Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Satt Deal

JMappfan5
School: Appalachian State

Re: Satt Deal

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:10 pm

What the hell were y'all expecting? Every Coach takes people he trusts and can work closely with to produce a winner. Some of you need to take off your App blinders and let's move forward together. We will be fine. May lose a few recruits and some players may transfer (but probably not to Louisville). But in the end APP NATION WILL RISE!!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:27 pm

Ncmtn wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:34 pm
I couldn’t watch. That was painful as f**k. They couldn’t even pronounce our school right and he’s talking about taking several of our coaches with him. All of it feels like a massive middle finger right in app states face. Every bit of it feels so wrong and like there’s no heart involved at all. Time to move on 100% from this. Thanks for the great job here Satterfield. Enjoy your new life.
And I was being talked down to by some of our own because I was ready to move on like Satt apparently has done. He was a Mountaineer but now he is a Louisville Cardinal.

I did not listen but sounds like they did flip us the bird. Luckily, we are much more than Scott and we will rise from this. Let's go 13-0 next year and show people we are not some normal G5 place. We can do something special next year on the national stage while Louisville is still at the bottom of the ACC barrel.

There is nothing wrong with him leaving us but we can't harp on him and cheer for Louisville because I can guarantee you if he is anywhere close to the coach we think he is he will be 100% focused and worried about Louisville. I'm sure he will check our scores and hope we do well in the SBC but I can assure you if we play him he will not be happy to lose to us.

Like someone above said though, we will rise! Go App!
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:32 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:27 pm
Ncmtn wrote:
I couldn’t watch. That was painful as f**k. They couldn’t even pronounce our school right and he’s talking about taking several of our coaches with him. All of it feels like a massive middle finger right in app states face. Every bit of it feels so wrong and like there’s no heart involved at all. Time to move on 100% from this. Thanks for the great job here Satterfield. Enjoy your new life.
And I was being talked down to by some of our own because I was ready to totally separate from Satterfield and no longer consider him a Mountaineer and only an alumnus of App State.

I did not listen but sounds like they did flip us the bird. Luckily, we are much more than Scott and we will rise from this. Let's go 13-0 next year and show people we are not some normal G5 place. We can do something special next year on the national stage while Louisville is still at the bottom of the ACC barrel.

Satterfield is no longer a Mountaineer. He is a Louisville Cardinal. There is nothing wrong with him leaving us but I don't want to hear any of you cheering for them because they clearly will not cheer for us and don't care if they hurt us.

You should no longer be considered a Mountaineer

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:33 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:59 pm
That’s basically $20M

Who said Jimmy Sexton sucks?
Yeah that was funny that anyone believed those numbers before. There was no way someone leaves for that little amount. I would have felt insulted had he left for 1.2M. At least with this he has the excuse that he was given an offer he could not refuse.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:36 pm

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:32 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:27 pm
Ncmtn wrote:
And I was being talked down to by some of our own because I was ready to totally separate from Satterfield and no longer consider him a Mountaineer and only an alumnus of App State.

Satterfield is no longer a Mountaineer. He is a Louisville Cardinal. There is nothing wrong with him leaving us but I don't want to hear any of you cheering for them because they clearly will not cheer for us and don't care if they hurt us.

You should no longer be considered a Mountaineer
He is technically an App guy because of his degree but he is now with Louisville and will do nothing to help us. I appreciate what Scott did prior and enjoyed the ride very much but that ended on Saturday and we have to move on. He clearly is able to move on from us right now.

I'm wearing my Black and Gold as we speak but I guarantee you Scott is not and I'm sure he will box up what gear he wants to keep and probably give a lot of it away.

He is not one of us right now. We are on to the next chapter. We will be just fine.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:39 pm

Some of ya’ll are acting like children and would probably be the same ones on here calling for his head if one season went sideways.

College football is a business. You honestly think he was going to go to Louisville, arguably the greatest challenge of his career, and not surround himself the familiarity of his coordinators, who have helped him be successful?

Cmon guys.
YNWA

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:42 pm

The Rock wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:50 pm
Everyone was saying earlier that Satt wouldn’t do that to App, wouldn’t steal our staff or recruits. I knew he would do what he had to to set himself up for success, but what surprises me is that he is going to take several with him before the bowl game. I know he is against a recruiting deadline, but it’s obvious he isnt concerned for App anymore. I wish he would hurry and name who he is taking so we can give a new coach an idea of who he needs to replace
Scott is going to do what is best for Louisville. He is not purposely trying to flip us off and destroy us but he is going to do what he can to make sure Louisville is the best they can be and if that means taking 80% of our staff and even accepting some of our players to transfer in, he will do it. Time to focus on the bowl game and our recruiting class because we can have a very special 2019 season without Satterfield or any of those who don't want to be here. Ultimately we have to want people who want to be here. If Brown, Satt, and others leave then they don't want to be here and want the paycheck. I am not mad at them for doing so but we have to do what we can to be our best and not harp on the fact they are gone. They are gone and that does not prevent us from having a great ending to this year and 2019 season.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:42 pm

Let’s see how much Satt donates next year. Congrats on the raise, don’t forget where you came from.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:42 pm

Just watched the Satterfield presser. He spoke so highly about us and his 23 years here. He said we’d be fine because of our amazing culture. I believe he’s absolutely right and that what we have on this mountain is bigger than ANY individual. Just as Hand, Settle, Coakley, Edwards, Richardson, Cox, Mack Brown and Jerry Moore came and went, so has Jalin Moore and Scott Satterfield. We’ll be OK. As many have already said, now is the time to grin and bear it, and show our support of all things Appalachian. It’s (always) great to be a Mountaineer!

