic director, and now both coaches with sketchy histories are all gone. We hired Coach Satterfield precisely because he's the type of man we want to rebrand ourselves with. He's a hard working, honest, good man and we're proud that he's now the face of our program. Please, do not judge us by our past but rather by the future we're trying to build; a future who's face has a work ethic and morals that were undoubtedly shaped by his time at Appalachian State.

So peace be with all of you, and I wish you all the happiest of holidays. I'll be pulling for you Appalachian State in the future, and sincerely hope and believe you'll hire someone outstanding to continue your growth and upward trajectory. For those who feel a connection to Coach Satterfield, I encourage you to join the Cardinal Family if only as fans. For those who do not, I harbor no ill will and understand and respect your resentment. Regardless, best wishes.

Yosefus
School: Appalachian State

Re: From Card Nation in peace

Unread post by Yosefus » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:24 pm

Good Luck Card Nation.

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:26 pm

This is an extremely gracious note. Take care of our favorite son. He's a good one.

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:28 pm

Raoul_Duke wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:47 pm
I just wanted to pop over here for a second to tell you guys that most of Card Nation has a lot of respect for Appalachian State, both your athletics and academics. Please know that while losing out on Brohm was admittedly deflating, we are very excited and proud to have Satterfield and a not-insignificant number of us have been pulling for him (and you) for a long while. What he's accomplished in building you guys from the FCS into the FBS in such a short time is nothing short of incredible, and I've little doubt that you guys will have trouble hiring a great coach that can continue what he's started and what you've all come to expect. Having lost coaches to "bigger" programs before ourselves, know that while I know there's nothing myself or any other Card fan can say that takes away the sting, we are sincere in our camradery and friendship.

I will say this however, I read a couple of posters who belittled Louisville and referred to it as a dumpster fire. Admittedly, this season was certainly nothing to be proud of and yes, we do have a rather checkered past. I will confess, I personally did gain a certain level of amusement out of being the program people loved to hate...but please, do understand that literally everyone involved in any of that, from the University president, to the athletic director, and now both coaches with sketchy histories are all gone. We hired Coach Satterfield precisely because he's the type of man we want to rebrand ourselves with. He's a hard working, honest, good man and we're proud that he's now the face of our program. Please, do not judge us by our past but rather by the future we're trying to build; a future who's face has a work ethic and morals that were undoubtedly shaped by his time at Appalachian State.

So peace be with all of you, and I wish you all the happiest of holidays. I'll be pulling for you Appalachian State in the future, and sincerely hope and believe you'll hire someone outstanding to continue your growth and upward trajectory. For those who feel a connection to Coach Satterfield, I encourage you to join the Cardinal Family if only as fans. For those who do not, I harbor no ill will and understand and respect your resentment. Regardless, best wishes.
I wish you all nothing but success and will be following your team with interest.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:34 pm

So hard to not be "that guy"..... Ok... I'll be that guy. May Satterfield the extinguisher to your dumpster fire.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:47 pm

I would have put Louisville in the dumpster fire category until I read and dug up a little bit about your new athletic director. Tyra sounds a lot like our athletic director who we think is unbelievably fantastic. You guys will do well may take a little time from a recruiting standpoint because it sounds like Petrino left your cupboard empty. Satt is legit and will build a culture that you will all be proud of.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:06 pm

I appreciate the respect and nod. It's bittersweet but not expected, I don't think anybody faults the man for getting an opportunity to not be saddled by the politics of coaching a G5 school. We hope that Scott can do for Louisville what he did at App and make the Cardinals a powerhouse in the ACC again, maybe even get you all in the conversation for even bigger prizes that App would never be considered for.

Make sure your fan base is patient with Satt. The first year and a half with us he struggled with the FBS transition and there were quite a few people who were saying his seat was getting hot and yearning for Jerry Moore back. After we bottomed out with a loss to then-FCS Liberty at Homecoming, everything clicked and we went on a tear ever since. Obviously your team is in rough shape at the moment, but he's a good guy with a good head on his shoulders and he's got discipline. He'll get you where you need to be as long as you're patient with him and allow him the 2-4 years to get his recruits into the system and things the way he wants. Give him support and he'll field you a quality team.

