Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

From Card Nation in peace

asu7
School: Appalachian State

Re: From Card Nation in peace

Unread post by asu7 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:53 pm

Yes we do I watched them play tonight on the plus against Howard.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:08 pm

Raoul_Duke wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:22 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:44 pm
I wish the best for Satterfield. As far as Louisville, you guys built your program with nothing but cheating the whole way. You guys have paid recruits and had advantages you did not deserve and were rewarded for breaking rules by getting the ACC invite. You earned none of it and it is how I will ALWAYS view the University of Louisville. You will never be able to enjoy your spoils because of the way you got there. I hope Satterfield has a bright future and takes your money, but i will never pull for Louisville. That being said, Thanks for the kind words about AppState. It is great to be a Mountaineer and I hope and pray we always stay clean. I would rather go back to FCS than to make it the way Louisville did.
There's a lot of misinformation there...but like I said, I won't hold your resentment against you or take it personally. I was merely trying to be polite and gracious. Like I've said, we've been there ourselves and I know how much it sucks. Instead, I was hoping to take a moment to respect Appalachian State and it's fans and as far as I'm concerned that's still what's important here in this thread.
Thanks for the respect from you.....we earned it. My thoughts about Louisville were there before Satterfield decided to coach there. All beliefs based on facts not misinformation.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:42 pm

Classy comments.

Cheers. I hope he cleans up the program and then you'll have a fringe fan in me.
The Appalachian State

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:47 am

Thank you for your kind words and well wishes. You guys just hit a home run with the hire. You should understand what I mean when I say the following. I will not be able to ever have any good feelings about U of L. I am an alumnus of Appalachian State University and I bleed black and gold totally. I am 110% App State. But... I was raised a Kentucky Wildcat. Born in Ashland, I am the only member of my family that did not graduate from UK. My cousin was student body president there. My youngest son is a UK alum. There is a lot more. It runs deep. So, you should understand why I'm not a big fan of black and red. Only black and gold. I do, however, pull for the Cards 3 times a year. Once in football and twice in basketball. You can probably figure that one out. Outside of those 3 times a year, nothing gives me more pleasure than an App State win or a Louisville loss. So, from a birthright member of big blue nation but a TOTAL App State fan, thanks for the respect. You got this one right.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:37 am

Raoul_Duke wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:47 pm
I just wanted to pop over here for a second to tell you guys that most of Card Nation has a lot of respect for Appalachian State, both your athletics and academics. Please know that while losing out on Brohm was admittedly deflating, we are very excited and proud to have Satterfield and a not-insignificant number of us have been pulling for him (and you) for a long while. What he's accomplished in building you guys from the FCS into the FBS in such a short time is nothing short of incredible, and I've little doubt that you guys will have trouble hiring a great coach that can continue what he's started and what you've all come to expect. Having lost coaches to "bigger" programs before ourselves, know that while I know there's nothing myself or any other Card fan can say that takes away the sting, we are sincere in our camradery and friendship.

I will say this however, I read a couple of posters who belittled Louisville and referred to it as a dumpster fire. Admittedly, this season was certainly nothing to be proud of and yes, we do have a rather checkered past. I will confess, I personally did gain a certain level of amusement out of being the program people loved to hate...but please, do understand that literally everyone involved in any of that, from the University president, to the athletic director, and now both coaches with sketchy histories are all gone. We hired Coach Satterfield precisely because he's the type of man we want to rebrand ourselves with. He's a hard working, honest, good man and we're proud that he's now the face of our program. Please, do not judge us by our past but rather by the future we're trying to build; a future who's face has a work ethic and morals that were undoubtedly shaped by his time at Appalachian State.

So peace be with all of you, and I wish you all the happiest of holidays. I'll be pulling for you Appalachian State in the future, and sincerely hope and believe you'll hire someone outstanding to continue your growth and upward trajectory. For those who feel a connection to Coach Satterfield, I encourage you to join the Cardinal Family if only as fans. For those who do not, I harbor no ill will and understand and respect your resentment. Regardless, best wishes.
I certainly harbor no ill will against Louisville and hope Satt suceeds there in a big way. Being in ATL and a long time Falcons supporter you can recognize my ill feelings toward Bobby Patrino, thus I haven't exactly been a U of L fan with him as the HC. Good luck to you going forward and hopefully a home and home awaits us in the near future.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”