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:44 pm

Anyone know what buyout was for us?

Update: Just checked. Only $425,000. I’m sure his team negotiated hard for that… But I wish it was for his remaining annual salary. That would’ve gotten us about $2 million!

https://www.wataugademocrat.com/sports/ ... 39de3.html
Last edited by appgrad on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:44 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:39 pm
Some of ya’ll are acting like children and would probably be the same ones on here calling for his head if one season went sideways.

College football is a business. You honestly think he was going to go to Louisville, arguably the greatest challenge of his career, and not surround himself the familiarity of his coordinators, who have helped him be successful?

Cmon guys.
Exactly. He is 100% focused on making Louisville the best he can. He will take anyone he can that he thinks can help him. There are some who will stay because they would rather be in Boone and those are the ones we want. We just have to go find others who want to be in Boone for the bowl game and 2019 season. I'm sure we will have a great staff.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:46 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:42 pm
Let’s see how much Satt donates next year. Congrats on the raise, don’t forget where you came from.
That's what I'm saying. We have former players who coach elsewhere and donate some to App. He certainly has the money to be among those and give more than 90% of them now.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:47 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Everyone was saying earlier that Satt wouldn’t do that to App, wouldn’t steal our staff or recruits. I knew he would do what he had to to set himself up for success, but what surprises me is that he is going to take several with him before the bowl game. I know he is against a recruiting deadline, but it’s obvious he isnt concerned for App anymore. I wish he would hurry and name who he is taking so we can give a new coach an idea of who he needs to replace
Scott is going to do what is best for Louisville. He is not purposely trying to flip us off and destroy us but he is going to do what he can to make sure Louisville is the best they can be and if that means taking 80% of our staff and even accepting some of our players to transfer in, he will do it. Time to focus on the bowl game and our recruiting class because we can have a very special 2019 season without Satterfield or any of those who don't want to be here. Ultimately we have to want people who want to be here. If Brown, Satt, and others leave then they don't want to be here and want the paycheck. I am not mad at them for doing so but we have to do what we can to be our best and not harp on the fact they are gone. They are gone and that does not prevent us from having a great ending to this year and 2019 season.
Some are forgetting that the assistant coaches are not "our" staff, they work for the Head Coach. Every coach takes at least some of HIS staff with him. Our new Head Coach will bring some of HIS staff with him. There may not be room for more than one or two of Scott's staff to stay in Boone.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:33 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:59 pm
That’s basically $20M

Who said Jimmy Sexton sucks?
Yeah that was funny that anyone believed those numbers before. There was no way someone leaves for that little amount. I would have felt insulted had he left for 1.2M. At least with this he has the excuse that he was given an offer he could not refuse.
Uh.....I meant to report he would be PAYING $1,200,000 a year in taxes........

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:56 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:47 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Some are forgetting that the assistant coaches are not "our" staff, they work for the Head Coach. Every coach takes at least some of HIS staff with him. Our new Head Coach will bring some of HIS staff with him. There may not be room for more than one or two of Scott's staff to stay in Boone.
Isn't Appalachian State on the check these coaches cash every month???? What am I missing...sure, they are part of the coaching staff and reported to Satt...but Satt didn't pay them.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:58 pm

goapps93 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Exactly. I'm sure a couple will stay and we will have support staff who stay but I would expect at least 6-8 new faces on the coaching staff in 2019, and potentially more. It will greatly depend on who the new coach is and if he has connections to any of our current staff who Scott chooses not to take.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:59 pm

APP93 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:56 pm
goapps93 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Isn't Appalachian State on the check these coaches cash every month???? What am I missing...sure, they are part of the coaching staff and reported to Satt...but Satt didn't pay them.
No, but he hired them and could have fired them. The AD does not decide who to hire as assistants and would be stupid to insist that an incoming Head Coach keep a certain number of current assistants.
WE ARE YOSEF!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:01 pm

APP93 wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
The Rock wrote:
They are but Louisville has a greater budget so if Scott wants to offer some of our guys more money they most likely would go and take the money. The only thing keeping coaches would be that they just love App and that the new head coach would want to keep them. There is a chance that the entire staff is new next year.

I do predict that we will have a lot of answers pretty quickly. I would be surprised if we don't have our next head coach no later than a week or so after the bowl game.

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:03 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:59 pm
APP93 wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
The Rock wrote:
No, but he hired them and could have fired them. The AD does not decide who to hire as assistants and would be stupid to insist that an incoming Head Coach keep a certain number of current assistants.
If those coaches get offered more salary and decide to go to Louisville or any other school than that is their right, but they are all employees of Appalachian State University and are our coaching staff.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:04 pm

The buy out bothers me

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”