Maybe somewhere down the line the Cardinals can come down to Boone for a little "Homecoming" game in the near future ;) I don't have any ill will, I just hope Louisville has all of the shady factors which have surrounded your athletics program the last few years have been resolved and that Scott doesn't find himself caught up in any of that. From what you said it seems to be resolved so I'm grateful for that.

Best of luck!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:10 pm

Nice user name, HST.

Chaz

Unread post by Chaz » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:10 pm

I wish Coach Satterfield and Louisville nothing but success. If you guys are able to be patient and let him rebuild without unrealistic expectations, I fully believe you'll be rewarded for it.

Raoul_Duke

Unread post by Raoul_Duke » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:21 pm

I certainly can't speak for the rest of the fanbase, but I think most understand the situation he's walking into and are willing to be patient. It's not like when Bobby left things in great shape before going to the Falcons, and we then proceeded to crap down our legs with Kragthorpe. This time, folks understand that there's a major overhaul that needs to be done on and off the field to get back to where we want to be. I genuinely think that Coach Satterfield's the right guy for that task.

As I mentioned before, Louisville's been on the other side of things plenty of times. We found out one of our coaches was leaving at half time of a bowl game. I know how bittersweet it is. I can thoroughly appreciate the resentment I'm sure some of you guys are feeling, because I've felt it personally. So I do sympathize sincerely with your situation. That being said, I'm also very excited about this new chapter in Louisville Football and I'm excited for Coach Satterfield. That said, I'm also proud to say I'm Appalachian State's newest fan as well. Best wishes!

BlueCreekAppFan

Unread post by BlueCreekAppFan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:34 pm

Agreed, you have a great coach coming on and we will miss him. Now, how bout schedule a home and home with us.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:39 pm

Thanks for your kind words. You are getting a good and decent coach and family. Hook him up with the team chaplain. Scott is a man of faith and will welcome that kind of support. Happy Holidays!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:44 pm

I wish the best for Satterfield. As far as Louisville, you guys built your program with nothing but cheating the whole way. You guys have paid recruits and had advantages you did not deserve and were rewarded for breaking rules by getting the ACC invite. You earned none of it and it is how I will ALWAYS view the University of Louisville. You will never be able to enjoy your spoils because of the way you got there. I hope Satterfield has a bright future and takes your money, but i will never pull for Louisville. That being said, Thanks for the kind words about AppState. It is great to be a Mountaineer and I hope and pray we always stay clean. I would rather go back to FCS than to make it the way Louisville did.

Raoul_Duke

Unread post by Raoul_Duke » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:22 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:44 pm
I wish the best for Satterfield. As far as Louisville, you guys built your program with nothing but cheating the whole way. You guys have paid recruits and had advantages you did not deserve and were rewarded for breaking rules by getting the ACC invite. You earned none of it and it is how I will ALWAYS view the University of Louisville. You will never be able to enjoy your spoils because of the way you got there. I hope Satterfield has a bright future and takes your money, but i will never pull for Louisville. That being said, Thanks for the kind words about AppState. It is great to be a Mountaineer and I hope and pray we always stay clean. I would rather go back to FCS than to make it the way Louisville did.
There's a lot of misinformation there...but like I said, I won't hold your resentment against you or take it personally. I was merely trying to be polite and gracious. Like I've said, we've been there ourselves and I know how much it sucks. Instead, I was hoping to take a moment to respect Appalachian State and it's fans and as far as I'm concerned that's still what's important here in this thread.

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:45 pm

We've had two HC's is the past 30 years, so this definitely stings. We'll be fine. The App football tradition is strong and will continue. Thanks for the kind words and good luck to UL and Satt.

Raoul_Duke

Unread post by Raoul_Duke » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:47 pm

Oh, and one last thing: I would LOVE the opportunity for a home and home with you guys.

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:12 pm

Raoul_Duke wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:47 pm
Oh, and one last thing: I would LOVE the opportunity for a home and home with you guys.
DITTO!

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:32 pm

Can the Cards throw in a 2 for 1 in b-ball to go with that h/h football agreement?
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:33 pm

Do they still have a basketball team?

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:45 pm

asu7 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:33 pm
Do they still have a basketball team?